• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
I think the place I live in has 120v outlet. If I put conductive metal to act as a conduit around where my heart is, and insert that into the outlet, would it be fatal?

Mizoppo911

Mizoppo911

treading through hell
Mar 26, 2023
Electrocution is a very painful way to go (most of the time) if this is your only option, sure. There are two types of currents the voltage (power) and the mA (current)

Electric Outlets usually have between 15 and 20 amps of current at 120 volts

Here is a chart on what happens depending on the mA:
0.2–2 an electrical sensation
1–2+ a painful shock
3–5 let-go threshold for children
6–10 minimum let-go threshold for adults
10–20 possible seizure at the contact point
22 inability to let go, for 99% of adults
20–50 possible seizures
50–100 possible life threatening heart rhythms

Now, ohms are the resistents, our body is approx around 2,000,000 ohms (dry hands) and than it gets significantly higher if you wet them (more contact), it gets to be approx 100,000 ohms, if you're STANDING in water such as a bath tub, it'll only take approx 1,000 ohms. Now sometimes you will not die instanly, actally this usually isn't the case, you'll most likely get arrhythmia (high heart rate). You'll sometimes also catch on fire.
Another thing to keep in mind is the place the current goes through, most of the time it's hand to hand. Most electricians are shocked a lot in their job, but it's not harmful because of the place the electricity goes out. A shock of 15 amps takes around 2-4 seconds to be truly harmful.
The resistant used in power outlets is VERY different than in the power lines.

All this being said, it's not the current that kills it's the path and how long you're able to hold on. It also fully depends on where you are and what you're wearing.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
i think that'd be hard to pull off with a high success rate, amd failing would probably land you in hospital... i wouldn't reccomend it, but it's an interesting thought.

Reactions: lessthanperfect