BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
This week I watched a couple of decent rock climbing docs - The Dawn Wall and Free Solo - and both focused on this massive 3,000ft high slab of granite called El Capitan (California).

All I could think about was hurling myself off it. In The Dawn Wall you see the sheer cliff face part and in Free Solo I can't believe the guy DIDN'T die, seeing as he climbed with no safety ropes.

Maybe it's a bit too long in the air though? Anyway, I wonder if people have caught the bus there.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, GarageKarate07, LastFlowers and 2 others
charlotte greentea

charlotte greentea

Misery Chick
Apr 2, 2021
There are a lot of beautiful places in the United States to jump from, though I had always thought of bridges rather than mountains.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone hadn't caught the bus at El Capitan. It seems like a nice place to go.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Screenshot 2021 04 20 21 17 38 Screenshot from the top.

Reactions: lobster salad
Viov

Viov

Aug 13, 2020
I have been to see it, from the bottom, it looks magnificent. We saw a couple of climbers too, most impressive. Would love to go back ❤

• Love
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
'I'll climb El Capitan
And jump off to cheers
From the crowd'

I dig.

Reactions: charlotte greentea
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Free solo was crazy. My hands sweating constantly watching both of those films.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and HenryHobkins
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
I looked through google and found NOBODY has CTB from Capitan but there have been accidental falls. 2 men who were "master" climbers fell together once and probly the most recent. I think "security" and access to that cliff is what stops suicidal people. I looked up Empire State for reference and found many CTB over the course of years all the way back to a laid off construction worker 1930-ish. So to date no-one has CTB from El Capitan California.

My point was not to discredit or make fun of. My point was actually the surprise that it has not been done yet. Also it could be for "publicity" that if a CTB occurred they don't report it to keep out copy cats. Also my point was "you would be the first" if someone felt like learning mountain climbing, getting a license (I believe you need a skills card I, II, III and a permit but I dont know if they mention that in the films you guys are mentioning) then hiring a "guide" and paying for travel and permits and all of that.

Much like the tourist who "jumped" from a tour chopper during a solo tour. This is Bill Burr making fun of this "incident". I don't thibk it was funny that this person felt bad enough that CTB was the final outcome but Burr is kinda funny depending on your sense of humor.

Spoil ALLERT: You may not like this.... However I think its funny as fuck! You have been warned!....sorta....

Last edited:
  • Love
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I think it's a matter of getting up there before being able to jump lol, I'm not sure if there's an easy way without knowing how to climb yourself.
I've watched both docs but I can't recall.
It seems to be a stupidly long hike to get to the top not climbing. That is probably what puts people off.

Reactions: LastFlowers and BluesRunTheGame
W

WarmLaterHalfDay

Jan 31, 2021
I tried to jump from top of el cap about 10 years ago it's march before climbing season, and mountain top is pretty much covered in snow so barely any hikers or climbers at all. I stayed on the top till dark couldn't jump then did a 8 miles steep hike back to the valley overnight. I think during off-season it's very easy to jump (no one around) and probably lots people has already done it. you can drive to the top then did a short hike or hike from bottom of the valley to reach the top which is what I did.

• Love