• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Instead of the head cover being fitted to the oxygen tank it comes with, would it be possible to connect it to the nitrogen tank? Building a setup from scratch is so intimidating. Please, advise 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_8107.jpeg
    IMG_8107.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8109.jpeg
    IMG_8109.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Or would something like this be good enough but with Nitrogen? If I were to do this in my bedroom, the gas that escapes, will it cause harm to anyone outside?

Attachments

• IMG_8111.png
    IMG_8111.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Or would something like this be good enough but with Nitrogen? If I were to do this in my bedroom, the gas that escapes, will it cause harm to anyone outside?
As long it attaches to the nitrogen bottle with the same connection as the oxygen bottle. Otherwise you'll need to make an adapter or change the connection on the hose.

Reactions: Shunya
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The EEBD hood is an effective option. Depending on the model it may have an exhale valve to vent your CO2.

You might struggle finding fittings to connect the hood to the pipe from your cylinder; if so you can cut the fitting off and join the pipes with a suitable double barb. Widely available on a certain auction website.

IMG 7930

Reactions: losing hope and Shunya
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
The EEBD hood is an effective option. Depending on the model it may have an exhale valve to vent your CO2.

You might struggle finding fittings to connect the hood to the pipe from your cylinder; if so you can cut the fitting off and join the pipes with a suitable double barb. Widely available on a certain auction website.

View attachment 124006

As long it attaches to the nitrogen bottle with the same connection as the oxygen bottle. Otherwise you'll need to make an adapter or change the connection on the hose.

Thank you both for the advice. I live in Indonesia where such things would be very hard to find. Instead of looking for adapters and using any special hood, would a diy exit bag like in the illustration do? If any gas escapes, will it harm anyone outside of my bedroom?

Would you guys mind checking out the two images of the nitrogen gas tanks attached in my post - which one would be adequate, how many liters? Is there anything to lookout for when buying the gas tank and regulator?

Is there any specific information I need to know? I read something about pressurized tanks being like missiles?

Attachments

• IMG_8111.png
    IMG_8111.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Many DIY hoods are made from oven cleaner kits. The huge bags that the oven trays fit in.

Nitrogen cylinder with flow meter rather than pressure regulator so you can set the flow to 15 litres per minute. In the UK an Argon flow meter fits a Nitrogen cylinder and the calculations are easy to adjust the flow.

Hope this helps a bit

Reactions: losing hope and Shunya
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Many DIY hoods are made from oven cleaner kits. The huge bags that the oven trays fit in.

Nitrogen cylinder with flow meter rather than pressure regulator so you can set the flow to 15 litres per minute. In the UK an Argon flow meter fits a Nitrogen cylinder and the calculations are easy to adjust the flow.

Hope this helps a bit
Thank you so much. Will save this into my notes. Will look at the nitrogen tanks (they have different specifications I don't quite understand as yet) available and if I have more questions, please, I hope you won't mind my picking your brain 🙏

F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Instead of the head cover being fitted to the oxygen tank it comes with, would it be possible to connect it to the nitrogen tank? Building a setup from scratch is so intimidating. Please, advise 🙏
You could buy that hood in the pic and just cut the hose where it connects to the air cylinder. But it's cheaper to just buy an EEBD hood with just a hose attached (no air tank). You can get cheap ones on Alibaba.

Would you guys mind checking out the two images of the nitrogen gas tanks attached in my post - which one would be adequate, how many liters? Is there anything to lookout for when buying the gas tank and regulator?

Is there any specific information I need to know? I read something about pressurized tanks being like missiles?

You could use an exit bag as a cheaper method if you wanted.

The nitrogen cylinder is in the first pic above says 0.3 metres cubed, which is 300 litres of compressed nitrogen. If you use a flowrate on the regulator of 15 litres per minute (LPM) of gas, that gives you roughly 20 minutes worth of gas (300 ÷15). The PPH says that death occurs in 5-10 mins.

In the 2nd pic, the cylinder has 2000 litres(2 metres cubed) of compressed nitrogen, so if you use a flowrate of 25 litres per minute, that will give you 80 mins worth of gas. Way more than you need.

I can't tell from the pic whether the guages on the regulator read the flow of gas( litres per minute (LPM) or cubic foot per hour (CFH)). As opposed to just the pressure(in p.s.i. and bar). You need a regulator with a flowmeter, like this one:
PhotoRoom 20231204 011808 12

You then just need an adjustable wrench to tighten the regulator to the cylinder valve.
The regulators usually come with a hose barb like this:
PhotoRoom 20231204 020024
You attach it to the regulator, leaving you with this:
PhotoRoom 20231204 014414

Then, using a sharp knife/utility knife, cut the connector off the end of the hose of whatever hood you get, and slide the end of the hose through a hose clamp. Then attach the end of the hood hose to the regulator barb, and slide up the hose clamp, tightening it using a flat-head screwdriver.
Here's an example of @k1w1's hose attached to a regulator barb:

PhotoRoom 20231204 023428

If the hood hose isn't long enough, and you had an extra hose like that one in the second pic of yours above, you could extend the hose. Just cut the connector off the hood hose, and attach the end to a double-sided hose barb connector, using a hose clamp. Attach the other hose(the one going to the regulator), to the other side of the connector.
Double-sided hose barb connector:
PhotoRoom 20231204 0155112

Here's k1w1's hose extension, using double-sided hose barb connector:

PhotoRoom 20231204 013535

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: k1w1, Praestat_Mori and Shunya
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
You could buy that hood in the pic and just cut the hose where it connects to the air cylinder. But it's cheaper to just buy an EEBD hood with just a hose attached (no air tank). You can get cheap ones on Alibaba.

The nitrogen cylinder is in the first pic above says 0.3 metres cubed, which is 300 litres of compressed nitrogen. If you use a flowrate on the regulator of 15 litres per minute (LPM) of gas, that gives you roughly 20 minutes worth of gas (300 ÷15). The PPH says that death occurs in 5-10 mins.

In the 2nd pic, the cylinder has 2000 litres(2 metres cubed) of compressed nitrogen, so if you use a flowrate of 25 litres per minute, that will give you 80 mins worth of gas. Way more than you need.

I can't tell from the pic whether the guages on the regulator read the flow of gas( litres per minute (LPM) or cubic foot per hour (CFH)). As opposed to just the pressure(in p.s.i. and bar). You need a regulator with a flowmeter, like this one:
View attachment 124095

You then just need an adjustable wrench to tighten the regulator to the cylinder valve.
View attachment 124097
View attachment 124086

Then, using a sharp knife/utility knife, cut the connector off the end of the hose of whatever hood you get, and slide the end of the hose through a hose clamp. Then attach the end of the hood hose to the regulator barb, and slide up the hose clamp, tightening it using a flat-head screwdriver.

View attachment 124100

If the hood hose isn't long enough, and you had an extra hose like that one in the second pic of yours above, you could extend the hose. Just cut the connector off the hood hose, and attach the end to a double-sided hose barb connector, using a hose clamp. Attach the other hose(the one going to the regulator), to the other side of the connector.
View attachment 124106

View attachment 124103
Thank you so much for the through instructions! I need to read properly to digest and understand. I will look at supplies online of what's available locally. If I get confused, I hope you won't mind my showing you more pictures and asking more questions?

Again, So grateful for your response 🙏☺️

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Thank you so much for the through instructions! I need to read properly to digest and understand. I will look at supplies online of what's available locally. If I get confused, I hope you won't mind my showing you more pictures and asking more questions?

Again, So grateful for your response 🙏☺️
the extension hose and brass fittings are available at hardware/welding shops & are usually 1/4 inch to match the hose. Dont buy the hood AND the tank, just ask the supplier to sell you the hood with hose attached. This is nothing new as they do it plenty. Msg if you need more info.

View attachment 124095

View attachment 124097
View attachment 124086

View attachment 124100

View attachment 124106

View attachment 124103
Why didn't my presentation look this good!!

• Love
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
View attachment 124095

View attachment 124097
For the regulator, I was looking online and there's many kinds. Does it have to be for carbon dioxide like in your image or specifically nitrogen, will one for argon do? Sorry I'm dumb .

I found these locally
CO2
IMG 8371
Argon
IMG 8370
the extension hose and brass fittings are available at hardware/welding shops & are usually 1/4 inch to match the hose. Dont buy the hood AND the tank, just ask the supplier to sell you the hood with hose attached. This is nothing new as they do it plenty. Msg if you need more info.

Why didn't my presentation look this good!!
Thank you so much for the response!

Do you mean something like this?
IMG 8373 what length would you recommend the hose to be?
this one seems short

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
For the regulator, I was looking online and there's many kinds. Does it have to be for carbon dioxide like in your image or specifically nitrogen, will one for argon do? Sorry I'm dumb .

I found these locally
CO2
View attachment 124385
Argon
View attachment 124386
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong pic, I shouldn't have uploaded a CO2 regulator. Try and get a regulator that matches your gas (e.g. nitrogen regulator for nitrogen gas), but if you can't, then that argon regulator is fine ( I have an argon regulator with a nitrogen cylinder). If you buy the argon regulator with nitrogen, you have to do a conversion, given that the flowmeter is set for argon. Just set the regulator to 20 litres per minute (LPM); that LPM in argon gives ~ 25 LPM nitrogen, which is fine.

Do you mean something like this?
View attachment 124387 what length would you recommend the hose to be?
this one seems short

Yeah, if you're buying a hood, get one like that, without the air cylinder.

My hood hose is 1 metre in length. Given that I'll probably be having my nitrogen cylinder directly beside an armchair, with my body strapped to the chair, that hose length is fine for me.
If you're having the cylinder right beside where you're sitting or lying, 1 metre or longer is fine. If you want a distance between yourself and the cylinder for whatever reason, you'll need a longer hose/ or to extend the hose.

To see how I hooked up my hood to a regulator and cylinder, it's here.

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong pic, I shouldn't have uploaded a CO2 regulator. Try and get a regulator that matches your gas (e.g. nitrogen regulator for nitrogen gas), but if you can't, then that argon regulator is fine ( I have an argon regulator with a nitrogen cylinder). If you buy the argon regulator with nitrogen, you have to do a conversion, given that the flowmeter is set for argon. Just set the regulator to 20 litres per minute (LPM); that LPM in argon gives ~ 25 LPM nitrogen, which is fine.

Yeah, if you're buying a hood, get one like that, without the air cylinder.

My hood hose is 1 metre in length. Given that I'll probably be having my nitrogen cylinder directly beside an armchair, with my body strapped to the chair, that hose length is fine for me.
If you're having the cylinder right beside where you're sitting or lying, 1 metre or longer is fine. If you want a distance between yourself and the cylinder for whatever reason, you'll need a longer hose/ or to extend the hose.

To see how I hooked up my hood to a regulator and cylinder, it's here.
Hello. For the hood, the seller has said that the length of the hose 71cms. Is that enough? Would it be ok if I were to lie down and have the tank lay beside me (I have a big bed).

Is this regulator ok
IMG 8394

would it be possible to connect the hose of this hood directly to that?
IMG 8373

F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Hello. For the hood, the seller has said that the length of the hose 71cms. Is that enough? Would it be ok if I were to lie down and have the tank lay beside me (I have a big bed).

Is this regulator ok
View attachment 124423
Yes, that regulator is fine to use, as long as you are buying it from the same country/region where you are buying your gas cylinder, so that the regulator connection definitely fits the cylinder.
(if it's from a different country/region to where you're buying the gas cylinder, make sure the regulator connection, that goes into the cylinder, fits the cylinder connection. Because different regions have different types of connection. e.g. in the U.S. the connections for nitrogen/argon are called CGA 580, so a CGA 580 gas regulator will only fit a CGA580 cylinder connection. In the UK it's a different connection. Buying the cylinder and regulator from the same country/region will guarantee the right connections. ).

Hello. For the hood, the seller has said that the length of the hose 71cms. Is that enough? Would it be ok if I were to lie down and have the tank lay beside me (I have a big bed)

would it be possible to connect the hose of this hood directly to that?
View attachment 124424

Someone here before posted that they bought a hood that had a hose of 70cm length, and it wasn't long enough. But they said they would try and make it work by keeping the cylinder very close to the hood. It might be too short, but you could buy it and try it out, you could always extend it. You would need a 2nd hose of similar diameter to that hood hose to extend it longer. If that hood is very cheap, it might be easier for you to just buy a 2nd hood like that and just cut the hose off it altogether, and attach it to the other hood hose. (how to do that is shown in a previous response to you.).

But ideally get a hood with a long enough hose.

Yeah, you can attach the hood hose directly to that regulator. You just cut off the hose connector (the silver metal thing) from the end of the hood hose.
175308 20230725 183135
Then attach the hose to the regulator barb using a hose clamp, like in the pics I put in a previous post above.

It is advised to be upright when using the hood. I think it's to allow any CO2 you exhale into the hood to go out the bottom of the hood easier. Plus I think it allows the CO2 to be exhaled out an exhalation valve at the front of the hood easier. Some people have used reclining chairs, which allows them to lie, but have their head slightly upright. See the inert gas setup gallery, here.
However, some people planned to lie on their bed, with their head slightly reclined, with the cylinder beside their bed.

Plus, companies say to store gas cylinders upright. Anyway, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have a cylinder in bed beside you; could you be certain you could avoid it rolling out of the bed when you're unconscious, and potentially pulling at the hose?( If your arm twitches when you're unconscious or whatever).
When buying the inert gas cylinder, most people probably take the seller at their word that the gas is 100% purity, if you feel you need to test it, use an oxygen sensor or oximeter. This is from the PPH:

173461 Purity testing

Last edited:
  • Love
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Yes, that regulator is fine to use, as long as you are buying it from the same country/region where you are buying your gas cylinder, so that the regulator connection definitely fits the cylinder.
(if it's from a different country/region to where you're buying the gas cylinder, make sure the regulator connection, that goes into the cylinder, fits the cylinder connection. Because different regions have different types of connection. e.g. in the U.S. the connections for nitrogen/argon are called CGA 580, so a CGA 580 gas regulator will only fit a CGA580 cylinder connection. In the UK it's a different connection. Buying the cylinder and regulator from the same country/region will guarantee the right connections. ).

Someone here before posted that they bought a hood that had a hose of 70cm length, and it wasn't long enough. But they said they would try and make it work by keeping the cylinder very close to the hood. It might be too short, but you could buy it and try it out, you could always extend it. You would need a 2nd hose of similar diameter to that hood hose to extend it longer. If that hood is very cheap, it might be easier for you to just buy a 2nd hood like that and just cut the hose off it altogether, and attach it to the other hood hose. (how to do that is shown in a previous response to you.).

But ideally get a hood with a long enough hose.

Yeah, you can attach the hood hose directly to that regulator. You just cut off the hose connector (the silver metal thing) from the end of the hood hose.
View attachment 124429
Then attach the hose to the regulator barb using a hose clamp, like in the pics I put in a previous post above.

It is advised to be upright when using the hood. I think it's to allow any CO2 you exhale into the hood to go out the bottom of the hood easier. Plus I think it allows the CO2 to be exhaled out an exhalation valve at the front of the hood easier. Some people have used reclining chairs, which allows them to lie, but have their head slightly upright. See the inert gas setup gallery, here.
However, some people planned to lie on their bed, with their head slightly reclined, with the cylinder beside their bed.

Plus, companies say to store gas cylinders upright. Anyway, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have a cylinder in bed beside you; could you be certain you could avoid it rolling out of the bed when you're unconscious, and potentially pulling at the hose?( If your arm twitches when you're unconscious or whatever).
When buying the inert gas cylinder, most people probably take the seller at their word that the gas is 100% purity, if you feel you need to test it, use an oxygen sensor or oximeter. This is from the PPH:

View attachment 124430
WHY BUY 2 HOODS? Cut the end off a hood and extend it as long as you wish...mine is now 2 mtrs long.

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023

Thank you so much for everything! Theyre Both sold locally, yes. I'll ask the seller if the regulator connection will fit the cylinder as it's both sold in the same store. I'll also look into extending the length of the hose. Will check if they have the supplies needed for it.

IMG 9133
IMG 9134
IMG 9135
IMG 9136

1m3 = 1000 litres of compressed nitrogen
Flowrate of 25 liters per minute. Set to 20 for the argon regulator above.
1000 : 25 = 40 minutes of gas. Is that enough?

How many liters of gas does your tank hold? The only other tank I found is 6m3 in volume, which I suppose would be too much?

Sorry for my slow response. I've been very ill and haven't come online. One night it felt like I was going to die. Forced myself awake to write a note thinking I won't wake up in the morning but sadly, here I am.

Again, so grateful for everything. (And pardon my poor English) =)

Last edited:
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Anyone, help please? How many minutes, how many liters would be adequate?

I hope someone sees this. Is "Falling slowly" ok? Is he at peace, atleast?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
View attachment 126001
View attachment 126002

View attachment 126004

1m3 = 1000 litres of compressed nitrogen
Flowrate of 25 liters per minute. Set to 20 for the argon regulator above.
1000 : 25 = 40 minutes of gas. Is that enough?
Anyone, help please? How many minutes, how many liters would be adequate?
The 1000 litres of nitrogen is plenty enough.
Yes, probably best to set it to 20lpm on the Argon flowmeter, which like you say gives about 25lpm of nitrogen.
40 mins of gas is fine, PPH says death in 5-10 mins with nitrogen.

• Love
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
The 1000 litres of nitrogen is plenty enough.
Yes, probably best to set it to 20lpm on the Argon flowmeter, which like you say gives about 25lpm of nitrogen.
40 mins of gas is fine, PPH says death in 5-10 mins with nitrogen.
I've found that most here say the flow rate should be 15 liters per minute. Is there a difference between setting it to 25 instead of 15lpm?

Thank You so much for responding, Youve really put me at ease. =)

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I've found that most here say the flow rate should be 15 liters per minute. Is there a difference between setting it to 25 instead of 15lpm?

Thank You so much for responding, Youve really put me at ease. =)
In the PPeH 15lpm is recommended for nitrogen with an exit bag. But when they were testing nitrogen with a hood/helmet, they recommended 25lpm.
Screenshot 20240116 173116
I would go with 25lpm nitrogen (20 LPM on the argon regulator flowmeter) for a hood. You have plenty of gas.

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Hey, are you already done everything? I'm from Indonesia too and I want to buy exact same stuff like you
Hello! I've gotten the Eebd hood and other supplies except for the tank. Got everything off of toko ped.

Last edited: