B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Has anyone else gotten ect treatments? (Brain shock therapy). I have done 57 treatments and I feel like a dumb fried stupid idiot who can't even remember stuff so I look so stupid at work and when I'm trying to act "normal" with people. I also got kicked out of my masters program last year because of the side effects and the professor could care less that I need these treatments so I don't ctb too soon

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth, moon_r4 and itsamadworld
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
My god I though they stopped doing that years ago, or am I just grossly ignorant?? entirely possible I don't mind admitting in tiny writing

M

moon_r4

Jan 27, 2019
Yeah, I had about 20 ect treatments a couple of years ago. Before that, I had completed a degree, but I have forgotten pretty much all of what I did. I really worry that it's affected my ability to memorise new information, what is this like for you?

Hypothetically, I would like to do a masters program in the future, but I don't feel capable anymore.

Also, when was your last treatment? Just asking because I found the memory improved a little a few months after treatment.

Are you on any psych meds? I was on olanzapine for some time after the treatments and when I stopped taking that, my memory improved a little.