• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Has anyone else watched the YouTube interview with Dynamo?

I thought he was so brave opening up about his struggles.

He also mentioned having been suggested the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 step book to read by his therapist- even though he's never even drunk alcohol. Can't say I'm massively in to the idea of recovery myself but it sounded like a good resource to mention here. Has anyone read it and gotten something from it?

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Never heard of this guy. Thanks for sharing.

As for AA, I wonder if the Adult Children of Alcoholics (& Dysfunctional Families) might be more your speed. It is not explicitly for people with addictions. There is something to be said for psychological troubles following general patterns even if their outward manifestations are very different. ACoA kind of takes a pop-psychology approach to the issue, but I found it compelling even though I have received higher education in the subject.

A few years ago, I met regularly with a local support group, and we completed an ACoA workbook together. I found it helpful even as an atheist, but your mileage may vary, of course.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
There are A groups other than AA if alcohol is not your problem.

However, if I just read the book without going to the meetings then I would definitely think it's some religious shit that I can't relate to and I definitely wouldn't think it's for me!

If you want to give the 12 step program a chance you just have to go to the meetings for a few weeks and then decide whether it works for you or not. It is worth a try. It has saved the minds of many people around the world for decades, no idea why. For me it works too. And I tried many, many "normal" therapy before.