• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
Years ago I had an eating disorder where I was very underweight. Clearly I had side effects but gradually I gained weight by starting to eat more and I will not be so restrictive with food.

Lately I feel that this disorder is coming back but is it possible to die from anorexia as a CTB method? I am willing to try this method but I have no information on this.

I know from the internet news that some girls died from this but I really don't know how is the dying process.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

C

Camper

Sep 27, 2022
Sure, it's possible. I'd argue that everyone who has a severe eating disorder is willingly heading towards their suicide.

But it's a very long and painful method. Just look at Ashley Isaacs; she's been severely anorexic for over a decade now. If anything, people with BN seem to drop faster, but that has more to do with heart damage than their weight.

I'm not really one to personally suggest suicide methods, but this one seems to be the most... impractical, I guess is the word for it. There are faster, more effective, and less painful methods.

evannave

evannave

love you guys <3
Feb 27, 2024
Years ago I had an eating disorder where I was very underweight. Clearly I had side effects but gradually I gained weight by starting to eat more and I will not be so restrictive with food.

Lately I feel that this disorder is coming back but is it possible to die from anorexia as a CTB method? I am willing to try this method but I have no information on this.

I know from the internet news that some girls died from this but I really don't know how is the dying process.

you could look into VSED (Voluntary Stopping Eating and Drinking)? but it takes quite a bit and can be uncomfortable. Below is a link to someone's journey through it as well as some stuff from the PePH.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ctb-via-vsed-journey.156767/

1712761800275 1712761836707

• Informative
Reactions: theboy
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
As a female who's been in and out of clinics for anorexia since I was 15. No…at my lowest.I was 5'5 65 lbs. a skeleton. Your body doesn't want to die of this. I guess maybe If you have other health conditions this could compound the issue and cause death but generally. No. i was Auschwitz prisoner level and I didn't die.

Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
14 days is optimistic so it would likely be a drawn our and painful experience.

B

Braqs

Apr 5, 2024
It would be extremely difficult. I'm a male who has struggled with anorexia for over 25 years, with the past decade being particularly bad and with little hope of a remotely stable recovery. I've been in and out of treatment programs during that time, at all levels of care, and only known one or two people who've died, neither directly from the disease. It's extremely long, drawn out, and as mentioned above, painful. Also, there's a strong potential for outside intervention.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
From the studies I've read it seems most deaths from eating disorders are due to exacerbating factors, namely substance abuse/alcohol and age (the older you are, the more dangerous it is). Even so, people can live for decades with an ED; the body has a way of adapting.

D

DavidInternet

Jan 3, 2024

It's unlikely to work. The greater likelihood is you'll injure yourself, get sent to hospital and then sectioned to a mental health institution. As time goes by, you'll face weekly weigh-ins and all sorts.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Anorexia is the only mental illness in which the illness itself can kill you. And it very much does kill. However how long it will take and how painful and drawn out it will be is so wildly unpredictable. Some people develop anorexia and are dead within a few months before they're even underweight. Some people even die from it while still considered overweight. Others live for years, decades even, with a severely underweight BMI and serious health complications, yet their body continues to cling onto life with everything it has. It's impossible to know how hard your body is going to fight.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023

As someone with an ED, it's absolutely possible but its slow, its painful, its not guaranteed (you're probably gonna get put in a psych ward anyways cause you can't hide it forever) and it's not really easily achieved or sustainable for most.

I'm still holding out hopes if I can't find a quicker solution, but I don't think it's reliable enough to do the trick.

I fucking wish though lmao

<3

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
As someone with an ED, it's absolutely possible but its slow, its painful, its not guaranteed (you're probably gonna get put in a psych ward anyways cause you can't hide it forever) and it's not really easily achieved or sustainable for most.

I'm still holding out hopes if I can't find a quicker solution, but I don't think it's reliable enough to do the trick.

I fucking wish though lmao

<3
I can relate to that lol, I used to obsessively monitor my heartrate in the hopes that it would get low enough to kill me in my sleep.

I've relapsed now so if I can't find the courage to jump then that's my backup, as unreliable as it is. I do think I started to get close to at least substantial cardiac complications last time but then I started recovery and ruined it :meh:

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I can relate to that lol, I used to obsessively monitor my heartrate in the hopes that it would get low enough to kill me in my sleep.

I've relapsed now so if I can't find the courage to jump then that's my backup, as unreliable as it is. I do think I started to get close to at least substantial cardiac complications last time but then I started recovery and ruined it :meh:
My ED was getting so bad back in December my heart rate was slowing down and I got so excited because I knew that was the first step in the dying process. Then I also decided to partially recover and now I've stabilized enough that my heart rate is normal again and I'm struggling to get back to restricting heavily. I work with ED patients sometimes though, and the body is incredibly resilient. Patients with heart rates in the 20s and 30s, blood pressures the same as infants, very low BMI, and they can survive for incredibly long periods of time.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
My ED was getting so bad back in December my heart rate was slowing down and I got so excited because I knew that was the first step in the dying process. Then I also decided to partially recover and now I've stabilized enough that my heart rate is normal again and I'm struggling to get back to restricting heavily. I work with ED patients sometimes though, and the body is incredibly resilient. Patients with heart rates in the 20s and 30s, blood pressures the same as infants, very low BMI, and they can survive for incredibly long periods of time.
Yeah, I'm always astounded by how much abuse I can put my body through with all my ED BS, and it just keeps on ticking. It makes that coveted, easy, sudden death by ED seem so out of reach. I knew how unlikely it was even at my worst, but I always liked the feeling of having one foot on the side of death. Just the possibility being there, no matter how small, was a comfort that I was deprived of during recovery.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Yeah, I'm always astounded by how much abuse I can put my body through with all my ED BS, and it just keeps on ticking. It makes that coveted, easy, sudden death by ED seem so out of reach. I knew how unlikely it was even at my worst, but I always liked the feeling of having one foot on the side of death. Just the possibility being there, no matter how small, was a comfort that I was deprived of during recovery.
I wouldn't necessarily call dying from an ED unlikely, rather more unpredictable. If you don't recover it will kill you, it's just impossible to know how long it will take.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I wouldn't necessarily call dying from an ED unlikely, rather more unpredictable. If you don't recover it will kill you, it's just impossible to know how long it will take.
In that way EDs are like what Albert Camus said about war: you live by it or you die by it.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
In that way EDs are like what Albert Camus said about war: you live by it or you die by it.
Eugenia Cooney has looked like she is one calorie away from biting the bullet for years now. She's the perfect example of how unimaginably resilient humans can be. Yet I've seen patients still considered overweight whose bodies are starting to shut down. It's truly crazy how vast the spectrum is.

S

siouxsie

Nov 3, 2023
I've had anorexia for over 20 years now. Still alive though. Dying of anorexia is so unpredictable. There's people who survive for decades, others die suddenly. There's those who die of sudden cardiac arrest or multi organ failure. I have read so many books on this. Mostly first hand accounts and books written by family of the deceased. Those people did not leave this world in a peaceful manner. A lot of them die after months in Palliative care. Some go blind weeks before they die. Others are unable to move. It's like being trapped in your own body. I wouldn't want to leave the world like this. It usually involves a lot of suffering, and family and friends watching you suffer for all that time and suffering too. I'm in the medical field and I can assure you it's a really awful feeling seeing someone suffer and wither away for a long time even if your not related to them.

Also, our bodies have a tendency to try to survive. After 20 years of eating disorders I'm still alive. But anorexia has done massive permanent damage on my body. My gastrointestinal system is fucked up completely. My small intestine basically doesn't do it's job anymore at all. Loss of abdominal fat causes my superior mesenteric artery to compress my duodenum, which means everytime I attempt to eat anything solid it get stuck there, leaving me in excruciating pain that doesn't even respond to opiates and causing nausea and vomiting. Now im in a place where I can barely even digest liquids, and if I slip and eat something solid the pain is so unbearable I have yelled at hospital staff to just let me die already cause I can't take the pain anymore. So basically anorexia made my life living hell. More than it already was before. There definitely are more pleasant ways to die.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I have ED, and I believe it is extremely difficult to die from starvation because if you are at home, you will eat.

During starvation, you should probably go to the woods and isolate yourself to put your body through a lot of stress with no chance of food.

People die from ED after starving and engaging in overeating, binge eating, and purging behaviors.
I won't mention those.

Many girls weigh less than 75 pounds and are full of life. Being severely underweight does not seem like a quick and peaceful method.