• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
As I'm working my way up to my next attempt, I've started to try to post my (hopefully) last words on social media and the like. I've been transparent about my mental health and experience with suicidal ideation on my social media which has a non-negligible following (1.2k followers on my main platform, all people I know though). I'm thinking about leaving some more details as to why I'm ctb'ing. Of course nothing so obvious that I get welfare checked or anything, but at least something that'll make people go "woops, we should have noticed this" which I find slightly satisfying, and also that'll let people know my side of the story. (I have a lot of beef with people that I fully expect to talk shit about me after my death as they have through my life too.)

I'm curious if anyone else has thought of this and if so what you've shared/think you will share.

EternalDreams

EternalDreams

dreaming
Sep 19, 2019
I've thought about giving small hints too, but at the same time I don't want them to have survivor's guilt or smth like them thinking they could have done something to prevent it. I just want to leave peacefully without someone thinking everyday they could have done something to prevent my inevitable ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: ihateearth and Kit1
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends why you're doing it. If it's a cry for help, it's probably best to be more direct than subtle. People probably won't notice as much as you think, everyone has their own busy lives.

B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
As I'm working my way up to my next attempt, I've started to try to post my (hopefully) last words on social media and the like. I've been transparent about my mental health and experience with suicidal ideation on my social media which has a non-negligible following (1.2k followers on my main platform, all people I know though). I'm thinking about leaving some more details as to why I'm ctb'ing. Of course nothing so obvious that I get welfare checked or anything, but at least something that'll make people go "woops, we should have noticed this" which I find slightly satisfying, and also that'll let people know my side of the story. (I have a lot of beef with people that I fully expect to talk shit about me after my death as they have through my life too.)

I'm curious if anyone else has thought of this and if so what you've shared/think you will share.
people actually would have notived this better if there weren't a trend amongst almost all emo girls crying over the internet every other fuckin' day. ( count me in btw ). although the ones who care, would notice for sure and wtv it makes the heart feel good writing things down so good luck ig

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
For me I would not for three reasons:

1) Their is the chance that they would get the mental health/crisis teams on to me.

2) They will not believe that I will kill myself.

3) They will not care.

Endlichkeit

Endlichkeit

Tears do not burn except in solitude
Feb 26, 2023
Why don't you create a post explaining everything and schedule it to be published some time after your death?
Maybe you are just subconsciously looking for support from others?

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
my friends are aware and so are my followers about my suicidal ideation and mental illnesses when i vent about it a lot cause i'm allowed to. i've gone blind and tweeted scary things on main but i don't fear wellness checking since... they don't even know me and my friends know better than to do that to me since they also struggle like i do.

when it comes time to actually ctb, i will say absolutely nothing. no posts. nothing. just disappear completely and hopefully my last post is something normal.

H

HallowHomie

Apr 1, 2024
I've thought of doing the same. i just personally can't bring myself to mention it. Im mostly alone (no friends or social life) so daily I feel hopeless and just wish for death, but when I'm with my Aunt & Little cousin the feelings are still there but easier to push to the side and ignore. Its like we talk/joke in a quick convo and during the conversation my mind isn't going "just a few more months" or actively thinking of different methods back to back. Then as soon as the conversation ends Im back to thinking these thoughts, feeling hopeless and like shit, and wishing for my own death whether that be by my own hand or someone elses.

That being said I cant imagine myself ever uttering a word about this to my family since the last time I talked to my Aunt about it (this was when i lived with her as a teen and explained to her I wanted to swallow a ton if weight loss pills thinking it would hurt/kill me) I got the strong feeling she perceived it as a way to get attention. Truthfully my memory is shit but I couldve swore after expressing myself during that time she spoke to someone else over the phone saying so.

Thanks for reading whom ever did. Also excuse the grammar, Im on my phone and its late

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Why don't you create a post explaining everything and schedule it to be published some time after your death?
Maybe you are just subconsciously looking for support from others?
That's exactly what I'm planning to do. Not a single hint before I do it, but I will definitely schedule a long message to be published after my death.
However, I'm afraid to be saved because I live with my partner and they would probably notice something is wrong if I'm still "asleep" when they come back from work, or if I'm not there anymore. What if I wake up AFTER my post is sent? That would be terribly embarrassing.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024

Bad idea. If you fail you have to go on an apology campaign anyways besides publicly alerting people on social media. Its embarrassing anyways and they could contact police.

With social media posts about CTB any future jobs, your contacts, and anyone who googles you could see it or someone could share or save it. Most will ignore you and pity you and others could mock you. If someone has 100 real friends do you really think even that many real people care? Most people don't care.

If you also still care what people think even though you could be dead if actually planning to CTB, why does it matter what they think if you're dead? You may still have hope and a chance to beat this with treatment if you think this way.

Please seek help. I think you can recover if things like this matter to you.

Last edited:
Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
Be careful where you post it. Knew a guy who posted on facebook about those thoughts and his mom called police and got him an EOD order and he was stuck in the psych ward for 2 weeks

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
If you want them to know then schedule send. Otherwise don't give them survivor's guilt.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
Be careful where you post it. Knew a guy who posted on facebook about those thoughts and his mom called police and got him an EOD order and he was stuck in the psych ward for 2 weeks
Many people would do that. Posting things like this is seen as a cry for help on social media. I don't blame them. They're doing what's right in theirs eyes for people they care about or out of the goodness of their hearts.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I just avoid most social media. It's just so toxic. I look at thiamine and sometimes Redditch but only for very specific things. Controlling had its grip on me a while back so I stopped to regain some of my sanity.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
I'm glad people share things and that you made this post to express thoughts. I hope people aren't sounding too harsh. I'm kinda happy for you. When I still cared about what people thought, I wasn't as suicidal. Not saying you aren't.

I still had a chance to live because some part of me cared. It helped me live longer to prove to myself and them that they were wrong and build a life I could be ok or proud of. Some of us have attempts in our past, but there's a deeper state of being numb and not caring anymore. The psych ward also isn't fun. You can have cops at your door with this.

Alerting people on social media, texting several people before or while you CTB makes them feel obligated and guilty to stop you or quiet because they're shocked or annoyed, yes annoyed, and adds more drama to life. Then if you fail those people could dislike you, talk bad about you, call you a drama Queen, leave, or feel mad.

You emotionally impact them and drag them into something they didn't ask to be in. When I CTB I'm not telling many people. Everyone has issues and others often don't care about yours.

Last edited:
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
When you tell someone you're suicidal, they secretly want you to carry out your plans. Society views suicidal people as feeble, pitiful, annoying, erratic, mentally ill, and potentially dangerous.

Internet-celebs face ridicule when they publish their suicide notes. In my opinion, suicide is a dignified death in its own right. You owe no one an explanation. There is no necessity to subject oneself to ridicule.

I wish a peaceful death to everyone, particularly members of this community. While I don't see a reason to subject yourself to ridicule from people you already have beef with, you are free to do what you think is best for yourself.

• Love
Reactions: lament.
noctilucent

noctilucent

Apr 5, 2024
I have a lot of suicidal friends, and a lot of them do post things or threaten to do things online. The two things I'd say to be weary of that I've observed are as follows:

1. Since you know the people, if you post anything too risky they likely have information required to report your plans or send wellness checks, etc. I've had someone send the cops to my house based on online messages alone when all they had on me was my phone number, so an actual friend could probably do so easily.

2. It can very easily become a "boy who cried wolf" situation. People may grow numb to the idea, or simply start assuming you're never going to actually do anything, in which case the reactions you get will probably make you feel worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash and Little_Suzy
grungy自殺

grungy自殺

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Jan 9, 2024
If i were to actually do this by social media, i'll do it at the absolute time that i'm going to do it (ctb)

I would have to Prepare how i'm gonna succeed so si wouldn't applicable to have myself be locked away by crisis workers (and even then it would be awful, considering the permanent damage that i'll do to myself if i survive it)

Sending a cry for help is tempting, but it's mainly all by impulse and to be honest i wish i could tell the part in my head that i don't want help and i actually want to do it
because it's just so annoying..

secretsfromthecity

secretsfromthecity

To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
May 6, 2023

I've heard of people auto-posting after they've passed. Like "if you're seeing this that means xyz" and kind of post a reason.