• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I have been thinking a lot about methods and each one requires a lot of effort and secrecy that's hard for me to do while I live with my family. I know a bunch of celebrities have unfortunately passed away from drinking and drowning in their bathtubs. How viable would this option be in general? Would SI kick in as you're drowning? Or would the fact that you're drunk help diminish the pain and the SI so that I can just ctb peacefully in the tub?

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
It's viable, my first attempt I drank a bottle of whisky before going for a swim in the local reservoir.
After a little while I blacked out but ended up being washed up on the shore.
SI wasn't an issue in the slightest.

maxoffline

maxoffline

dancing in my room with my kitty
Sep 25, 2023
I believe it is viable, but if you blackout its completely up to chance what happens next
Please be 100% sure before you try this method! I'm here if you need to talk or chat about anything at all :)

• Hugs
Reactions: anxiousmess0471
anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
It's viable, my first attempt I drank a bottle of whisky before going for a swim in the local reservoir.
After a little while I blacked out but ended up being washed up on the shore.
SI wasn't an issue in the slightest.
Did you feel any pain? Do you remember feeling any pain?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Sorry if I’m being a jerk I’m just stupid
Nov 26, 2023
I've heard that the pain will keep you awake but honestly that could just be some pro life shit I picked up on. Don't attempt this is you aren't ready to endure the agony that is drowning. It's listed pretty high in terms of pain.

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I've heard that the pain will keep you awake but honestly that could just be some pro life shit I picked up on. Don't attempt this is you aren't ready to endure the agony that is drowning. It's listed pretty high in terms of pain.
But if I blackout due to the alcohol, wouldn't I feel no pain?

cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
I've considered drinking to blackout levels and then attempting drowning several times, but I'm really not sure how viable it is.

Although I've personally thought about drowning at sea or in a river, since my house doesn't have a bathtub.

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Did you feel any pain? Do you remember feeling any pain?
None until the morning after, when I washed up I just decided to go home and I remember fighting my way through a briar patch.
When I came too I was in bed and my arms were scratched to hell and bloody but at the time the combination of drink and the freezing water numbed me completely.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong), drowning is not that physically painful, and may even be peaceful in some cases, especially after physical exertion.
The panic response is what causes it to be so agonizing when conscious.
I know a Navy SEAL who drown in training. He died, but they managed to bring him back to life, pumping all the water out of his lungs and shocking his heart, he said it was a most peaceful experience. He fought it but as soon as he just let go and took the water in, it was extremely peaceful. Maybe it's akin to being in the womb surrounded by fluid before we're born into this.

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong), drowning is not that physically painful, and may even be peaceful in some cases, especially after physical exertion.
The panic response is what causes it to be so agonizing when conscious.
Thanks for the info. This was an interesting read. To avoid the panic response, which I've heard can be intense because your body will start to fight to breathe properly, I was thinking of getting blackout drunk.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Thanks for the info. This was an interesting read. To avoid the panic response, which I've heard can be intense because your body will start to fight to breathe properly, I was thinking of getting blackout drunk.
Here's a summary from Geo Stone's book: "This is not a complicated means of suicide. Pretty much all that's needed is some water and a few minutes without interruption. Reports from near drownings are contradictory concerning pain. To minimize it, one may take enough alcohol or sedatives to become unconscious while swimming or bathing. To decrease the chances of unwanted resuscitation, avoid drowning in freezing water. Drowning is a fairly quick and frequently lethal—two-thirds to three-quarters of such attempts are fatal—means of suicide, usually taking between four and ten minutes, but there is some danger of brain damage if you're rescued after being unconscious. Drowning is a very poor choice for a suicidal gesture."

Edit: One could use a painless asphyxiant gas to pass out. I'm considering that route myself. The only things stopping me are the risk of being seen and my fear of deep water, the latter of which may be manageable.

Last edited: