• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I want to express in grave detail the utter distain that I've come to develope for your threads...
but I see that i'm not the only one who feels this way so I wont join the mob & just accept that you are who you
are and continue to roll my eyes silently in the background. 🤷‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: thegoldengirls, Dliena, Life_and_Death and 4 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
It's more a free speech forum about suicide with legal rules. Encouraging someone to die is forbidden, but expressing pro-death views without inciting anyone breaks no rules.
It's hard to express pro death views without indirectly inciting people to commit the act. I mean honestly, if you constantly preach that death is better than life and that life is pointless, how many people will just tip over the edge from that? You aren't directly inciting anyone but that rhetoric can definitely affect someone

Reactions: walkingdead2023
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Pro death views shouldn't be allowed just like pro life views. You don't have to incite anyone to die directly by stating they should die. You can do so by preaching how pointless life is and how pointless recovery is and how everything is pointless and that it's better to just die.
Pretty sure if anyone posts how amazing life is and how bad dying is they will almost instantly get banned. Even without directly encouraging people not to CTB.
Pro life views state that anyone under any circumstances should choose life over death. This isn't true and people get banned here for it.
Yeah, and allowing pro-death people to preach how death is the only ultimate goal, the only way to find peace is a pure hypocrisy.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, hopeless08, walkingdead2023 and 1 other person
C

CoffeeN

Feb 11, 2024
Ohh so u want people to reply - just get a gun or rope shit never getting better, to the ones who have gone through dark times?? Instead of showing empathy ...that's twisted.

Reactions: sisyphus_, W3akCr3atur3 and Life_and_Death
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I've been reading and not responding to your posts for a while now, and decided that this one time I will give a response.

The reason that I joined this forum is because this was a place where there were a lot of people who hated their lives who could give voice to their thoughts without being stigmatized and without receiving the whole "oh but you've got so much to live for!" stuff that people who don't suffer give out. Because we all suffer, we can all help each other suffer less. This part is what I think is what most people view the forum as. A place where we can share that life sucks and talk about it and relate to it, and try to help others if we can in our own ways.

These ways may be, as I mentioned, simply relating to the struggle. It may be validation, or maybe it's expressing anger towards society. Fair enough. Some people, myself included, may at times offer advice. Is advice on a situation pro-life? I'm not so sure. If someone is complaining that their friends are ghosting them and I give them advice rather than say "oh here's a link to a ctb method for you!" is that somehow pro-life? I think it isn't, nor do I think it's pro-death. I think it's anti-suffering. Anti-suffering is, I think, what most people are here for.

Everyone here suffers. I'm not going to make someone ctb, but I do want to try to help make people feel better. If someone makes a vent thread and I offer genuine advice to slightly improve that specific situation does that make me a bad pro-lifer? If so, so be it. I guess I'm a bad person by SS standards if I want to try to make someone a little less sad just for today.

I'm using SS as a way to make my days a little less shit. You might be happy to know that SS hasn't, nor will it ever convince me not to ctb. I just want to be able to connect with like-minded people who understand the struggle to try to make my days, and theirs, less shit before the time comes. Some people are here for ctb resources or for ctb advice. That's perfectly fine and I'll give some tentative advice, but again, this is from the anti-suffering viewpoint. If someone wants help with a method that's objectively bad I don't want to tell them "yeah yeah go through with it find the peace you deserve" only to have them end up in a shitload of pain from their failed attempt. Again, not pro-life, this is anti-suffering.

You're welcome to have any viewpoints you want regarding the people here, just as I am. However, you claim this isn't a safe space, and that is just objectively false. I've seen and interacted with multiple threads of people discussing ctb methods and haven't yet seen someone who I'd describe as pro-life. I've seen vent posts and discussions filled with supportive people.

My question to you is, what is an evil pro-lifer on this forum? Can you provide tangible examples? Because all I've seen are supportive, likeminded, non-judgemental (at least, not the bad kind of judgemental) people who all have a common pain that they wish to share and to alleviate from themselves and others. Is that really such a bad thing?

Reactions: verrobasd
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Pro-death is actually forbidden. It's a pro-choice forum. Well, it's supposed to be

The forum is pro-choice, meaning it doesn't take a position on whether life or death is the preferable option.

But there's nothing stopping an individual from being pro-mortalist in the suicide section, just as there's nothing stopping someone from expressing pro-life views in the recovery section.

They just have no right to demand anyone else on here should agree with them.

It really comes down to how you put your opinions across, and whether you respect differing views without being a bully.

That's how I interpret it anyway, but maybe I'm totally wrong on this?

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
ban anyone who inadvertently says they enjoy ice cream or something.

We would have to celebrate with some ice cream if one day we didn't have to cop a daily berating of our community for failing to meet death KPIs.

Dblccbm ee16d284 d42b 456a a355 b9875929ade5

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, ctvunny, Yuki_03 and 4 others
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
You know, you could all just like ignore FuneralCry like adults. Like there is a feature on this site that allows you to not see posts or comments from other users.

Yes, sometimes FC's posts can get tedious. Or even annoying at times because of how repetitive they can be.

What's more annoying though is that y'all can't seem to help yourselves from responding to them, and the hypocrisy of dogpiling on them when they do post. They have just as much right to post here, as long as they follow the site rules.

You don't have to like what they posts, and I don't think FC ever has sought out responses. But people seem to be compelled to actively take out their frustrations out on this user in their threads, instead of doing the mature thing and just clicking the little ignore button that this site provides.

Also this behavior from you guys kind of proves their point about this place becoming less of a saf space for people.

FC is entitled to their opinions and feelings and is also entitled to post them as long as they are following the terms and rules.

• Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99, pole, vak and 4 others
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
FC is entitled to their opinions and feelings and is also entitled to post them as long as they are following the terms and rules.
This I fully agree with. I also believe I am allowed to disagree with someone and allow them to discuss their viewpoints with me so I can understand them better despite my disagreement. I want to know where they're coming from. I also think that giving your own opposing viewpoints is equally valid. Is giving a diverse set of opinions wrong, even if they're in opposition to someone? I don't think so. As long as you're open to discussion I think it's perfectly fine. It's hard to be like that all the time though, and I know damn well I'm being hypocritical since all you need to do is look at my previous post to be able to see that I'm not being 100% kind. In fairness to myself it can be difficult to portray 100% respect through text when disagreeing with someone, but I know I could've done better. I merely ask for an understanding of FC's views, since I am having difficulty relating to them myself, hence why I tried, albeit not in a bad way to open an avenue to do so. This was the one time I decided to participate after not having done so for a long time. I guess from now on I will opt not to give a contrarian perspective, no matter how much I think contrarian views are helpful. Perhaps, it's just a philosophy I hold that others do not. In which case, fair enough.

Reactions: Enigma the orange
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
You know, you could all just like ignore FuneralCry like adults. Like there is a feature on this site that allows you to not see posts or comments from other users.

Yes, sometimes FC's posts can get tedious. Or even annoying at times because of how repetitive they can be.

What's more annoying though is that y'all can't seem to help yourselves from responding to them, and the hypocrisy of dogpiling on them when they do post. They have just as much right to post here, as long as they follow the site rules.

You don't have to like what they posts, and I don't think FC ever has sought out responses. But people seem to be compelled to actively take out their frustrations out on this user in their threads, instead of doing the mature thing and just clicking the little ignore button that this site provides.

Also this behavior from you guys kind of proves their point about this place becoming less of a saf space for people.

To a casual browser of this forum the above post would appear rational and absolutely correct, and l too would broadly agree were it not for the fact that one individual poster has, for a period of approximately two years, insisted on their own perspective being an absolute truth to the point where anyone not sharing this extreme and somewhat immature view is an enemy of the site who must be shunned, a troll, not actually suicidal, a bully etc, and this has been done so routinely and with moderation policies weighted so heavily in their favour to the point where a number of mature, insightful forum members have departed the site, much to the enjoyment of the op - we're now at the point where the op will not cease calling the shots as to who is in and who is not welcome here until the entire forum is designed around her individual needs and can be used as her personal blog. It has continued in this way for so long that the site has suffered for it. Yes her posts can be ignored but there is more to it than that imo.

• Love
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, LifeIsCrazyNemb, Pluto and 8 others
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Isn't expressing pro-life views even without trying to stop people from CTBing not allowed? Genuinely curious.
Even if it's not, there's still a huge hypocrisy from FuneralCry, because this forum never meant to be pro-death, there's even a relatively big recovery section.
How does believing recovery is better than CTB in most of the cases make you a so disguising pro-lifer? And even if it does, is it worse than being active pro-death on pro-choice forum?

It's hard to express pro death views without indirectly inciting people to commit the act. I mean honestly, if you constantly preach that death is better than life and that life is pointless, how many people will just tip over the edge from that? You aren't directly inciting anyone but that rhetoric can definitely affect someone
Well, I don't run the place, so I can't properly answer. I was talking about what I've seen. If I had to guess, pro-death views are allowed because how uncommon they are and how suffering can push you to hold them, while pro-life views don't really need any space? I'm just guessing here, not trying to defend it. :P

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023

Touché. I can't even blame FC for her threads getting turned into a mess as she didn't even intentionally cause it. She's just venting about her own thoughts which she thinks is the absolute truth and people find it so controversial to where they reply to it and argue with themselves or say something rude about FC. Not to mention that I'm noticing that it's the same people who reply to these threads with something hateful. I think that, in other circumstances, they're good users but, in this case, they just add fuel to the fire and for no reason as FC doesn't care about criticism at all

Also, the people tend to say that FC encourages suicide due to her views on death and recovery but, then again, these same people are adamant to claim that people kill themselves because of their own circumstances rather than being on the site (whenever the media claimed that people kill themselves here because of this site). Shouldn't the same logic apply to FC as well? I doubt that anybody here wants to kill themselves because of her

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
To a casual browser of this forum the above post would appear rational and absolutely correct, and l too would broadly agree were it not for the fact that one individual poster has, for a period of approximately two years, insisted on their own perspective being an absolute truth to the point where anyone not sharing this extreme and somewhat immature view is an enemy of the site who must be shunned, a troll, not actually suicidal, a bully etc, and this has been done so routinely and with moderation policies weighted so heavily in their favour to the point where a number of mature, insightful forum members have departed the site, much to the enjoyment of the op - we're now at the point where the op will not cease calling the shots as to who is in and who is not welcome here until the entire forum is designed around her individual needs and can be used as her personal blog. It has continued in this way for so long that the site has suffered for it. Yes her posts can be ignored but there is more to it than that imo.

I would agree with you in regard to their heavy criticism of the site or other users, as I don't think venting should about that. It should be about your frustrations with, and possibly even dislike, of life.

However, I find people's anger with their pro-mortalist views to be quite hypocritical. Are these same posters over on the recovery section bitching about people who promote the virtues of being alive? Careful now, you might convince an undecided person to stick around and give life a chance with all that life positivity… 😂

How very consistent of these people…

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I would agree with you in regard to their heavy criticism of the site or other users, as I don't think venting should about that. It should be about your frustrations with, and possibly even dislike, of life.

However, I find people's anger with their pro-mortalist views to be quite hypocritical. Are these same posters over on the recovery section bitching about people who promote the virtues of being alive? Careful now, you might convince an undecided person to stick around and give life a chance with all that life positivity… 😂

How very consistent of these people…
If we're discussing consistency this has been addressed nearly two years ago in the below post - might be worth also clicking the post quoted within and seeing where it takes you.

I don't think anyone is doing these things, imo the criticism made of the contents of the OP is entirely valid, it's a position regularly stated and the enthusiasm for pointing at pretty much everything and calling it "pro life" and stating that not being suicidal is inherently delusional is an unserious position, it's not couched in any reality. The OP regularly draws lines between who is in and who is out of the club on this forum based on their own criteria and it's correct that this is pushed back against, the fact that we all experience suicidal impulse does not mean we share the same (often inane) philosophies.

I would also be more inclined to take this recurring theme a smidgen more seriously if it was a position the OP held consistently, the below post literally defends an actual *pro-life troll* and encourages their thread listing positive things about being alive, something which should normally fit their criteria for expulsion, so it's reasonable enough that threads claiming not being suicidal is delusional and this forum is rife with pro lifers are not going to get universal agreement, primarily because it's just froth and something even the op will veer from when it's considered advantageous.
In fact, I'll just link it here for your ease
Just ignore the trolls on here. Unfortunately sometimes there are people like that on here. There is nothing wrong with your thread and it is a good idea for the recovery section. You are doing great trying to help people. I hope that you are able to enjoy the things you listed.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Pretty sure if anyone posts how amazing life is and how bad dying is they will almost instantly get banned. Even without directly encouraging people not to CTB.
ive seen the mods do this. i cant remember specifics but im fairly confident i saw a heavy prolife thread (in the recovery section!) a little while back and the person got banned. i think that was before the whole "why arent we allowing prolife views" though, so i dont think its as bad as it use to be, but still extremely hypocritical

Reactions: W3akCr3atur3
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
My ideal world has literal futurama suicide booths. Zero restrictions on age, mental state, anything. Instant peaceful and painless exit available 24/7.

It is better a person end their life as a sudden momentary decision they would have regretted than a chronically ill person be sentenced to years of suffering because they dont fulfill some arbitrary criteria made by healthy people.

My policy is the same as the ideal goal of the justice system - many guilty to be free rather than an innocent suffer.

These are my values, considered extreme by many here. I dont view this as pro-death but as pro-freedom. Self determination without the ultimate freedom to stop living is nothing but an illussion.

• Love
Reactions: Proteus, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
I think we should consider banning people who make repetitive threads. This is the same shit over and over from @FuneralCry

It's a perfectly safe space. All opinions are allowed, I think you're just an incredibly sensitive person who cannot handle any opinion different from her own.

Pro-life DOES NOT = Anti-Suicide. And even if some people are anti-suicide, allowing their opinions to be expressed on here is fair enough.

If someone is that sure they want to CTB, people having negative opinions on what they're doing wont stop them.

If you cannot make your mind up in the face of adversity then that's your lack of decisiveness.

"Safe spaces" should be nothing more than freedom to express your opinion, not "lets make everyone exempt from all criticism".

There are plenty of people here that support people's rights to CTB, there are plenty of people here that are GOING to ctb.

Why is that not enough? Do you need everyone to have nothing but an opinion similar to yours before you're comfortable?

Reactions: sisyphus_, sserafim, betternever2havbeen and 5 others
d3ad

d3ad

Mar 15, 2023
It seems like you are going through a lot FC. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. 🫂

The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
It seems like you are going through a lot FC. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. 🫂
She makes the exact same post several times over to get attention and sympathy and whenever she faces any criticism she just says this place is not a safe space anymore.

She cannot handle the fact that people are getting bored and tired with seeing the same crap over and over, and also complaining about the state of the board being "too pro life" because some people have opinions different from hers.

I fail to see how it's a pro-life board when you literally have posts from people saying they're gonna kill themselves, asking for resources on how to do it, and talking about their miserable lives and most people respond sympathetically.

I really really do think she's here just to get a reaction from other people. She's posted, by far, more posts on this forum than anyone else and they're almost always the same thing.

She's just attention seeking and making repetitive posts should be a punishable offence.

Reactions: Null Hypothesis, sserafim, betternever2havbeen and 6 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019

If she dislikes replies she could just stop posting. If she dislikes this place she can always leave, like I did once when you said you are fine with men being eradicated from earth and some people here found it acceptable.

I am not trying to start anything again, I am just saying that logic can go the other way too. And you can't demand this place to be a safe place just for yourself while completely ignoring everyone else and how they feel.

I also thought like you before, and I said just ignore her, but I think that doesn't work anymore especially when fc is criticizing this place as a whole. At least she can take criticism back if nothing else.

Reactions: sserafim, betternever2havbeen, DreamEnd and 2 others
silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
No one fully knows what another member of this forum is going through. We all face different difficulties in life, work, mental health etc.
Ignore and move on if it triggers you...it's that simple.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, pole and vak
Sylveon

Sylveon

Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
If she dislikes replies she could just stop posting. If she dislikes this place she can always leave, like I did once when you said you are fine with men being eradicated from earth and some people here found it acceptable.

I am not trying to start anything again, I am just saying that logic can go the other way too. And you can't demand this place to be a safe place just for yourself while completely ignoring everyone else and how they feel.

I also thought like you before, and I said just ignore her, but I think that doesn't work anymore especially when fc is criticizing this place as a whole. At least she can take criticism back if nothing else.
I agree. I've seen many posts in which she has indirectly called out people for not being "suicidal enough" to use this website or that "x type of posts" should not be on this forum. You cannot go about complaining that this forum is not a safe space while you do the exact same thing you criticise other people for. Maybe this is just whataboutism, but it needed to be said.

And besides, if you make posts directly calling out the members, you cannot expect them to not reply. And just to clarify, I have no problem with her personally or her philosophies, but it is obvious that there is some problem here.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, UKscotty, DreamEnd and 3 others
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
This place feels like it's declining to me, it became too pro-life rather than a safe space for those who suffer. But sadly this is what happens and I'm not even surprised as we exist in such a cruel, horrible world, it just makes me wish for the peace of non-existence even more. Only ceasing to exist is beautiful to me as existing is nothing but suffering and if you wish to be free from all the suffering you will be made to feel worse for it.

Only death can bring me peace from the pain of existing, if peaceful methods like Nembutal became accessible I'd be so relieved as I don't want to suffer in any way, I only want to eternally cease existing. I only wish for the eternity of death to erase everything, all that's desirable to me is this existence peacefully disappearing into nothingness. Humans are the worst species and are an abomination, so awful how they just create way more suffering, I'd be glad to permanently be free from the curse of existence, everywhere is so pro-life, it's all the
Ohh so u want people to reply - just get a gun or rope shit never getting better, to the ones who have gone through dark times?? Instead of showing empathy ...that's twisted.
I believe you should show empathy and support whatever their wishes are.
I don't think that giving people ideas on methods when they ask for help with that
Is going to send them over the edge or make you culpable for their ctb.

Morte

Morte

Specialist
Nov 23, 2023
I think OP is a chat gpt bot

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
Miku _fanboy101

Miku _fanboy101

Rahhhh
Oct 23, 2023
This place feels like it's declining to me, it became too pro-life rather than a safe space for those who suffer. But sadly this is what happens and I'm not even surprised as we exist in such a cruel, horrible world, it just makes me wish for the peace of non-existence even more. Only ceasing to exist is beautiful to me as existing is nothing but suffering and if you wish to be free from all the suffering you will be made to feel worse for it.

Only death can bring me peace from the pain of existing, if peaceful methods like Nembutal became accessible I'd be so relieved as I don't want to suffer in any way, I only want to eternally cease existing. I only wish for the eternity of death to erase everything, all that's desirable to me is this existence peacefully disappearing into nothingness. Humans are the worst species and are an abomination, so awful how they just create way more suffering, I'd be glad to permanently be free from the curse of existence, everywhere is so pro-life, it's all the same.
Right exactly this, I keep seeing things on how people need a resource or something and there's like people who are try to stop them like the whole point of this place is to just let people talk and share experiences

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Ignore and move on if it triggers you...it's that simple.
its funny that i already have them on ignore so i can only click on the thread if its on the main page or i get a notification.
i dont understand why the ignore button doesnt actually work. ive wonder if its a technical thing they cant get around or something

Reactions: silent.desperation
The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
You're missing the point.

Her opinions are not the problem. It's the spamming element of it that's the problem. It's the constant stream of threads looking for attention that are the issue.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that doesn't mean they should flood the board with the same post 1000 times a day.

• Love
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb, sserafim, betternever2havbeen and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
You don't get to make constant melodramatic threads tearing apart the forum, the community, the mods' performance and so on, get pushback, then ruffle your feathers and say "see, I told you it wasn't a safe place!"

What is permissible by the rules as they currently stand and are interpreted isn't necessarily the proper thing to do....

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, betternever2havbeen, R_N and 5 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I fully agree at this point, many of the comments on this thread are just disgusting and uncalled for. I wish for a permanent end to my suffering as well. So much pain could have been avoided if I never existed in the first place.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Status
Not open for further replies.