• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
People with autism and high IQ are more likely to be depressed and therefore suicidal. Autistic people are usually more suicidal than neurotypicals, and they die at an earlier age (due to suicide). I don't know about normies though

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think IQ is a very arbitrary basket of everything. It used to explain a lot of success. Then people learn to hack IQ tests. Then they modify the definition. It's a cat and mouse game. It depends on what you want to predict using IQ scores. Any one parameter is not going to describe a person very well. For some people, it might be comforting to hear "you are a loser but you have high IQ."

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I have an average or low IQ (estimated) and very high suicidality.
I think, I have a high EQ, though.

"have you ever seen a person with down-syndrome being unhappy?"
They can be very unhappy, yes, I worked with people with trisomy 21 and they are highly underestimated. They can be depressed, too.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I've heard so and it seems logical to me. A friend ones told me: "have you ever seen a person with down-syndrome being unhappy?". It's an interesting thought. Ignorance sure can be blissful.
People with down-syndrome can feel sadness and other negative emotions. The whole "happy down-syndrome" thing is a myth. In fact, they are actually more at risk of suffering from depression.

Also, a study done in the UK looking into certain mental illnesses and health conditions and their connection with IQ actually found that those with a higher than average IQ were less likely to have experienced trauma, general anxiety, PTSD, childhood abuse, social isolation, etc. This study was also made in such a manner as to avoid a lot of the issues typically seen in most studies on IQ and mental illness. While mental illness and prior trauma aren't the only reasons why one might want to ctb, they are very common amongst suicidal people.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I have an average or low IQ (estimated) and very high suicidality.
I think, I have a high EQ, though.

They can be very unhappy, yes, I worked with people with trisomy 21 and they are highly underestimated. They can be depressed, too.
People with down-syndrome can feel sadness and other negative emotions. The whole "happy down-syndrome" thing is a myth. In fact, they are actually more at risk of suffering from depression.

Also, a study done in the UK looking into certain mental illnesses and health conditions and their connection with IQ actually found that those with a higher than average IQ were less likely to have experienced trauma, general anxiety, PTSD, childhood abuse, social isolation, etc. This study was also made in such a manner as to avoid a lot of the issues typically seen in most studies on IQ and mental illness. While mental illness and prior trauma aren't the only reasons why one might want to ctb, they are very common amongst suicidal people.

Do you think that trisomy 21 should be eradicated from the population? Apparently it's visible on genetic screens, and it causes suffering because you guys said that they're "actually more at risk of suffering from depression." Why would someone bring a child into the world knowing it would have Down Syndrome? It doesn't make any sense to me. Do they want their kid to suffer?

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Do you think that trisomy 21 should be eradicated from the population? Apparently it's visible on genetic screens, and it causes suffering because you guys said that they can be unhappy and depressed.
:shy: no of course not. And yes, it is a genetical condition and it can even be diagnosed before the baby is born why many women choose abortion. I don't know what I'd do if I was pregnant with a child with trisomy 21. I don't want a "normal" child and no "handicapped" child. Just no child at all.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Do you think that trisomy 21 should be eradicated from the population? Apparently it's visible on genetic screens, and it causes suffering because you guys said that they can be unhappy and depressed.
I'd imagine that rhetoric like yours is part of why rates of depression are so high amongst those with down-syndrome. There are a lot of people with down syndrome who have average IQs and who want to be treated normally. Talking about them like they are filth that needs to be eradicated from the human gene pool is why you end up having so many of these people feeling like shit.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'd imagine that rhetoric like yours is part of why rates of depression are so high amongst those with down-syndrome. There are a lot of people with down syndrome who have average IQs and who want to be treated normally. Talking about them like they are filth that needs to be eradicated from the human gene pool is why you end up having so many of these people feeling like shit.
Did you see the other part of my comment? I'm just saying what you said yourself. My objective viewpoint is that Down Syndrome results in suffering, and isn't the goal to reduce and alleviate suffering?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Did you see the other part of my comment?
You already went too far by inching your way close to eugenics territory. Even asking questions like that as a hypothetical is wrong and it doesn't help that, if I remember correctly, you've already admitted to being okay with eugenics under another thread. These types of questions aren't productive and they only play into why rates of depression are high among people with down-syndrome.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You already went too far by inching your way close to eugenics territory. Even asking questions like that as a hypothetical is wrong and it doesn't help that, if I remember correctly, you've already admitted to being okay with eugenics under another thread. These types of questions aren't productive and they only play into why rates of depression are high among people with down-syndrome.
It's just a hypothetical, forget I said anything. Sorry if I offended you in some way. It's my bad

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
It's just a hypothetical, forget I said anything. Sorry if I offended you in some way. It's my bad
It's fine, I understand that you likely weren't trying to get me worked up on purpose. I just tend to get a bit sensitive when it comes these sorts of issues, plus my emotions have been slightly intensified after that whole shrooms situation last night.

L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
No. And thinking that people with down syndrome are always happy is not very intelligent indeed. In fact, many people with down syndrome realize their condition and are absolutely not happy. It's not that much empathetic because it's basically saying look at the retards how they are happy not like us smart and depressed.

Depression is one of the most common mental health diagnoses seen in individuals with Down syndrome (McGuire & Chicoine, 2021).

Common symptoms of depression for children and adults with Down syndrome include:

• Extreme social withdrawal
  • Consistently sad and/or agitated mood

Sorry to destroy your coping mechanism

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
No. And thinking that people with down syndrome are always happy is not very intelligent indeed. In fact, many people with down syndrome realize their condition and are absolutely not happy. It's not that much empathetic because it's basically saying look at the retards how they are happy not like us smart and depressed.

Depression is one of the most common mental health diagnoses seen in individuals with Down syndrome (McGuire & Chicoine, 2021).

Common symptoms of depression for children and adults with Down syndrome include:

• Extreme social withdrawal
  • Consistently sad and/or agitated mood

Sorry to destroy your coping mechanism
No need to get all offended. The average person with down syndrome have an IQ of 60. Surely you are not going to be kept up at night by a various of existential crisis theories. That's not an insult but a fact. Can they be depressed anyway? Well, possibly. I'm not an expert on the subject and that's why I asked.

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
People with autism and high IQ are more likely to be depressed and therefore suicidal. Autistic people are usually more suicidal than neurotypicals, and they die at an earlier age (due to suicide). I don't know about normies though
I posted this I think last week in one of the threads about autism. That's why I did an IQ test just to prove it lol - that's how bad it is. Had to data analyse my IQ to quantify with depression. So messed up it's comical.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I think IQ is a very arbitrary basket of everything. It used to explain a lot of success. Then people learn to hack IQ tests. Then they modify the definition. It's a cat and mouse game. It depends on what you want to predict using IQ scores. Any one parameter is not going to describe a person very well. For some people, it might be comforting to hear "you are a loser but you have high IQ."
You need to take a Mensa test ideally. Reason being is that the data is collected and correlated plus the tests are not posted online and are changed. I did the home test and couldn't find any of it online not even the questions. Questions were pattern recognition (shapes), word association and numerical questions. Scored 131 (which for Mensa is classed as the top 2%) this was last year when I was super depressed, has the worst diet due to it, affected my brain (due to the malnutrition and lack of neurone firings). So it's probably higher but the reason for it was due to the autism and high Iq = depression. I doubt many people request one for that exact reason.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Probably not. I think some suicidal people are smart but, in my case, I'm stupid as hell

Reactions: divinemistress36
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
No need to get all offended. The average person with down syndrome have an IQ of 60. Surely you are not going to be kept up at night by a various of existential crisis theories. That's not an insult but a fact. Can they be depressed anyway? Well possible. I'm not an expert on the subject and that's why I asked.
It's all percentages at the end of the day. IQ of 60 just means that chances of things like self awareness are extremely low. Self awareness is a huge contender for depression and just feeling like you are in a constant void.

It's pretty similar to how most people think "oh having a high IQ means life will easy as you can solve all the problems". When problems are linked to people and they have the power you hit a brick wall.
It's fine, I understand that you likely weren't trying to get me worked up on purpose. I just tend to get a bit sensitive when it comes these sorts of issues, plus my emotions have been slightly intensified after that whole shrooms situation last night.
I think sserafim may be coming from something I experience. I'm going to say don't take this the wrong way before I explain it. I think I've been masking for 2 and half decades. What it's done is mixed up my brain and only recently has it gone into overdrive where people have been telling me they aren't happy but are smiling all the time. Even my parents say "come on let's see a smile" it's so moronic and nonsensical but that's how my brain views things. So when I was young and in Italy there was a girl called Ilaria and she had Down syndrome. At that age I still didn't really like people and do things myself but I would make a stone castle (beach had stones not sand) and she would watch and copy. From my photo graphic memory she was always smiling or had the creases just above the top lips which to me was "happy". At my age now - 35 I know this isn't the case at all but just faces in general and what the are doing are so conflicting (to me anyways). A lot of people have been saying "oh but you looked happy" when I was heavily masking and heavily depressed.

Just a take on things. I don't know. I'm fucked up anyway.

Last edited:
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I don't know if scientifically it is related, all I know is my experience. I don't have super high IQ, just above average, and I've felt isolated all my life due to being very different from others.

My sister spent several years of our lives complaining about my intelligence and saying she lived in my shadow. My boyfriend felt minimised by my intelligence in university. For several years I felt bad for being intelligent and felt that that affected the people around me. I always feel very different from other people and that continues to this day and is the main reason for why I wanted to ctb. Isolation haunts me.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I don't know if scientifically it is related, all I know is my experience. I don't have super high IQ, just above average, and I've felt isolated all my life due to being very different from others.

My sister spent several years of our lives complaining about my intelligence and saying she lived in my shadow. My boyfriend felt minimised by my intelligence in university. For several years I felt bad for being intelligent and felt that that affected the people around me. I always feel very different from other people and that continues to this day and is the main reason for why I wanted to ctb. Isolation haunts me.
The problem with above average IQ in society today is that you'll most likely tend to question things. Even when I got forced to go to church (even though my background is mixed - part Jewish as well ironically). I said - why are we going to a place with multiple people a saying the same phrases and nonsensical songs over and over again and drinking wine from a chalice that everyone else is drinking from. I was 9/10 years old.

You get older and then you realise that if church was bad everything is about to get WAY WORSE. School prepping you for work slavery. Here's a nice definition of it:

It is not a commonly known fact that the education system used in most of the world today is based upon a Prussianpublic education system, usually referred to as the Prussian Model, introduced in the early 1800s for producing obedient soldiers (Prussia was a former state of current day Germany).

BUT you still have to take part! You don't like those subjects? TOO BAD - you have to do them. Not good at them? YOUR FAULT. You don't study enough, you are lazy, etc etc.

I'm not going to explain people in companies or even running my own business because they are all the same.

Worst part? You can't escape. Even when you try (I moved country just to get a "normal" job) so I could be near the animal sanctuary. NOPE. No connections so no jobs. Doesn't matter on my IQ or Spanish or anything.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Like everything else in life, intelligence determines what is best to do in life and death is a part of life. But the great mass of people are very stupid and therefore we find ourselves in this situation - without the right to euthanasia in our homeland.