TheEndIsNigh31

Madness is like gravity all you need is a lil push
Jul 13, 2020
It was a really expensive taxi aswell as they took me a hour away lol

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Shit I think telling someone about CTB is not a very good idea. They can tell your family and they will call the cops or an ambulance. I discuss suicide with my friend without details but I will not tell him when I am doing it

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I don't think it's a good idea to tell people. The fact is pro-choice is very controversial and most normal people who love you will be very upset to hear that you "want to leave them." Of course we know that it's a fully selfish decision (in that we rarely choose to ctb in order to blame, hurt or take revenge on those who love us) but other people may interpret it as "message" to them. They feel guilty and helpless, which sucks because they love you and they may feel at fault if you ctb and they know they could've done something for you. Grief can be very deep and often involves feelings like that. Blame, helplessness, regret, revenge, etc... It's normal for people not to understand. After all, there's plenty of people who don't support euthanasia for terminal illness.

If I ever tell someone, it'd only be my mental health provider. Though they are required to lie to you and most will not tell you that you may be struggling with mental illness forever. They tell you the opposite in spite of the fact that it's pretty well-accepted that most mental illnesses are chronic and may progressively worsen.

I think in general it's just super taboo to understand ctb and be pro-choice. We all have that survival instinct against all logic and rationality, even for each other.

Reactions: TAW122
Nomolos92

Nomolos92

Jan 1, 2020
I wish I could tell my husband and family about my plan, I know first hand how traumatic and devastating a surprise loss to suicide is but because I know they'd try and stop me I'm forced to lie and arrange my plan in secret.

• Hugs
Reactions: TAW122
TheEndIsNigh31

TheEndIsNigh31

Madness is like gravity all you need is a lil push
Jul 13, 2020
I don't plan on telling anyone when just preparing them mentally for what will not if will happen

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I disagree but that's obviously why I started this chat.

I understand your frustration and worries about it but my 2 friends know its what i want. No they are not happy about it but understand at least.
I'm glad that both of your friends understand your wanting to CTB and that's good, but have you ever considered the concern that they may try to 'intervene' and prevent you from going through with your plans? I had an close call with my father probing me earlier this year and even then I feel very vulnerable and uneasy, knowing how easy it is for someone (or anyone) to jeopardize my plans and/or attempt, thus ruining everything that has lead up to it.