• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I don't like romantic love. Every time I've been in a romantic relationship, it messes me up long-term. Having someone live with you and get so comfortable with you after 2 years that they eventually tell you everything you do is wrong and their way is the right way is aggravating. If I want to be told what to do, I can get more hours at work, thanks.
Your heart flutters around them, the dates are fun, the sex is exciting. For a bit.

You're now comfortable around each other.

Your first argument. It can be salvaged, though. Miscommunication will happen and you both acknowledge this.
Eventually, his hygiene becomes subpar and she gets a little.. shouty. Cheating.
Anger. Betrayal.
You overlook it. You've already been together "this long", why waste it? You argue with that statement for the next 14 goddamn years and soon you're just existing in the same space.
There's no love anymore. She makes you a meal out of habit and you bring the paycheck to feed the young mistake that binds you to her for the next 11 remaining years of its dependence.
You finally divorce out of pure desperation and numbness.. and probably blueballs for the hot milf next door.
You finally pull yourself together after the three-year, post- divorce beer-binge and depression. You connect with your friends again. You remember that you actually love Stevie Wonder and NASCAR, both of which she disapproved at the beginning.
You decide that you're free. You've found yourself. You're composed enough to talk to the hot milf next door.

You get butterflies.
The dates are fun and the sex is exciting.

And so it goes.

TLDR. No.

Hahaha....that was a nervous laugh by the way, because what you explained happens sooo often and the older I get, the more anecdotal stories I hear like this, and the closer to experiencing it I've become in my own romantic relationships. Just ended one of 2 1/2 years though, and done with them. I'm too old to fall for the marriage trap now, so I don't even see the point of being in a romantic relationship anymore.

I think if it was more normal for people to live with each other before getting married in the 1900s, a lot less people would have gotten married. I remember when my grandmother was alive, she said she wouldn't have married her first husband and had 2 kids with him if she lived with him before getting married.

I have a few family members that have been engaged with their SO for 5 years+ and I don't think they actually plan on ever getting married because they probably secretly hate each other by now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, 262653, sunny.sativa and 2 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I believe love exists but none of it unconditional and none of it mine (at least not the romantic kind.)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot and 262653
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
I don't know. The partner I'm with says he loves me but he doesn't show it. He knows I'm suffering and he thinks it's funny and thinks I'm making all my mental health problems up. He's my 1st serious relationship so alot of its new to me. If that's love i don't want it. I'm not sure love is real, well not for me anyways.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not_a_robot and HGL91
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I'm a full believer of love. It's the only thing that can save me and can keep me going. It's the reason I'm still here, waiting and hoping that he will come back one day.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, love is a chemical reaction. So I'd say It's not about whether you believe in it, because it does exist from this point of view, but rather if you accept it and/or are able to experience it.

• Love
Reactions: OnlyMercy, not_a_robot and Painted Bird
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
You finally pull yourself together after the three-year, post- divorce beer-binge and depression. You connect with your friends again. You remember that you actually love Stevie Wonder and NASCAR, both of which she disapproved at the beginning.

how can she disapprove of Stevie Wonder wth, divorce immediately

Reactions: sunny.sativa
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Yes and no to romantic love for me.
I learned to love to laugh.
I learned to love the vast mediums of artistic endeavours.
I learned to love food like i would a god.
I like learning to love simple things and the most special thing i love the most is my god damn amazing 2.5 million years of evolution protetnius mass to create things thag i can appreciate while also truly calling my own.
I dont love myself but I do love the things I do and I can potentiallt love myself through the laborious pursuit of jolly physical sculpting!
I love being fucking edgy weird!

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't believe that love solves anything, it only causes additional problems, at least in my case. It makes you more dependant on others and pretty much enslaves you. There is no freedom within romantic relationship. I was in few long-term relationships and during that period I lost so much time, health, dignity and money, I went through so much nonsense, humiliations and was forced to do things I'd never normally do. Love like being drunk and doing stupid things you regret afterwards.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, 262653 and HGL91

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
What's to believe? It's right there, pushing you towards reproduction and offspring and making sure your offspring lives long enough to reproduce. It's on science to figure out what's that and how it works, but doesn't take substantial research to notice the link between love and promoting life. Just because a carrot tastes good doesn't make it less of a tool, and vice versa, I believe. It sound like a heavy drug, judging by actions and reactions of those who got it or lost it lately. Salvation? Oh, please :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Painted Bird and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
No. The only time I still feel I could love someone is when they are as disgusted with human society as I am, and unfortunately those guys are usually about to ctb. I still love them after they're dead, but I don't think that counts. :aw:
What's to believe? It's right there, pushing you towards reproduction and offspring and making sure your offspring lives long enough to reproduce. It's on science to figure out what's that and how it works, but doesn't take substantial research to notice the link between love and promoting life. Just because a carrot tastes good doesn't make it less of a tool, and vice versa, I believe. It sound like a heavy drug, judging by actions and reactions of those who got it or lost it lately. Salvation? Oh, please :)
See, guys who say shit like this.
.:heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Painted Bird, HGL91 and 262653
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
When I was young, I watched the only one I cares about die slowly and painfully. Since then I cant feel attatched to anyone, and I comprehend all too well other people have their own lives that come or go from yours.

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I complete believe in the power of love and compassion. I just dont feel a lot of love myself.

I

Intelligent_Lobster

I knew taking this picture would come in handy
Mar 30, 2019
So, hey...

I'm just interested if anyone is still trying to find salvation from this last act through love?

You can share your thoughts, or send me PM.

I am believer.

I believe in soulmates. I'm pretty sure I've met mine already.

Unfortunately, I don't have the power to give, or receive love anymore