• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

plain_jane

plain_jane

Jun 8, 2023
just like one person you really wish loved you but doesn't. for context, I'm polyamorous, so I'm actually dating this woman but she doesn't really love me. it's not like I'm just obsessing over someone I don't know anything about. maybe that's just how I'm dividing myself from the people I myself view as pathetic, despite how pathetic I really am. maybe some monogamous people have this experience as well, of your SO not really loving you? it feels terrible. I know there are worse things but this feels like the worst thing, I would do anything to have her love, I would fulfill her every wish faithfully. I just want to be hers.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I used to. Quite a few rounds of limerence for me- obsessive crushes on people. I'm what I expect you would term 'pathetic' or- at least, I was. I can see it all for what it was now though and fortunately, I haven't fallen in that trap recently.

I do understand what you mean by the way. I'm not exactly calling you out for judging some people to be 'pathetic'. I'd like to say though, that it isn't exactly someone's fault for becoming fairytale obsessive like that. They may even realise themselves that it's kind of a foolish and extreme reaction. When you're caught up in it though, it can be hard to see the wood for the trees. Plenty of people will be only too happy to share their opinion but, that doesn't always help. In fact- if they tell you you're being immature or air headed about it, it may only intensify your feelings. No one likes being told their feelings aren't real.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you. I don't think you were really taking the piss out of these 'pathetic' people. Still, a friend of mine used to lightly tease me over stupid stuff I'd done and it did kind of hurt. I think because, on a certain level, we realise it's delussional. Especially if we feel embarassed because we know we have no real chance with them. Still- the feelings are still there none the less and they are terribly intense. Seeing as we are lead to believe that love is terribly intense too- how are we to know the difference?

I believe that limerence is a real phenomenon and it sometimes develops after people have been neglected somewhat in childhood. So, while it probably looks 'pathetic' to the outside world, I'd argue that it's actually more tragic. Kind of why people fall for romance scammers- they're simply desperately in need of love and they project what they need on that person I suppose.

Thankfully for me, it all passed over time. I looked up 'obsessive crush', found the term 'limerence' and have managed to control my crazy obsessive side since. I kind of know it was limerence too because one of the guys I liked I know is dead now and I don't feel very much at all. That would be weird if I had genuinely loved him. But yeah sure- at the time, I would have done almost anything for them to love me back.

I am sorry for your situation though. I have a friend who loves a rather mixed up, unreliable guy. Her friends and family low key hate him for how much he's messed her about and hurt her but I think she still loves him. We can't exactly choose who we fall for.

SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
Yeah, we were each others' firsts and were planning to get married in the foreseeable future etc... I want to be hers and hers only, literally cannot stand the thought of some random dude having the time of his life with her while I got thrown away. The only thing keeping me going is the possibility of her coming back so we can fulfill our old promises.

plain_jane

plain_jane

Jun 8, 2023
I used to. Quite a few rounds of limerence for me- obsessive crushes on people. I'm what I expect you would term 'pathetic' or- at least, I was. I can see it all for what it was now though and fortunately, I haven't fallen in that trap recently.

I do understand what you mean by the way. I'm not exactly calling you out for judging some people to be 'pathetic'. I'd like to say though, that it isn't exactly someone's fault for becoming fairytale obsessive like that. They may even realise themselves that it's kind of a foolish and extreme reaction. When you're caught up in it though, it can be hard to see the wood for the trees. Plenty of people will be only too happy to share their opinion but, that doesn't always help. In fact- if they tell you you're being immature or air headed about it, it may only intensify your feelings. No one likes being told their feelings aren't real.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you. I don't think you were really taking the piss out of these 'pathetic' people. Still, a friend of mine used to lightly tease me over stupid stuff I'd done and it did kind of hurt. I think because, on a certain level, we realise it's delussional. Especially if we feel embarassed because we know we have no real chance with them. Still- the feelings are still there none the less and they are terribly intense. Seeing as we are lead to believe that love is terribly intense too- how are we to know the difference?

I believe that limerence is a real phenomenon and it sometimes develops after people have been neglected somewhat in childhood. So, while it probably looks 'pathetic' to the outside world, I'd argue that it's actually more tragic. Kind of why people fall for romance scammers- they're simply desperately in need of love and they project what they need on that person I suppose.

Thankfully for me, it all passed over time. I looked up 'obsessive crush', found the term 'limerence' and have managed to control my crazy obsessive side since. I kind of know it was limerence too because one of the guys I liked I know is dead now and I don't feel very much at all. That would be weird if I had genuinely loved him. But yeah sure- at the time, I would have done almost anything for them to love me back.

I am sorry for your situation though. I have a friend who loves a rather mixed up, unreliable guy. Her friends and family low key hate him for how much he's messed her about and hurt her but I think she still loves him. We can't exactly choose who we fall for.
You are absolutely correct - I don't mean to pose my judgement as moral, it's rather just a learned reaction, having been on both sides of that equation in the past. Also, in this context, it was mostly just to illustrate my own cynicism. I am sorry for your struggles. My judgements are mostly a cynical way to distinguish myself from others. We all need love. I am not above fairytale fantasies.

logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
me and my past lover, i still hold feelings for her but I think i was/am too much for her, it's probably better that she ends up with someone not as messed up as me, but i guess i never got over what happened and i still wish i could hear her loving words again despite it all, i didn't know how to understand the value of a moment until her, now it's just a memory

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
just like one person you really wish loved you but doesn't. for context, I'm polyamorous, so I'm actually dating this woman but she doesn't really love me. it's not like I'm just obsessing over someone I don't know anything about. maybe that's just how I'm dividing myself from the people I myself view as pathetic, despite how pathetic I really am. maybe some monogamous people have this experience as well, of your SO not really loving you? it feels terrible. I know there are worse things but this feels like the worst thing, I would do anything to have her love, I would fulfill her every wish faithfully. I just want to be hers.
If you are dating someone who doesn't love you, maybe it's time to start dating someone else. If she doesn't love you now it's unlikely that she ever will. (Not impossible. But unlikely.) You will find it hard to split from her, but it might be your best option.

GroundControl

GroundControl

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Feb 3, 2024
Yes, but not romantically. I just wish my mom loved me. If she could just love me, then I think I could stay. But she can't. And I can't either.

• Hugs
Reactions: push and mimi2161
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
No, and it's kind of a good thing, as painful as loneliness can be.

I know I'm gonna ctb soon, and if I met someone that loves me, ctb would be much more difficult.
On top of that, I wouldn't want to traumatise/hurt someone by dying.

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
kindof. wish i meant something to my ex. it wouldn't solve things - maybe would even have made them worse. but... i don't know, at least i wouldn't have to still have this bitter feeling, 2 years after such a... insignificant amount of time spent together. it's just the memory of them, these days - that's the only them i know, despite being in contact. but i wish they would've... idolised me, maybe, the same way i idolised them. i wish they would've found me beautiful enough, would've found me enough to begin with, instead of 'too much' - too clingy, too distant... they're a bad person, they're badbadbad, and i know this, but it's easier for me to treat myself as the problem that needs to be solved instead

BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Nov 16, 2023
My dad. Both my parents, really. Or at least I wish they hadn't both hated and resented me for being the reason they stayed together. I'd have taken indifference to that.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Mage
Oct 28, 2021
Anyone would be nice. I live a very cold existence surrounded by hostile people. No warmth or love. I truly believe I'm unlovable because I'm physically sick and have nothing to offer. My family is vicious.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shrike
A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
I would take just about anyone at this point. Or not even love, but just someone kind of liking me would be nice.

L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Yep, that's one of the benefits of maladaptive daydreaming lol. On a more serious note, in real life though I don't, which is why I prefer to spend time in the made up scenarios in my head. That way at least I can control what goes on.

plain_jane

plain_jane

Jun 8, 2023
kindof. wish i meant something to my ex. it wouldn't solve things - maybe would even have made them worse. but... i don't know, at least i wouldn't have to still have this bitter feeling, 2 years after such a... insignificant amount of time spent together. it's just the memory of them, these days - that's the only them i know, despite being in contact. but i wish they would've... idolised me, maybe, the same way i idolised them. i wish they would've found me beautiful enough, would've found me enough to begin with, instead of 'too much' - too clingy, too distant... they're a bad person, they're badbadbad, and i know this, but it's easier for me to treat myself as the problem that needs to be solved instead
it's so little for me to say, but I am still sorry

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't. I just wish to be dead

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
It's incredibly hard to love. Some would claim to love me... and they believed it was true... but they were aggressively unable to act in a way that I personally valued. Just the sorta 'love' that gives them the nice fuzzies

I've studied love. I believe I understand it & can do it. But it can be shockingly difficult. If I love someone, it can destroy me... or transform me into something more powerful. Depends on their moral, intellectual & (sadly) physical virtues

I'm polyamorous, so I'm actually dating this woman but she doesn't really love me.
Relationships are very distinct from love. You may find yourself breaking up with someone — in order to truly love them! Real relationships typically require you to play goofy games, that are NOTHING like love

Last edited:
turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

it says gullible on the ceiling
Nov 13, 2023
I wish my family would love me for the pathetic excuse of a being that I am, but instead they only love the social status I give them.

cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
I did. It started July 2022, when my closest friend abandoned me.

After exactly a year of my life being in pieces, in July 2023, I found someone who loves me more than anyone else ever has.

Considering the abandonment is what made me think of CTB for the first time in my life, I am doing relatively ok. It was a traumatic experience. It becomes easier when you are over the person. The scars are still there nonetheless. Not sure if they'll ever go away.

I wish everyone here luck.

C

Chastity

Aug 8, 2023
Yes I wish a friend would love me platonically