• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I live in the northern hemisphere where it is currently spring and the sunniest month of the year. Since we in my country have a long gray dark winter, spring and summer are coveted seasons and when it is bright and sunny, everyone seems to active and happy... except me. When it's sunny it just further evokes memories of happy times when I was not depressed and alone. And knowing that those times are over, I have no use for sunny weather and happy moods around me.

There is such a thing as Seasonally Affective Disorder, but it is mainly about winter and fall. I feel the opposite: I get MORE depressed in the sunny season.

Does anyone else experience this?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'd be easier depressed in a gray and cold winter climate with hardly any sun. I think you get more depressed bc deep inside you would like to enjoy sun, the nice weather and all that together with others. But you're depressed and alone - loneliness can cause depression. What caused your depression. Do you have treatment?

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I feel like currently for me, it doesn't matter the weather I'm usually inside anyways and when I do go out it's already close to dark. But I guess it depends but it can vary like some days I can appreciate the rain and clouds over the sun and warmth so I guess I'm unsure? Sorry I couldn't come up with an actual answer lol but I did like your question a lot :)

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I'd be easier depressed in a gray and cold winter climate with hardly any sun. I think you get more depressed bc deep inside you would like to enjoy sun, the nice weather and all that together with others. But you're depressed and alone - loneliness can cause depression. What caused your depression. Do you have treatment?
I've always felt inadequate and inferior to other people since age 12, and was lonely due to social anxiety. Then I had a wife for 8 years which at least toned down the depression a lot, but she has left me, so now the depression part has just increased into suicidality. I got anti-depressives but it doesn't really work, and I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow for the first time which I doubt will work but I have to try it at least before ctb.
I feel like currently for me, it doesn't matter the weather I'm usually inside anyways and when I do go out it's already close to dark. But I guess it depends but it can vary like some days I can appreciate the rain and clouds over the sun and warmth so I guess I'm unsure? Sorry I couldn't come up with an actual answer lol but I did like your question a lot :)
No problem. In a few months here in my location it will barely even get dark. It's very high up north. This is unfortunate for me because I love nights.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sort of, though it's not because of the sun itself, more just the increased appearance rate of bugs, seasonal allergies, and a nice day meaning more people are outside being happy that makes me more miserable.

alexlynn74

alexlynn74

Mar 20, 2024
I live in the northern hemisphere where it is currently spring and the sunniest month of the year. Since we in my country have a long gray dark winter, spring and summer are coveted seasons and when it is bright and sunny, everyone seems to active and happy... except me. When it's sunny it just further evokes memories of happy times when I was not depressed and alone. And knowing that those times are over, I have no use for sunny weather and happy moods around me.

There is such a thing as Seasonally Affective Disorder, but it is mainly about winter and fall. I feel the opposite: I get MORE depressed in the sunny season.

Does anyone else experience this?
Yes omg thank you for mention! I have it too and it's Opposite Seasonal Affective Disorder

eaturdirt

eaturdirt

Lonely girl
Apr 14, 2024
I have this too! I especially dislike it when people point it out or say that I should be happy and go outside because it's sunny. I even have this with normal daylight though, I prefer a dimly lit room over anything.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Not really, I feel the same regardless

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
The spring time / early summer is when most suicides happen, so I guess so.

I find it difficult because people being out having fun provides an unwelcome contrast to my isolation. I desperately want to be getting out and enjoying myself with people.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
Today it is grey and rainy here. Everyone is grumpy and I love it, haha.

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
The weather doesn't influence my mood very much. My mom was hoping for that but no... Same dark depression

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
I always feel the worst in July and August. The sun itself makes me irratable and just puts me in a foul mood for about 2 months straight. The heat makes me feel lethargic and I find it even harder to summon the energy to do anything at all. I hate having to choose between suffering under layered clothing or wearing weather appropriate clothes that don't hide my repulsive physique.

The worst thing about summer is how everyone else seems to enjoy it and there's an expectation that you enjoy it too. If you're not having a good time, people think there's something wrong with you. I hate christmas for the same reason (among others).

Relevant song

Reactions: sserafim
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Yes it's called summer SAD. The constant bright light and unreal heat is so oppressive. Just being in it makes me feel completely overwhelmed. Summer groans on indefinitely, it's the longest season I swear.

And the hotter it gets the more people want to go out for some reason? We've had weeks where it was 90-100 degrees and every major intersection was gridlocked when I just needed to get basic survival items like groceries. I absolutely don't get it or what about 95 degrees makes people want to go outside. I'll adjust my schedule as much as possible to avoid being out and away from crowds but it's not always possible.

Last edited:
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
I guess it's quite normal... Another annoying would be going to a store to shop where you can't find your product, and you would have to leave while some happy music is playing on the background.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yes it's called summer SAD. The constant bright light and unreal heat is so oppressive. Just being in it makes me feel completely overwhelmed. Summer groans on indefinitely, it's the longest season I swear.

And the hotter it gets the more people want to go out for some reason? We've had weeks where it was 90-100 degrees and every major intersection was gridlocked when I just needed to get basic survival items like groceries. I absolutely don't get it or what about 95 degrees makes people want to go outside. I'll adjust my schedule as much as possible to avoid being out and away from crowds but it's not always possible.
I also hate the summer and the heat. I just hate the sun and sunlight in general. I don't know why most people love it. I went to Riyadh last summer and I was literally dying. It was so hot and dry. It was 100°. At least it wasn't humid though. Hot and humid is the *worst*

Last edited:
Reactions: thenamingofcats
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i'm more annoyed by the fact that when it's sunny there is always trillion of ppl outside and half of them are annoying fucking screaming children

Reactions: sserafim
wiinterfrost

wiinterfrost

it only gets worse..
Oct 8, 2023
nah it's not just you.
i am much more cold resistant than heat resistant. i hate the heat. it is oppressive and makes me feel like there is no escape.
plus i am very light sensitive so the sun is blegh and more light means extra blegh. plus people seem to be more selfish in summer idk why.

M

mars_b4rz

Mar 2, 2023
I know what you mean. Part of me suspects that it's because if it's rainy and depressing outside then It's a justified excuse to be inside and alone. Like your not missing out on anything. But when it's bright and sunny it just feels... wrong to spend all that time alone, shrouded by darkness?

That being said, I'm from Australia so you can only imagine what it's like lol

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
i'm more annoyed by the fact that when it's sunny there is always trillion of ppl outside and half of them are annoying fucking screaming children
The only people I tolerate seeing happy, active and loud are children. In fact I pity them, they have no idea what's in store for them in this crap life and world the older they get.
I guess it's quite normal... Another annoying would be going to a store to shop where you can't find your product, and you would have to leave while some happy music is playing on the background.
Oh yeah, I feel that too except with sad and romantic music. It triggers my depression.
"I know what you mean. Part of me suspects that it's because if it's rainy and depressing outside then It's a justified excuse to be inside and alone. Like your not missing out on anything."

Yeah, this was drilled into me as a kid, when my dad, who loves the outdoors, always told me to go outside and "enjoy" the (sunny) weather, even though I had much more enjoyment inside with TV and video games (we had just gotten our first computer when I was 10). What would I do outside alone? Just sit? In fact, my dad's version of "enjoyment" outdoors was fucking WORKING in the garden, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DefinitelyReady