Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
I feel the exact same way, and it's probably one of the driving forces for why I feel so low all the time. I like connection, I enjoy being happy with other people, I love when you're with people you feel you can be your 100% unfiltered self around… the trouble is I can't make those connections.

I hate small talk. Nobody actually wants to talk about the weather or the news with strangers, right? So I opt for silence. But in doing that, the strangers remain strangers. It's this whole social dance thing in our society, the way you have to go about interacting with people. You have to follow the script or you're marked as weird. I wish we could do away with the script. I'd so much prefer a stranger to come up to me and be like "okay thoughts on the universe and where we fit in- go!"

• Love
Reactions: deadwinter and NumbItAll
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I feel like I can't form a meaningful connection with others.

Socializing is exhausting. I can never find the right words to say. I can't hold a conversation no matter how hard I try, and it always ends in awkward silence.

I feel so isolated from everyone else. I can't truly be myself around others because I know they would find me even more weird and off-putting. I just feel so alone.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Yeah I totally feel that way as well and some people just don't see how hard some of us have to try and work at this just to fail. It really is easier for some and harder for other with factors that are both in and out of our control and it's usually the ones out of our control that usually have one of the biggest impacts on our success which is just bullshit.

It's hard for us to make and maintain connections, but it's impossible to live without connections.
That's the insolvable paradox and is an important factor that takes me to ctb.
Ditto

• Love
Reactions: deadwinter