optimumorange

optimumorange

Oct 9, 2018
all throughout my life i tried to find happiness through women and it never worked and at this point i feel like i'd be happier by myself and islolation often comforts me

Reactions: fade_away, Nihilist, lv-gras and 7 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Genetics do play a factor in all this so maybe I am.

Reactions: Nihilist, AgingLoser, Dartz and 1 other person
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Only once I found true companionship. But I blew it. I'm an awful person.

Reactions: lv-gras, throwaway777, Jai and 4 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
The only person I need to survive is me.

I'm happier alone. I enjoy the comfort of others, but ultimately I prefer to either be alone or have a partner who I have good chemistry with. It's either me or us (two) against the world.

Reactions: Empty Smile, lv-gras, NoOneKnows and 3 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
I would say "destined".

Reactions: lv-gras, throwaway777, ignominia and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
No, I probably need therapy but I don't think I was destined to be a loner. I just sabotaged my early years so badly that it's how I ended up alone.

Reactions: lv-gras and Ashpac
ignominia

ignominia

O Rose thou art sick.
Oct 6, 2018
Literature makes me feel less alone, with certain authors i identify and that is the only way wich i feel accompanied and understood.
However IRL i never have meet someone with whom i really feel a "conexion", so maybe yes, i condemned to be alone.

Reactions: lv-gras, throwaway777, NoOneKnows and 3 others
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
Yup I've felt that most of my life

Reactions: Aesthler, lv-gras, throwaway777 and 1 other person
Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
Yes.

Reactions: lv-gras and throwaway777
Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
Only theoretical Physics makes me feel not alone.

Reactions: lv-gras
A

AnonJ

Oct 22, 2018
I'm actually in a happy, healthy, long-term relationship with a girl who is basically the only reason I haven't done it yet, because the guilt of hurting her like that would be more painful than continuing on. I have an innate and incurable mental health disorder due to a rather severe head injury that I suffered when I was younger that makes me suicidally depressed for random stretches of time for seemingly no reason and then all of the sudden I'll be right as rain for a couple weeks, but the times that I'm depressed I can't study, I can't work, I can barely move and all I can do is think about killing myself and cry. When I feel like that, even though logically I know that I'm not alone, I certainly still feel like I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101 and lv-gras
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I feel this way and it is only proven true in my last decade. I am in my late 20's and I have never had as much as a girlfriend in my life. People wouldn't believe me IRL when I tell them that (sadly, because to most people, it comes easy for them or they take it for granted). However, I had some acquaintances but never really any real "friends" just people who act like they are my friends though they never call me, check up on me, initiate contact, or invite me to hangout or do activities with. I'm rather very, very lonely. Sometimes, I feel at peace being alone and not being bothered by people but other times, I feel this kind of emptiness and dread of how lonely I am (not just on the holidays but on weekends and weeknights as well).

At any rate, I suppose this does make it easier to ctb, as long as I discreetly get my method and go into a secluded place and just do it.

Reactions: lv-gras, Daystavro, Singing In The Rain and 1 other person
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
I prefer being alone now at 31. In my 20's it bothered me. Seeing my friends doing the things i should of.
Ive accepted it.
Every time im on my own i get smarter, i study something or watch documentaries, anything really just to gain more knowledge.
I find when im with people now I lose brain cells because of how ignorant they are to the world.
Youtube, Netflix, Football and Music really help me out when im alone so im fine with it now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, lv-gras, Даун and 1 other person
Tara2018

Tara2018

Oct 17, 2018
Totally.

Reactions: Dead Meat, lv-gras, throwaway777 and 3 others
Suiplastic

Suiplastic

Oct 15, 2018
Yes.

Reactions: Dead Meat, lv-gras and throwaway777
M

Michael

Oct 29, 2018
Definitely there are too many fake (machine people) about.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Dead Meat, lv-gras and 2 others
M

Michael

Oct 29, 2018
But your pretty girl? Guess looks aren't everything huh
Looks have nothing to do anything in my opinion mate. Without sounding like i have a big ego which i haven't. I consider myself as a good looking lad but it still doesn't stop the fact i want to ctb very soon. Just a thought mate

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Throwaway563078, lv-gras and 2 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
According to Tony Attwood, the only real cure for this curse is solitude.

Reactions: lv-gras and Michael
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Literature makes me feel less alone, with certain authors i identify and that is the only way wich i feel accompanied and understood.
However IRL i never have meet someone with whom i really feel a "conexion", so maybe yes, i condemned to be alone.

Yes, literature makes me feel like this. With long-running series, I even feel like I have a social circle. Real people are much harder to relate to...

Reactions: lv-gras, throwaway777 and ignominia
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I've tried a few relationships and discovered I'm happier single.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Schopenhauer, lv-gras and 4 others
ignominia

ignominia

O Rose thou art sick.
Oct 6, 2018
With long-running series, I even feel like I have a social circle

I know, i sometimes get so enagaged that even i dream about what i'm currently reading. That's why i love long novels, when i finish them i get even more depressed because what made me feel in company it's now over, and the cycle is repeat...

Reactions: lv-gras, throwaway777, Throwaway563078 and 2 others
A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
Yes.
I've been married twice. I've had relationships, long term and short term. I've had one night stands. Sooner or later they all go bust. I know healthy relationships exist. I have 3 older brothers all in healthy long term marriages. They don't exist for me. I now know that the problem is me. I am broken on some fundamental level. I am a low value male. Low value men like myself have no business attempting relationships. I certainly have no business reproducing. The worst thing a low value male can do is perpetuate his genes.

I tried of course. Partly because I bought into the Hollywood ending nonsense that there is someone for everyone and partly because we are all genetically programmed to spread our genes.

Reactions: Schopenhauer, lv-gras, Throwaway563078 and 2 others
T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
Yes. I'm way too broken to be wanted
Reading or certain songs I can relate to make me feel less alone temporarily.

Reactions: Michael, lv-gras, throwaway777 and 1 other person