Sep 13, 2020
well our perception is very limited. we cant know

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, Deleted member 4993 and 262653
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe the purpose of life is to make us appreciate death and no longer existing when it finally comes. To me death is an reward for all the pain we have to go through in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Lightflicker, Silvermorning and 3 others
S

Sir_nihilist

Sep 26, 2020
Wrong place for this question lol

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and 262653
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
No I can't see any point in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Death is beautiful, Hopeindeath!, Pikachugrenade and 1 other person
Pikachugrenade

Pikachugrenade

Sep 30, 2020
Nope. I'm ready to give it all up

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and Deleted member 4993
LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
There is no point in living. This world has become so normalized to humanities horrors that nothing is shocking, nothing makes us feel anymore. We are a society of emotionally dead beings waiting to torture the next poor soul we find to make us feel adequate in some irrational way. We are heartless, "soulless", hate filled creatures that don't deserve this world. Life has no meaning, there is no point anymore. We don't deserve to continue being the destructive empty assholes we've become. For those of us who dare feel or care, we are too "emotional." We are too "soft" and need to strengthen or armor. This armor society wears is just a mask and I'd rather feel overwhelmed emotions that help me to escape the void that is our world. I'd rather care and go out knowing I felt more in a world I hated then most of societies robots.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Lightflicker, consilium and 5 others
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
The purpose of life is to earn and make money to take care of your family.. And then die one day.. The grass is greener on the other side.. If you are alone, you will miss the family bonding.. If you have a family, then you sacrifice your life to keep your family happy..

Reactions: Apathy's Girl and Deleted member 4993
E

ezeph

Sep 30, 2020
I'm an extreme nihilist so definitely not... we're here to live and die. Everything in between is too finite for purpose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Apathy's Girl, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
We all die. Some have better lives than others but we all die in the end so there's no point. Some people manage to do something good with their lives. I wish I could but too many bad things happened to me and I don't want to go on so now for me there's no point in living.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993, FuneralCry and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Nope, no point at all because the universe is infinite but absurd. It doesn't make sense.
The only way I could find life to have a purpose would be if there was actually an afterlife in which we get what the meaning of life was, and learn all about this world and every galaxy, every universe.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Spitfire, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The purpose of our existence is breeding, like all other animals and plants. Humans aren't special, so there is no special point to our existence. Life happened because the right situations allowed for it, and life evolved.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Brick In The Wall, Apathy's Girl and 3 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
In the past, people had gods to believe in and to be fearful of. Advances in science has taken that away from the masses who now just exist.
I guess having a god works both ways. It pushes some to find the life worth living, while pushing others leads them mostly to more suffering, like an animal in captivity has the urges of a wild animal, but unable to satisfy these urges. Still, a society with both groups driven outlasts a society where no one is driven, so what we have is that most people are driven but not all of them are capable to satisfy the demands set before them. It's a heaven and hell with a multitude of layers.
At times it can be difficult to figure out where each individual is positioned.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and DJJE
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Life happened because the right situations allowed for it, and life evolved.
Frankly I don't believe evolution is even logical. For instance, the earth's rotation speed is slowly reducing. Going back 100,000 years or so, the earth would have been spinning so fast that the oceans would have washed over the continents twice a day. How could evolution happen under such conditions? I can point out many other such inexplicable events.

Regarding the op's question, yes I believe life has meaning and worth. Life itself is not the problem. The problem is the people who use their freedom of choice to pursue harmful ambitions at the expense of others. Think warfare for profit, pollution, drug and human trafficking and many others. The majority of humanity's problems are man made. I believe in God but selfish men have messed up religion as well. I'm still looking for a way to make my life worthwhile.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
Megadeth

Megadeth

Aug 1, 2020
Yes, i believe theres a point, though i dont think i fully 100% know the point. I personally believe that there is but i just haven't found it yet.. I wonder if i'll have enough time to find it before im dead.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Frankly I don't believe evolution is even logical. For instance, the earth's rotation speed is slowly reducing. Going back 100,000 years or so, the earth would have been spinning so fast that the oceans would have washed over the continents twice a day. How could evolution happen under such conditions? I can point out many other such inexplicable events.

Regarding the op's question, yes I believe life has meaning and worth. Life itself is not the problem. The problem is the people who use their freedom of choice to pursue harmful ambitions at the expense of others. Think warfare for profit, pollution, drug and human trafficking and many others. The majority of humanity's problems are man made. I believe in God but selfish men have messed up religion as well. I'm still looking for a way to make my life worthwhile.
No point in debating evolution. I respect your right to believe in creationism ❤️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, XYZ and CarbonMonoxide
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
No point in debating evolution. I respect your right to believe in creationism ❤
I respect your right to believe in evolution too. I believe in special creation, not creationism.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I don't think there's any proper purpose/meaning to life, but we're biologically inclined to gain satifaction in sharing life experiences with others and connecting to people. Even if cynically thats probably just to increase the liklihood of satisfy our primal urges to reproduce and dominate. Not saying that's enough for many people though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
D

Deleted member 20852

Nope no point. It's all just a painful journey from nothingness to nothingness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Silvermorning, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
My life has no meaning, but I believe my biological purpose is to make more humans that carry my genes. Me passing down genes?!? Ludicrous, I know...

• Hugs
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
It doesnt have a point. You are just born, you work your whole life to be happy and then you die, returning to the nothingness you came from.
Nope, no point at all because the universe is infinite but absurd. It doesn't make sense.
The only way I could find life to have a purpose would be if there was actually an afterlife in which we get what the meaning of life was, and learn all about this world and every galaxy, every universe.

life would still be meaningless. The universe and everything else that exists within it, has no purpose except to exist. Even if we assume that the universe exists because God wanted it, then I would just ask, why does God exist? Behind its existence there is absolutely nothing, so there is no reason for it to exist either.

If we keep asking to everything "why this exists" we will arrive at a big "nothingness". So, everything is meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Echoko and FuneralCry
Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
No, just envy those who have already left and wait for my turn.

• Hugs
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
There would be a point if I was attractive. It would be to have fun and spread love but I'm not so yeah

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993 and LenkaX
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
It's pointless, you just eat, drink, shit, and piss. If you're lucky, you can have sex, but if you're an average man like me, women will probably not like you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, consilium, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Even in my best days I accepted the fact that life itself doesn't contain meaning and that we as humans are tasked with doing so. However if your life is in shambles or the majority of your life is comprised of non-stop suffering, it is incredibly hard to find meaning. At least for me. I believe that if my life mattered or had meaning at all, I would have mattered to people while I was alive. So I don't believe there is a point to any of this.

• Hugs
LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't. Tired of the pain, tired of the daily grind. Tired of my mental illnesses. I want to rest. I've thought my error live, things didn't get better, my health will only decline. Everything is awful.

• Hugs
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
I see life as pointless game with no rewards/achievements in the end (regardless I CTB or not :angry:).

• Hugs
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
The point is if you enjoy your life it doesn't need one

Reactions: Marauder, Deleted member 4993 and 262653
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Most people agree with you about the sheer pointlessness of life but think that fleeing from the absurdity of reality into illusions, religion, or death is not the way out.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I'm someone who goes out and travels, explores new things, meets new people and checks off a bucketlist item at least once a month and still don't see a point to it all. The things I do are fun distractions until the high of the distraction wears off and reality is sitting there in a corner evily smirking at me.

• Hugs
Reactions: these_days9, Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Given the state of this world i'm very hard pressed to find a reason to continue to live in it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Deleted member 4993 and Homecoming