Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
"Trousering it down"?!
What pray tell are the origins of that charming expression?

I grew up on the fringes of tornado territory with loads of good thunderstorms too. Now I live in one of those places where storms build and build all day then bugger off sideways. I miss them.

I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
I'm wet and didn't get struck by lightning. Was nice, though.

Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 1465
I

ilovenightmares

Alcohol is my medication
Jul 4, 2020
Nice try. Refreshing. Lol I went out to try ctb by lightning and all I got was refreshed.
Haha that's an effort, well I didn't have hopes on it but you never know. Refreshing yes

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Great source of much classic hit oldies music. On my sleep sound machine, thundershowers with distant rumbling and ocean waves are my two preferred settings.

Reactions: foxdie
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I love them. The wind, the sound of heavy rain, the ominous thundering, the lightning. And after they're gone everything smells so fresh and new. As a kid I always watched them from my window at night. There's one building up over my city right now. I can hear thunder and heavy wind.
Same, I love them too for the same reasons you mentioned (sound, rain, thunder, lightening, and smell). This is probably silly, but after a storm I always think that this is nature's way of cleansing the earth of the pollution left by humans. :)

Reactions: foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Omg yes. I wish it wasn't winter and I was in one right now. Would match my brain RN. My hometown had frequent thunderstorms in summer and I miss it so much. Also maybe I could get hit by lighting? My luck says otherwise tho.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I love rain and thunderstorms. One big issue is where I live, it's become dryer than dry because of global warming. We had maybe 2 or 3 rainstorms the entire summer while wildfires scorched the state for MONTHS. It rained literal ash more often than actual rain and the sky was filled with smoke over rainclouds. We just had another fire not too long ago and it's supposed to be winter now. Our planet is doomed I tell you.

Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
Rain, thunderstorm, love them. Before I lost my way I used to run outside and let them wash over me or at the very least sit close to the window and just feel them, basically just absorb them, and get lost in the atmosphere thats very calming for me.