Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'll share first. I genuinely don't hate that I was born. Sure, I hate the cards I was dealt in life but it honestly could be worse at the moment. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, I'm able to go to college (even though I hate it, I know it's a privilege not afforded to everyone), I have running water and internet, etc. I have all the necessities and some luxuries in life and for that reason, for the fact that I know it could be worse, I don't regret my birth. Also worth mentioning that I was extremely premature and my chances of dying were higher than surviving that, but I survived it.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, Hunter2005, wren-briar and 1 other person
zekeyaeger

zekeyaeger

Mar 30, 2023
For all rational reasons, I shouldn't have been born. I am rectifying that mistake soon enough.

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, everydaythesame, Hunter2005 and 3 others
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
You may be interested in this thread discussion about this as there was a really good, fairly recent, convo on it and if you do a search you can also find similar threads Do You Wish You Were Never Born?

Short version for me: Yes. (See my signature!)

Hope you find peace & serenity my friend!

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4, wren-briar, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
yes but also no? like rn yes but i wish i was born as someone who had the possibility to like be happy idk

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: saunabliss, ladylazarus4, Theresnoescape and 1 other person
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
You may be interested in this thread discussion about this as there was a really good, fairly recent, convo on it and if you do a search you can also find similar threads Do You Wish You Were Never Born?

Short version for me: Yes. (See my signature!)

Hope you find peace & serenity my friend!
Ah my apologies, I should have checked to see if there was a thread similar to this before I made mine. I suppose it being a poll is an interesting addition?

Also thank you, I hope you find peace as well

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, wren-briar and LifeQuitter
T

Trav1989

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Apparently I'm in the minority but I chose "no" because it just sounds better to walk away from a rigged game before it starts than to get involved in it to begin with.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, divinemistress36, nomoredolor and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yeah, constantly.

Reactions: Leiot, Zanmato, myusername890 and 1 other person
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
I'm grateful for the few happy memories I have, but I don't have enough to justify myself being born.

• Love
Reactions: Kitsunekia90, therealcruffp, nomoredolor and 1 other person
A

affirmatice

Aug 31, 2024
I don't necessarily wish I wasn't born. I wish I could go back in time and change some slight things that would've completely changed my current state

• Hugs
Reactions: Leiot and Homsi1632
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Yes, for multiple reasons.

Obviously it would've prevented me experiencing the Hell that's been my life.

But my mother also wanted to abort me and my piece of shit father forced her not to. Absolutely unacceptable, my existence should not have been forced upon my mother like that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SomeBody123, divinemistress36, Homsi1632 and 6 others
AvaCutey

AvaCutey

Pragmatist
Oct 9, 2024
I don't necessarily wish I wasn't born. I wish I could go back in time and change some slight things that would've completely changed my current state
I feel the same way, I wish I was born into a better world. But maybe next time.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, SomeBody123, Theresnoescape and 1 other person
L

looking4partner

Srry for bad social skills, likely autistic & ADHD
Oct 11, 2024
100% One of my parents convinced the other to have kids one last time when the other said they didn't want more kids. I really wish they had listened to themself instead of getting swept up in the impulsive moment.

The trajectory of my life has been worse than anything I could ever have imagined if I was asked how my life might turn out. I waited years to recover from a previous horrible experience only to develop rare disabling disorders that cause chronic panic, disorders that I didn't even know existed until I was diagnosed with them and are underresearched so there isn't even a clear treatment plan that works for everyone. I have almost no control of my body & mind now to even be able to CTB unless I do the easiest ways which are also the scariest & most painful & have the chance of just making my conditions much much worse if I survive.

Or I wish I was born as someone else without physical & mental health issues or at least as someone who isn't chronically suicidal for 15 years. I'd rather be someone with no mental illness, but even if I was someone with mental illness who wasn't suicidal, I would settle for that.

P.S. Does anyone know how we start our own threads on here? Is there a waiting period for new accounts? Sorry if it's obvious, my neurological stuff makes it hard to read and find info I want to look for.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, divinemistress36, Theresnoescape and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes. Life hasn't been all bad but it feels like the bad outweighed the good.

Plus, I wouldn't be in the position now where- either I struggle on or, I put other people through something upsetting. If I hadn't been born, my death and especially suicide wouldn't affect anyone. But regardless, I don't appreciate having that decision to make.

I also don't like it that no matter how bad things get, it's very difficult to leave this place on our own terms- full stop. Even people in genuinely terrible circumstances (it seems to me,) are sometimes denied assisted suicide. Simply the prospect of being alive somewhere where your situation can be dire and your options to escape it are so risky, you could survive in an even worse state is pretty terrifying.

I don't appreciate most of the things being alive forced on me. I didn't enjoy seeing multiple family members become ill and die. I don't like the pressure of having to wage slave to support myself or be seen as a failure if I don't. I don't enjoy all the constant maintainence life requires. Life basically hasn't seemed worth it. If I'm honest, I spend large portions of each day, deeply resenting having been born.

But then, I suppose- that's what I don't get. If I happen to complain about work, my Dad will go on at length about how he had it worse. How much he hated his job. On average, we (apparently) spend one third of our lives working (I suspect I spend more time working than that- 7 day working weeks most of the time for me), another third asleep. What on earth did he think was going to happen in the remaining third to make it worthwhile? It's like- you've just said you hated huge chunks of your life- so, you'd worked out it was shit! Why knowingly put another being through that? Misery loves company?

I did make a similar poll a while back. It will be interesting to see how they compare... We were up to 77% of people who wish they hadn't been born out of 259 votes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Theresnoescape, TAW122, athiestjoe and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!! I always wished that I was never born. I see me experiencing any and all types of suffering as a bad thing which should be avoided at all costs. If I was never born in the first place, my total amount of suffering spent on earth would stay at 0 forever which is what I consider to be true peace. However, since I am born, I'm currently suffering and I am at a risk of suffering extremely in the future all because that's just a part of life's whims. All of the tragedies that happened to me could have been prevented had I never been born to begin with.
For all rational reasons, I shouldn't have been born. I am rectifying that mistake soon enough.
Seeing a user called zeke yaeger say this made me smile slightly. I relate to zeke a lot aside from the end part (I won't spoil but, if you know, you know).
Apparently I'm in the minority but I chose "no" because it just sounds better to walk away from a rigged game before it starts than to get involved in it to begin with.
Wouldn't not being born allow you to walk away from the rigged game before it starts? I don't understand why you said no. If you were never born, you would have never been able to participate in this rigged game to begin with. Life is nothing but a rigged game

Reactions: ladylazarus4, pthnrdnojvsc, NoPoint2Life and 1 other person
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
yeah, i just feel like i've been a useless and generally unproductive person, and it would've been better had i not been born in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, Zanmato and myusername890
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Yes, I was a mistake! At least in my eyes I was.. my mom said I was planned and maybe that is true. I think she had me so my dad would not leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Yes, I don't belong in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, Leiot, Zanmato and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
More than anything I wish I never suffered in this existence, personally I see existence as such a terrible, horrific tragedy that just causes endless amounts of suffering, I'd never wish for any of the pain this existence brings and I just find existing to be deeply undesirable in general. It terrifies me how a human can exist for so long with no limit as to how much agony they can feel just to be tormented by old age, for me never existing is always preferable, I'm always so tired of suffering, all I hope for is to never exist again.

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4, Theresnoescape, Zanmato and 2 others
RadiantNumber

RadiantNumber

Mar 2, 2024
Yes and No, I had many good times, but looking for now if I haven't born, there will be less pain to my family, friends and myself

• Hugs
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes I wish I were never born. I didn't have any problems for every second of the 13.8 billion years before I was born.

Very big problems began for me only after I was born.

I was in the absolute bliss of non-existence before being born

I hate that they birthed me into this evil world into the body of a small , fragile , decaying animal that is always hungry and whose brain can suffer unending constant unbearable pain

I need to go back to non-existence asap

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4, everydaythesame, divinemistress36 and 4 others
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
Ngl, as of today (With my constant mood swings and identity swings and allat) I feel like it'd be far less troublesome if I didn't exist. Recently I've been starting to lose more and more motivation to do things, to live in general and to exist. I literally feel a physical lack of motivation to do anything and lack of purpose. I don't think having no purpose matters much with how bad I feel now but I don't feel like I'm meant to achieve anything with my current conditions. I just wish to be gone or at peace or whatever the fuck it takes to end my pain, I guess.

pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
yes, i think everyone would have been better off

Reactions: ladylazarus4, LifeQuitter, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Not only do I wish I was never born, I find people that choose to have children absolutely repulsive. Especially people that clearly don't have the means to raise them properly and give them a good life.

Reactions: divinemistress36, LifeQuitter, LittleJem and 5 others
nomoredolor

nomoredolor

Sep 7, 2024
My mom always said it was a miracle I didn't die in the NICU. The doctors told her to prepare herself. I resent that I didn't die then. Or had been born at all.

By not being born I could spare my loved ones the torturous pain they'll feel once I end my life.

I've begged god to make me not born. Or to die. Didn't do any good. I have to do everything around here lol

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and LittleJem
C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
Strangely no. My feelings and thoughts on these are complicated. I wish I was born but I also wish I and others were born in a world where we could have a peaceful and dignified way to go. I don't understand why we don't give people the right to die. But I get humans are complicated and we have different beliefs and world views.

Reactions: Theresnoescape
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I feel the same way, I wish I was born into a better world. But maybe next time.
I feel this, the world is a bad place to be right now. It's rough and I genuinely think it's going to get way worse before it gets better because even now, the economy is considered healthy and strong.

Yes, I was a mistake! At least in my eyes I was.. my mom said I was planned and maybe that is true. I think she had me so my dad would not leave.
I've heard of that, I think the term is baby trapping or something, though I've NEVER understood it. Why bring a child just to keep a partner? It isn't a guarantee either, you could have a kid and wind up a single parent. Sure, maybe you'll get child support but that's not guaranteed either and you're still parenting. I know someone who I have suspicions about baby trapping someone, but no real proof beyond my suspicions.

Ngl, as of today (With my constant mood swings and identity swings and allat) I feel like it'd be far less troublesome if I didn't exist. Recently I've been starting to lose more and more motivation to do things, to live in general and to exist. I literally feel a physical lack of motivation to do anything and lack of purpose. I don't think having no purpose matters much with how bad I feel now but I don't feel like I'm meant to achieve anything with my current conditions. I just wish to be gone or at peace or whatever the fuck it takes to end my pain, I guess.
I can relate to this to a degree, but likely not as severe as your issues. I'd describe what I feel as just a general feeling of anhedonia, or an inability to feel joy. I find myself irritable. If I may offer a tip, what always works for me is to get outside and do something. Obviously this might not be viable but even a simple walk outdoors helps clear my mind, anything but staying inside all day for me (hypocritical of me to say that though, as that's what I've done most of this week). Anyways, hopefully it gets better for you!

Not only do I wish I was never born, I find people that choose to have children absolutely repulsive. Especially people that clearly don't have the means to raise them properly and give them a good life.
I am a firm believer that someone who can't afford children shouldn't have them. It feels irresponsible to bring a child into the world with no ability to care for them.

My mom always said it was a miracle I didn't die in the NICU. The doctors told her to prepare herself. I resent that I didn't die then. Or had been born at all.

By not being born I could spare my loved ones the torturous pain they'll feel once I end my life.

I've begged god to make me not born. Or to die. Didn't do any good. I have to do everything around here lol
Were you premature as well? If you don't want to answer, you don't have to. I just know I spent a good time in NICU due to prematurity.

Strangely no. My feelings and thoughts on these are complicated. I wish I was born but I also wish I and others were born in a world where we could have a peaceful and dignified way to go. I don't understand why we don't give people the right to die. But I get humans are complicated and we have different beliefs and world views.
We are in the minority here, it seems. I am also a no, but I also believe people should have the choice to go in a dignified and peaceful way. Not in some cramped apartment or dingy motel room, when that seems to be where people die in a good chunk of cases. It would also eliminate the necessity of a brutal suicide which could traumatize the family, especially if the family finds them after a method involving firearms or similar methods.

I also understand the other side to some degree (don't agree with, but understand). It can be a slippery slope. You allow people to choose and eventually the limits expand. Or possibly being able to pressure vulnerable individuals to choose to die when they otherwise wouldn't. I will never understand religious arguments against it because then you're breaking the separation of church and state (in the United States, at least).

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
yes but also no? like rn yes but i wish i was born as someone who had the possibility to like be happy idk
That's my take too pretty much lol
Like logically if I was dead I wouldn't have had to experience what I'm experiencing now which is sucky but I've had many experiences that I don't regret.
it's just that now I've had enough ig

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Frankly yes, but l don't blame anyone for it. Just pure shit luck how it turned out.

• Hugs
daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
Once you are born, you are automatically in a race for survival and in need of resources,
food, water and shelter to survive. Which inevitably means you will need to find a job.

To me, this already makes any existence undesirable.

Reactions: Surai, ladylazarus4, Outsider and 6 others