Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Sometimes I get baby fever but other times I don't want them

Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
Ive always wanted kids. But the thought of bringing them here... On this world... In this economy??! Also seems so freaking cruel to me. But I've always wanted to be a mommy. Try to give them the life I wish I could've had. Support, openness, communication, safe space, community, freedom, autonomy, humble, protective, and more. I'd also be the type of parent that at no matter what age if I am wrong in something or in someway, I'd apologize, explain why I'm wrong, listen, and try to be better for them. I want to be able to answer all there questions. I want to stop the cycle of abuse. I want them to feel like they can open. I just want to be kind and loving to them, and never treat them like I own them. I never want to tell them they should be grateful for me doing my job as a parent. I'm not gonna congrats myself for doing the bare minimum. I'd be so different on how I grew up. So so different. Id adopt like I was too.

But, it's probably not likely. Ever. And that hurts so bad. And also I'll never be able to carry a child. When I found that out as a child I was devastated. I wanted to be able to get pregnant so bad. Still not over it.... Oh well I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
creative

creative

Why am I here
Nov 9, 2020
I wanted kids, but then at the age of 18 got a girl pregnant and neither of us have any jobs or anything. Fuck my life. Talked about adoption or abortion, she won't do either, so yeah. Ruined my own life with a girl I don't love.

LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
This my life is a tough shit and I regret that I was born. Why would I want to create a new life of suffering and Hell? No, I don't want kids. Never.

Reactions: StringPuppet
Death22

Death22

If I can stop 1 breeder, I’m happy
Nov 25, 2020
Actually quite surprised to find a thread with such question on ss :D
Agreed. Spinning, how do I pm you?
I wanted kids, but then at the age of 18 got a girl pregnant and neither of us have any jobs or anything. Fuck my life. Talked about adoption or abortion, she won't do either, so yeah. Ruined my own life with a girl I don't love.
That's pretty smart. How do you feel about creating pointless suffering for a innocent human?

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
No, I'm anti-natalist and I think it's unfair to have children when you know whats coming for them in the future (deadly climate change)
not really a view i can budge on. If I wasn't so ill i would have wanted to adopt, but creating another sentient life to suffer is a no from me

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
No, never wanted kids. I have mental issues that would most likely be passed onto the kids, plus I doubt I would be able to find a suitable partner to raise them. Nah, bringing kids into this insecure, messed up world is one of the worst things a person could do, in my opinion. The human race has failed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Sensei
N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
I did very much want to have a family one day - that's not going to happen in this life though.

I guess I'm lucky I got to live to 23, almost 24 though.

A lot of people don't even make it this far, and have more inherent hardships in terms of surviving. Like struggling for food, or water.

Tbest

Tbest

Feb 9, 2021
When i think about havin children i kinda start talking and discuss with myself. Like sometimes i have baby fever and like promise myself to never let 'them' have a childhood like mine but then i start also seeing my own mental problems and worlds problems and think if i have them its just being selfish and im just satisfying my primordial instict of passing my 'genes'. But in the end it doesnt matter because in my lifetime its not gonna happen

bee_

bee_

Feb 8, 2021
I would love to adopt someday but my genetics are too sick to pass on.
If I survive I'd just love to raise a kid the way I wish I was raised I guess? Without the abuse and shit I experienced I just want to break that cycle and give somebody a life they mightn't have gotten otherwise.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Seeing this thread again reminded me of how last month I had multiple different people tell me I'd be a great father. I don't really see it, but they were probably saying that because of how patient I am with caretaking my autistic sister and because of how one of my cousins in Taiwan (who was 6 last time I saw him) enjoyed having me around. The thing is, raising children does seem a lot easier in comparison to dealing with her but if autism really does run in my family and if it gets as severe as it does for my sister I don't think I'd want to make any children until I can guarantee that won't happen. I also wonder if the only reason I get along well with kids is because my mind is fairly stunted maturity-wise which I realize does not necessarily translate to good parenting.

Reactions: Disappointered