K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Or do you think you just always see the negatives.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
A bit of both, the worlds sucks such massive cocks it puts Broccollibutts to shame, but being big sad makes it so i straight up don't give a fek about any and all small positive things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kat! and aeon
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I think I have depression because I see the world and life as it truly is, not the other way around unfortunately.

Reactions: Noriv159, Kat!, IsThisTheEnd? and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I doubt my way of viewing the world has any rational basis I think I just lucked out on being correct sometimes on the state of things. Even then I don't trust my own views very often anyway.

• Love
Reactions: ovaltinee99, Miss_Takes, Kat! and 1 other person
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
Yes! I always noticed that depressed people see the world as it is and this always got me thinking
if that means that depression is the natural or the supposed mental state for humans

Reactions: Kat!, EmptyManForever and shush
aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
No, I am too lost in my own misery to be able to see things objectively.

Reactions: Kat!
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
my argument with Doctors etc is I'm telling the truth and life isn't worth continuing and I can't pretend it is anything else and others are falling theirself, there argument is I'm sick and not seeing clearly.

Reactions: Noriv159 and Kat!
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I believe one can never see the world "as it is"; this is simply a pretty idea that does not exist as to be human is to be influenced deeply and irreversibly by one's environment, upbringing, and circumstances. Contrary to the popular belief, though, this isn't and shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing. But then again "good" and "bad" are also subjective :)
In any case, my depression is just another lens through which I view the world.

• Love
Reactions: ovaltinee99, yeahwellso, aeon and 2 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
A bit of both, the worlds sucks such massive cocks it puts Broccollibutts to shame, but being big sad makes it so i straight up don't give a fek about any and all small positive things.
The sacred name

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
Like others have said, there's some truth to both. Depression can lead us to only see the things we dislike in the world, making things seem bleak. At the same time in reality, much of the world is indeed dark and depraved. We see more of what the world really is but we also can fail to see the few positives that do legitimately exist out there.

Reactions: Kat!
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
To me, it is an objective fact that there is more bad than good in the world, and the very nature of reality itself supports that.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Noriv159
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The problem is mainstream culture will try to gaslight the depressed into false positivity which is very annoying. Also reality based warnings go unheeded and when things happen that realistic people predict then you become the messenger that got shot

Reactions: demuic and elfgyoza