VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
Ignore the question if you have ever been clinically diagnosed with depression.

Reactions: _Minsk and Lupgevif
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, but I was an idiot for chasing the fairytales my family wanted me to follow.

Reactions: Metalhead
Sadgirl17

Sadgirl17

Oct 10, 2020
Dissatisfaction with my life I think is a part of the reason of my mental ilness

Reactions: Metalhead
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes, but I was an idiot for chasing the fairytales my family wanted me to follow.
I was an idiot for going along with what they wanted and not pursuing my own dreams. I'll never know because I never tried and that's the worst part. If I'd given it everything and it had still gone the same way then fair enough. As it is life isn't terrible if you're ready for the settling down choosing what bin to get for the kitchen. There's this feeling that's it now

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I was an idiot for going along with what they wanted and not pursuing my own dreams. I'll never know because I never tried and that's the worst part. If I'd given it everything and it had still gone the same way then fair enough. As it is life isn't terrible if you're ready for the settling down choosing what bin to get for the kitchen. There's this feeling that's it now
I can understand that. I wouldn't be in my current mess if I did what I wanted in life, but women in my family are told we must be a wife and mother and nothing more. I'm good at those things now, but since the spouse part is gone and the kids will grow I'll just be alone, and what's the point of a lonely empty existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
dissatisfied,I'm not depressed but also not happy.
I'm fortunate with so many things (beautiful,young,good job,healthy ) but weirdly my will to live just keep decreasing I don't have an explanation for this.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Yes, I was so close and then everything crumbled, all my hopes and dreams. That had a devastating effect on my mental health and desire to live.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Mr2005
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
Yes, I was so close and then everything crumbled, all my hopes and dreams. That had a devastating effect on my mental health and desire to live.
Can you share it with us? What happened?

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Both..I'm clinically diagnosed with depression, but my depression is not a chemical imbalance or whatever drs try to say it's 100% from terrible life circumstances and severe trauma.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Ghost2211, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
Tonight634

Tonight634

Aug 24, 2020
About 7 yrs ago (I'm 18) I was so excited to live and had dreams and goals, but unfortunately at that time I started doing things that damaged my body to the point where I can't stand it anymore, everything hurts me and I'm depressed and full of regret. Otherwise everything else in my life is decent, it's just I can't take back the things I did that I regret so much...

VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
Abir_london

This to me is depression. To be melancholy for no apparent reason. It is not my case.

Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
Abir_london

This to me is depression. To be melancholy for no apparent reason. It is not my case.
I know it's weird,obviously I do have special circumstances like I don't have family or partner and that makes me feel extremely lonely and scared of life In general.

how about yourself?

RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
No. I think I am dissapointed with life as a concept.

Reactions: somewherebeyond and Xocoyotziin
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Been diagnosed with severe depression, among other things.

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Neither. There isn't much that I realistically want from life that I don't already have. I just feel trapped by the way I am and the ways things are. If I were depressed I could at least relate to people here. But I'm not even that. I probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
Neither. There isn't much that I realistically want from life that I don't already have. I just feel trapped by the way I am and the ways things are. If I were depressed I could at least relate to people here. But I'm not even that. I probably wouldn't be able to handle it.
I'm intrigued on why you feel that way?

VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
I know it's weird,obviously I do have special circumstances like I don't have family or partner and that makes me feel extremely lonely and scared of life In general.

how about yourself?

unemployment, guilt feelings by my past mistakes and other things...

• Aww..
Reactions: Abir_london