• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
It is a selfish but humanity don't matter, or life don't matter if you just died. After that what about others behind that are currently alive? Did you kill them by being non-existed?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It does for us as once we cease existing that is it for us, we are gone, we eternally lose consciousness. So for us everything is eternally erased and forgotten about as we will be incapable of experiencing anything, but of course this hellish world will continue to exist. All that life is, is an endless cycle of suffering that so tragically continues to repeat.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
but of course this hellish world will continue to exist. All that life is, is an endless cycle of suffering that so tragically continues to repeat.
How can you be sure that? All that life you say is just a perception of your five senses. When you die, don't you think the life becomes non-existent as well FuneralCry? Do you think when you become non-existent life will continue out there? When you think 'objectively' yes. But when you think subjectively, how?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
How can you be sure that? All that life you say is just a perception of your five senses. When you die, don't you think the life becomes non-existent as well FuneralCry? Do you think when you become non-existent life will continue out there? When you think 'objectively' yes. But when you think subjectively, how?
I cannot be sure, I just believe that in my opinion this world will continue to exist for long after I'm gone. I personally believe that it would be for the best if this hellish world ended but if I no longer exist then at least it won't be of my concern anymore.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I personally believe that it would be for the best if this hellish world ended but if I no longer exist then at least it won't be of my concern anymore.
Thanks at least you gave an honest answer. I was talking this topic with some of my friends. They were all like 'think objectively, life will continue...'

At least you said it directly, 'none of my concern.'

I miss those practical selfishness in people around me. People have become too altruist to forget themselves. Your posts keep me sane when pro-life people shovel try to shovel down. You help me indirectly without even thinking about me. You, hundred think about you and your well-being alone, indirectly your ideas keep me sane. (At least help me in general.)

In short, 'I personally believe that it would be for the best if this hellish world ended but if I no longer exist then at least it won't be of my concern anymore.' was badass sentence that I had in this week. Finally. Someone who thinks individually.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It is a selfish but humanity don't matter, or life don't matter if you just died. After that what about others behind that are currently alive? Did you kill them by being non-existed?
No, I think that life goes on (just not yours). Other people's lives aren't my concern. It's my own life that will end, other people will keep on living. One person's death won't cause the whole world to stop or cease to exist.

Last edited:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The world is limited to our own consciousnesses. Once that consciousness ends, the world ends.
Existence will still carry on, of course, but we won't know because we aren't conscious and therefore it'll be as if the world is over.

just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
The world exists after we die, we just have to look at other people who've died before us as proof. Speaking subjectively however, your world dies when you die. I think some people are afraid of how easily the world will continue without them. They desperately try to build a legacy, hoping to live on in their works.

S

sympathyforthedevil

Beggars Banquet
Nov 3, 2023
Reminds me of, 'if a tree falls and no one hears it, does it make a sound?'

I think this thought experiment is meant challenge us to think whether something could exist if it is not perceived. So if you think the tree fall doesn't make a sound, then similarly you might think once you die nothing exists because you don't perceive anything.

conversely if you think it does make a sound then that means even if you don't perceive anything after death, things still do exist

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmm- as in- this is all a simulation created just for you? And- it all just stops after you die? No- I don't believe that. People who I feel sure experienced life in the same way I do- as in conscious awareness of ourself and surroundings have died and- I continued to live. My life went on. When I die, billions of others will continue their own lives. That is- until the sun explodes and destroys everything on this planet. But who knows? Maybe there's life going on somewhere else. I don't believe anything but my own perception of life is contingent on me.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I think it's a very philosophical question with no right answer.
Nobody knows what lies beyond and everything said about it is just speculation.
I understand why people could see it that way tho.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Not having died yet, I don't know for sure, but my guess is that your experience of the universe ends. However your impact on the universe continues on.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reminds me of, 'if a tree falls and no one hears it, does it make a sound?'

I think this thought experiment is meant challenge us to think whether something could exist if it is not perceived. So if you think the tree fall doesn't make a sound, then similarly you might think once you die nothing exists because you don't perceive anything.

conversely if you think it does make a sound then that means even if you don't perceive anything after death, things still do exist
Wouldn't it naturally make a sound though? It doesn't matter if people are there to hear it or not. Whoever thinks that the sound needs to be heard for it to be a sound is kinda dumb imo…I believe that things can exist without being perceived.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I believe that, from my perspective, my version and perception of the world ends with me once I am dead. However, life itself will still continue to exist on earth whilst I'm gone but I simply won't be sentient to acknowledge any of it and that gives me peace. Of course life can't continue forever due to entropy and all but life will continue to exist for a finite amount of time after I'm dead

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I believe that, from my perspective, my version and perception of the world ends with me once I am dead. However, life itself will still continue to exist on earth whilst I'm gone but I simply won't be sentient to acknowledge any of it and that gives me peace. Of course life can't continue forever due to entropy and all but life will continue to exist for a finite amount of time after I'm dead
The heat death of the universe is a hypothesis in one model, it may contract and restart, it may not shut down, entropy may be reverse, we simply do not know…
Mu favorite short story. It probably wouldn't be greatly appreciated in this online environment though 😅😂

yes i am the main character and am the only one who's conscious everyone else are mindless automatons
NPC's

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
The heat death of the universe is a hypothesis in one model, it may contract and restart, it may not shut down, entropy may be reverse, we simply do not know…
Mu favorite short story. It probably wouldn't be greatly appreciated in this online environment though 😅😂

NPC's

*Heat death matches what we currently know, but so does "the big rip" (if dark energy increases over time). The big crunch is not ruled out, but would take new physics.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
The world as we know it will die when we're no longer able to perceive it. The physical world will remain.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
The universe implodes as well. You are the universe.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Wouldn't it naturally make a sound though? It doesn't matter if people are there to hear it or not. Whoever thinks that the sound needs to be heard for it to be a sound is kinda dumb imo…I believe that things can exist without being perceived.
Sounds are vibrations we perceive as a sound. If there's no living being around to perceive sounds, then no it won't make a sound.
Unless a device captures the event and someone and/or something that was able to perceive sound were to review the event at some point.

Perception is often deception.

If it doesn't matter if people are there to perceive things or not to make them real why is society so quick to judge people who "hallucinate."
What they perceive is 100% real to them. Who's in a position to deny their actual experience? It's rather cruel if you think about it.

Maybe those who are "schizophrenic" are actually right, maybe the majority of people are more deaf and blind than we are willing to accept.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The universe implodes as well. You are the universe.
We are all the universe experiencing itself
Sounds are vibrations we perceive as a sound. If there's no living being around to perceive sounds, then no it won't make a sound.
Unless a device captures the event and someone and/or something that was able to perceive sound were to review the event at some point.

If it doesn't matter if people are there to perceive things or not to make them real why is society so quick to judge people who "hallucinate."
What they perceive is 100% real to them. Who's in a position to deny their actual experience? It's rather cruel if you think about it.

Maybe those who are "schizophrenic" are actually right, maybe the majority of people are more deaf and blind than we are willing to accept.
I believe that reality does not need to be perceived to be "real", and that it is independent of perception. We all know that falling trees make sounds, so someone being there to hear it or not wouldn't make a difference. Things can still exist if they're not perceived. There's an invisible world that birds and bees can see using ultraviolet light, just because humans can't see UV light doesn't mean that this world doesn't exist.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Whenever I see or hear the phrase ". . . and no one hears it, . . .", I assume that the speaker is focused only on humans while ignoring other animals. Not only is the majority of animals capable of perceiving sound, but the sound sensitivity of many species surpasses that of humans. Every forest and every single tree is going to have at least a few animals who can still hear one falling.

Some studies have shown that plants can sense and respond to certain sounds. Here is a brief article from Scientific American and another from California Academy of Sciences. If that's the case, then here's another kingdom of audiences that isn't taken into account.

And even if there are no other surrounding organisms to perceive sound, the fallen tree would still be create a ruckus as long as there is a medium (e.g. solid, liquid, or gas) for sound to travel through. The only way it would be silent is if it was in a vacuum.

Returning to the topic, the planet and its inhabitants will still exist after my immediate death. There are countless fossils of organisms that existed millions or billions of years ago as proof. Life will continue on Earth until every single species is extinct. And the planet will still be around until it's completely obliterated.

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

The universe existed long before we did. Just as humanity existed before we were born.
As a collective, we have an agreed-upon reality. we understand the chemical and balances that caused these things. For example, when you take mushrooms and we understand the chemical pathways that are activated.
Science is based on measurement and repeatability.
Whenever I see or hear the phrase ". . . and no one hears it, . . .", I assume that the speaker is focused only on humans while ignoring other animals. Not only is the majority of animals capable of perceiving sound, but the sound sensitivity of many species surpasses that of humans. Every forest and every single tree is going to have at least a few animals who can still hear one falling.

Some studies have shown that plants can sense and respond to certain sounds. Here is a brief article from Scientific American and another from California Academy of Sciences. If that's the case, then here's another kingdom of audiences that isn't taken into account.

And even if there are no other surrounding organisms to perceive sound, the fallen tree would still be create a ruckus as long as there is a medium (e.g. solid, liquid, or gas) for sound to travel through. The only way it would be silent is if it was in a vacuum.

Returning to the topic, the planet and its inhabitants will still exist after my immediate death. There are countless fossils of organisms that existed millions or billions of years ago as proof. Life will continue on Earth until every single species is extinct. And the planet will still be around until it's completely destroyed.
But if you wanna be philosophical about it, you could say that, "It is our sacred mission to take the cacophony of sounds around us and turn it into music."
- GOTG Vol. 3

Last edited:
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
We all know that falling trees make sounds, so someone being there to hear it or not wouldn't make a difference. Things can still exist if they're not perceived. There's an invisible world that birds and bees can see using ultraviolet light, just because humans can't see UV light doesn't mean that this world doesn't exist.
IMG 9739
Would a falling tree make a sound in a vacuum?

We all know the sky is blue. Does that mean the sky is in fact actually blue? Is the sun yellow?

Is magic real when we can perceive a magician performing a magic trick?

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
View attachment 129836
Would a falling tree make a sound in a vacuum?

We all know the sky is blue. Does that mean the sky is in fact actually blue? Is the sun yellow?

Is magic real when we can perceive a magician performing a magic trick?

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Darkover said:
"Einstein famously asked, does the Moon not exist if nobody looks at it ?

Of course he was being sarcastic, expressing his incredulity at the implications of quantum theory.

for all practical purposes, they do exist. whether or not something is around to hear it or see it"

Reactions: RemainingDubious
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
No, I don't think so. It is my life and my death. I think people behind me would be able to cope.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Darkover said:
"Einstein famously asked, does the Moon not exist if nobody looks at it ?

Of course he was being sarcastic, expressing his incredulity at the implications of quantum theory.

for all practical purposes, they do exist. whether or not something is around to hear it or see it"
In that case wouldn't you also have to accept the possibility that everything could possibly exist beyond our perspective? 🤔

Dark matter could be magicians source of "magic" power. UV could be the energy of angels. If dogs could actually perceive "ghosts" maybes ants can perceive big foot and fish can perceive mermaids. The possibilities that could exist beyond our finite perception and our finite understanding could numerous.