insanovty

insanovty

Sep 26, 2023
Do you think that your suicide would be tragic? Sometimes I fantasize about it and dying young. I think that this would be seen as tragic, someone who never lived out their full life. I also fantasize about my funeral as well
I get you. Most of us had fantasized of dying a tragic suicide at one point.

I feel that I have never formed any meaningful bond to anyone, I think others view me as some sort of a passerby in their lives, I would never be talked of if I wasn't in the same room as them. That's okay because I do too. Nobody cares for nobody.

If I was successful on killing myself, I think my death would be as simple as a gentle breeze. If people were to hear about my death, I doubt they'd actually cry for me, sure, they'd display some sort of sympathy to my friends or families, but it's definitely just another "interesting" news that they take very lightly, which I don't blame them.

My friends and families would continue on their day as usual after hearing about my death, I have never been cared by deeply by anyone afterall.

• Aww..
Reactions: Jan1193, Cheffo, sserafim and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, in terms of- I think parts of my life and very existence were kind of tragic. My Mum found out she had cancer while she was pregnant with me. She didn't want to have chemo and abort me. My Dad tries to reassure me- saying it only would have prolonged her life a little. It was already too late to save her. Still, I'm not sure. In my head- she died to save me. Seeing as how things have turned out- I'd say that was tragic in itself. She should have been the one to live.

Just in general really too- I probably had the potential to be happy. I think that's partly what makes suicide sad- it points to missed potential in life. I expect mine may come as a shock to some people also. I think that's the other thing- suicide points to how unhappy a person really was and that's tragic in itself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jan1193, BurgundySnap, sserafim and 1 other person
flypno

flypno

Nov 14, 2021
It's especially tragic if you die young though because you "had your whole life ahead of you"

for me it´s too late to die young.
But to have "the whole life ahead of you" would be a thing, why i would ctb. Why should somebody wanna live that long, when the person sees no hope for the last 10 years for example? that´s such a stupid phrase.

Reactions: sserafim
FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
No, it will be bittersweet. Pain ending at last.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
My family and friends greatly overestimate my ability, they won't see that I had nothing good ahead of me, so I think they will view it as tragic even though they really shouldn't imo. My girlfriend seems to see my abilities more objectively than them, but loves me despite my limitations, so she'll be very sad about it, but I hope she'll also be able to see it from my perspective and know I made the best decision for myself.

Reactions: sserafim and MelancholicMundane
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
It will be tragic. I have a large family and am one of the youngest members. I also have many friends and a woman I love. Even if no one cares about me now, I know that like any pro-lifer, people who knew me will lament and cry over my grave wondering "why I did it" and that "I was so young, I had my whole life ahead of me." I know that I will be the main topic on the tongues of the residents of my small town, because I am quite famous by my appearance and generally people here love gossip.

Reactions: sserafim and MelancholicMundane
Mene Tame

Mene Tame

Sep 21, 2023
it might be tragic, but I really don't care

Reactions: sserafim and natthebrat
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
It always is. Even the most painless one has a trial of torture behind it.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Nope. That'd mean I'd have to see death as an inately bad thing which I don't. Life burdens us with circumstance indiscriminately, nihilistic but that's how it is.

FrostedHoax

FrostedHoax

Student
Dec 1, 2022
The only thing that I believe could possibly be tragic about me dying right now would be that I'm relatively young. Other than that, I don't really have much of anything going on in my life and my relationships with other people are about as deep as a puddle with little to no real meaning to them.

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
A successful suicide is never tragic to me. I don't care about what becomes of this body at all since I see it as a prison. Why would I care about this prison if I can be free from it? What's tragic is failing a suicide attempt, being forced to live and suffer more.

Reactions: Kurai and sserafim
F

fightingforchoice

Sep 14, 2023
Incredibly, I'm only 35 and have a wonderful family and friends, which is why I am continually trying to overcome what is making me want to CBT before actually doing so. I'm on here during the fight as ironically I think preparing exactly how I will die will better enable me to try and live.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I don't believe that my death would be tragic in the slightest, sad maybe but honestly people would just move on. I'm not that significant enough for people to be devastated by my loss.
What she said. And why would I care anyway? I'll be dead. : )

kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
I plan on having a violent death but I wouldn't really see it as tragic. No one to actually remember me after more than a few weeks except for my mom and girlfriend. On the other hand I hope my death would have a great impact on my mother.

Borgrot

Borgrot

Mar 21, 2023
I feel that people would be publicly sad but privately relieved that they didn't have to deal with me anymore.

P

Pagliacci

Sep 28, 2023
No matter how much my depression tells me I am not worth the air I breath, if I ctb the world I leave behind will be devastated. I have a terrible habit of being liked and being hated. There really isn't an in-between. I believe I am replaceable in everything I do and the reality is, I am. I am that overly nice guy everyone likes, who gives without wanting in return and who empathizes with those who are struggling. I would be missed and I am afraid my leaving who give permission to others to follow my lead. I fantasize about the day after my death.

• Aww..
Reactions: Jan1193 and sserafim
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
Not really, my parents would think so but sometimes I feel like tragedy is only reserved for the important people or popular people which I am neither.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jan1193 and sserafim
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Tragic is not the word I'd use. I would reserve that term for more catastrophic events, like when multiple people die.
What happened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki is tragic.
War is tragic... You got the gist.
Me cbt would be sad for a couple of people for very little time, but they'd be over it pretty fast.
But in general, I think a single person dying can hardly be considered so dramatic... The world will go on. It always does.

suicidepanda

suicidepanda

delightfully dreadful
Sep 25, 2023
Do you think that your suicide would be tragic? Sometimes I fantasize about it and dying young. I think that this would be seen as tragic, someone who never lived out their full life. I also fantasize about my funeral as well
I know my family would see it as tragic. which for some reason just makes everything worse

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Yes the world will lose such a precious treasure. ;-;

peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
I don't think mine would be tragic. In the end, they all just pushed me aside anyway, so death is just a free option.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
A successful suicide is never tragic to me. I don't care about what becomes of this body at all since I see it as a prison. Why would I care about this prison if I can be free from it? What's tragic is failing a suicide attempt, being forced to live and suffer more.
Yeah *that's* truly tragic, failing an attempt. I'd hate to fail and live with permanent damage
The only thing that I believe could possibly be tragic about me dying right now would be that I'm relatively young. Other than that, I don't really have much of anything going on in my life and my relationships with other people are about as deep as a puddle with little to no real meaning to them.
Yeah same
for me it´s too late to die young.
But to have "the whole life ahead of you" would be a thing, why i would ctb. Why should somebody wanna live that long, when the person sees no hope for the last 10 years for example? that´s such a stupid phrase.
Yeah that's true, personally I want to ctb because I see no hope for the future. I guess pro-lifers just think about what could have been or something? Idk. They also always think that things will get better, and they have false hope or optimism.

Personally I think there's something tragic in dying young and not reaching old age. Society also romanticizes this
I get you. Most of us had fantasized of dying a tragic suicide at one point.

I feel that I have never formed any meaningful bond to anyone, I think others view me as some sort of a passerby in their lives, I would never be talked of if I wasn't in the same room as them. That's okay because I do too. Nobody cares for nobody.

If I was successful on killing myself, I think my death would be as simple as a gentle breeze. If people were to hear about my death, I doubt they'd actually cry for me, sure, they'd display some sort of sympathy to my friends or families, but it's definitely just another "interesting" news that they take very lightly, which I don't blame them.

My friends and families would continue on their day as usual after hearing about my death, I have never been cared by deeply by anyone afterall.
I feel the same way. I never had or made any meaningful connections to people either. I also feel like a passerby in peoples' lives. It's like everyone else is the main character and I'm the side character…I was always just *there* in the background

Last edited:
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
maybe to like, my little brother and my mum and dad or something, but it wouldn't be unexpected AT ALL LMFAO. I've made it very clear that suicide is at least in the back of my mind even on my very best days. i don't know how people would react at work, it'd just turn into whispered work gossip and something my friends use as icebreakers when they're at a sesh. "oh i had a friend who killed herself" kinda thing, i really don't think anyone outside of my immediate family would actually find my death all that tragic, just something that was going to happen at some point regardless

I

ItsMeUnique

No beauty shines brighter than that of a good hear
Sep 28, 2023
I know that im known by a lot of people, a lot of them that care and some that love me. But I know ill be forgotten after im gone. So the answer would be yes, its tragic, for a lil bit. But it will pass quickly. I think my partner and my parents will suffer the most, but for some reason that doesnt bother me.

jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
Not even a little bit. I have nothing left. I used to have a life, now I don't. But hey that's exactly why I want to CTB. I got maybe 3 people who would actually be devastated and maybe 5 or 6 more who might be sad for a few days at most.
Same

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I think so. I have a really big, kind heart. I have so much to give to the world. But it feels like the world doesn't want me.

I'm deeply in love with my partner and trying to make sense of finding a way to live so I can enjoy life with them as long as I can, but it's been a year and it's proven fruitless and many things have only got worse.

I'm also desperate to be saved. My financial situation is likely going to be my tipping point into CTBing, but no one will help me. I know I won't survive homelessness again... so I gotta protect myself.

So I think it's very tragic that I will have to ctb because I am always helping others, always looking out for those I care about, but when it came time for me to receive help, no one saved me.

• Hugs
Reactions: abcz, apearl and sserafim
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Patti's death was the tragedy, my death will be just an afterthought

C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023
Fair enough then I guess im still considered "young" by some peoples definition but FuneralCry explained it much better than I could of. To me tragedy is something thats really only reserved for the loss of things or people that have lots of potential ahead which is something that I am not, I no longer have my potential for anything. I'm simply just a drifter without purpose.
Yeah me neither, I guess I meant more of the fact of dying young as tragic
I guess it depends. Let's say you left a letter describing your suffering. How you tried everything, can't fix it. Then you said, "Don't be sad because I am taking control to end my suffering, and I think that's the best choice for me. If I didn't do this my suffering would continue maybe for decades, and no one wants that. So you guys do the best you can I and will see you on the other side, in a much better place, or at least just one with the universe again.

Someone might read that and say, "that's a tragedy" or they may say "I dodn't know she suffered so much, I am glad she found a way to have peace"

So probably it will be tragic for some, others will understand. And in the meantime all those people will get sick and old and die themselves. All of them,

I am not encouraging you to do that by the way, but tragedy is subjective. I know a healthy young guy who died instantly in a car wreck many years ago at your age. It seemed tragic at the time, but over the years I though he was kind of lucky to get out of here quick.

Reactions: suicidal flapper and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I guess it depends. Let's say you left a letter describing your suffering. How you tried everything, can't fix it. Then you said, "Don't be sad because I am taking control to end my suffering, and I think that's the best choice for me. If I didn't do this my suffering would continue maybe for decades, and no one wants that. So you guys do the best you can I and will see you on the other side, in a much better place, or at least just one with the universe again.

Someone might read that and say, "that's a tragedy" or they may say "I dodn't know she suffered so much, I am glad she found a way to have peace"

So probably it will be tragic for some, others will understand. And in the meantime all those people will get sick and old and die themselves. All of them,

I am not encouraging you to do that by the way, but tragedy is subjective. I know a healthy young guy who died instantly in a car wreck many years ago at your age. It seemed tragic at the time, but over the years I though he was kind of lucky to get out of here quick.
I'd rather die young than have to get old. I think that even though society views people dying young as tragic, those people were lucky to have died young. They never had to become part of the capitalist machine and work away 40+ years of their life. Honestly I want to die young to escape having to enter the workforce, as well as getting old. I want to ctb to escape having to be a capitalist wageslave and working away my life. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm scared of entering the working world and having to work for a living. I'd rather die than do that

Last edited:
C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023

My family and friends greatly overestimate my ability, they won't see that I had nothing good ahead of me, so I think they will view it as tragic even though they really shouldn't imo. My girlfriend seems to see my abilities more objectively than them, but loves me despite my limitations, so she'll be very sad about it, but I hope she'll also be able to see it from my perspective and know I made the best decision for myself.
I am wondering, do you have ADD? Because I think that is a way underestimated brain disability. You can be smart but with ADD it's hard to function, work, etc. even though on the outside you seem normal, even pretty cool maybe.