• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Do you think that humans should have never become intelligent or conscious? I think that so many of our problems stem from the fact that we have consciousness and intelligence. They say ignorance is bliss, and it truly must be.

Do you think that humans should have never evolved into their modern day form, and rather stayed as homo erectus forever? I think that our troubles and suffering come from the fact that we're homo sapiens, and have the burden of knowledge and knowing.

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Maybe intelligence means the ability to play with concepts that is by definition different from the real things. Somehow we think we have access to both. It is a source of confusion, and disappointment when expectation (mental play with concepts) doesn't come true. Perhaps we, animals, can be conscious without conceptualization. I don't know if the human mental ability is an advancement or a defect. Some people think psychedelic experiences are higher consciousness. But it seems rather bad to live in that kind of higher world for a long time.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Maybe intelligence means the ability to play with concepts that is by definition different from the real things. Somehow we think we have access to both. It is a source of confusion, and disappointment when expectation (mental play with concepts) doesn't come true. Perhaps we, animals, can be conscious without conceptualization. I don't know if the human mental ability is an advancement or a defect. Some people think psychedelic experiences are higher consciousness. But it seems rather bad to live in that kind of higher world for a long time.
Yeah, maybe. I guess I also mean awareness as well. I think that having the ability to contemplate existence is a leading cause of suffering and depression. Animals don't have the capacity to ponder whether life is meaningful or not, they just live. We, however, have the consciousness to.

No other animal organizes themselves into this kind of social structure, full of society and money. Only humans have to pay to exist on this planet. I think that humans have created many artificial structures and sources of suffering for themselves (like society, money, having to work to earn a living, having to pay to exist, everything costing money, bills, taxes, mortgage, etc).

I hate that people made existence cost money. You shouldn't have to *earn* your living, you should have the right to exist. Nobody asked to be born anyways. I'm honestly sick of all the bullshit humans have to deal with. I feel like I'd be much happier as a cat or dolphin or something.

I truly think that humans are the animals that suffer the most, yet they think they have the nicest lives.

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yeah, maybe. I guess I also mean awareness as well. I think that having the ability to contemplate existence is a leading cause of suffering and depression. Animals don't have the capacity to ponder whether life is meaningful or not, they just live. We, however, have the consciousness to.

No other animal organizes themselves into this kind of social structure, full of society and money. Only humans have to pay to exist on this planet. I think that humans have created many artificial structures and sources of suffering for themselves (like society, money, having to work to earn a living, having to pay to exist, everything costing money, bills, taxes, mortgage, etc).

I hate that people made existence cost money. You shouldn't have to *earn* your living, you should have the right to exist. Nobody asked to be born anyways. I'm honestly sick of all the bullshit humans have to deal with. I feel like I'd be much happier as a cat or dolphin or something.

I truly think that humans are the animals that suffer the most, yet they think they have the nicest lives.
Yes, the scientific world. It is heading in an awful direction. A group of people call themselves scientists claim they have the best brains, know what the best world, utopia, should look like and impose their vision, like low carbon lifestyle, on all humanity in the name of science. From there come all kinds of surveillance and behavioral control: mobile devices, digital currencies, social credit, passports and travel restriction, etc. The new world order, again and again. The most awful thing is that people are aware of all this bullshit. Except the few who are in control, all of the rest will suffer.

I guess the animal/ wild world has its rules built in naturally, without the need for extra conscious "intelligence". Human thinking/ planning is fundamentally defective: man thinks, God laughs.

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I've never wandered down here, where the philosophers are! Thanks for making this post @ifeelthelight

There's so much I don't know. I don't know how humans became self-aware, exactly. But I think the ego, or the self, is a useful construct for existing amongst other people. However, it can also be a horrible hindrance and a great source of conflict. I spent a lot of time a couple years ago exploring nondualism, the philosophy that mind and body are not separate. This led to exploring the idea that my concept of self may not actually exist at all, and that I might just be a body experiencing life as if I'm separate from it. I tried meditation, and found it relaxing sometimes when I could stop identifying with my thoughts.

The problem with all of that is that it's not in the least bit practical. Everyday is a fight to stop identifying with thoughts and emotions, and it never quelled the abject meaninglessness I felt about my experience. Which only reinforced that I was still attached to my ego and desires. A vicious cycle. If nirvana is real, the ultimate form of it would be utter non-existence.

I don't find my self-awareness or conscious experience helpful, as most of the time it leads me to think about what exactly it is that I'm experiencing right now, how it came to be, and if it's even real. That whole thought creates an existential dread, which makes my experience feel unreal and unpleasant. Which is quickly followed by the fear that after I die, eventually another universe could bang into existence and the whole process could start all over again with a new consciousness.

It goes without saying, the whole thing fills me with dread and anguish. It doesn't make me smile or giggle, or fill me with warm fuzzies, or want to get up and go to work, or go get married and have kids. It makes me want to crawl inside a hole and die. More than that, it makes me wish existence never came to be.

Ever feel the same?

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
The issue is even if you never ponder existence and you just follow your instincts, suffering can still happen. Look at animals for example or average humans. Also diseases, poverty, conflict, war, death...

Being ignorant can be helpful but you can't really ignore reality when it slaps you. Nature is cruel to any living being.

I do think stoicism might be a good cope and you don't have to be completely ignorant about the world around you. But you need to be a rock and never despair no matter what happens. Seems like a super power to me that only a few can practice.

rosegoldmoon

rosegoldmoon

fulltime nihilist
Sep 18, 2023
I'd like to quote Rust Cohle from True Detective on this one:

"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in human evolution. We became too self aware; nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, a secretion of sensory experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It goes without saying, the whole thing fills me with dread and anguish. It doesn't make me smile or giggle, or fill me with warm fuzzies, or want to get up and go to work, or go get married and have kids. It makes me want to crawl inside a hole and die. More than that, it makes me wish existence never came to be.

Ever feel the same?
The thought of having to work for a living actively makes me suicidal. I don't think that I would find it meaningful or fulfilling. I hate the fact that we have to earn our livings. I hate these societal expectations have a career, get married, and have a family. I will never get married or have kids. I'm literally aroace, they're just not things I want for myself. These expectations make me want to die. I hate how society has a checklist people have to follow (to be deemed "successful"), and how it consists of these things. I honestly wish that I never existed. I don't see the point in living in this (late-stage capitalist) world.

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
The thought of having to work for a living actively makes me suicidal. I don't think that I would find it meaningful or fulfilling. I hate the fact that we have to earn our livings. I hate these societal expectations have a career, get married, and have a family. I will never get married or have kids. I'm literally aroace, they're just not things I want for myself. These expectations make me want to die. I hate how society has a checklist people have to follow (to be deemed "successful"), and how it consists of these things. I honestly wish that I never existed. I don't see the point in living in this (late-stage capitalist) world.
Have you ever heard of a girl named Callie Lewis? She used to use the forum under Zanexx, was from Europe, and passed away 5 years ago. Your posts remind me of some of the things I read on her blog and her posts here.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Have you ever heard of a girl named Callie Lewis? She used to use the forum under Zanexx, was from Europe, and passed away 5 years ago. Your posts remind me of some of the things I read on her blog and her posts here.
No, I haven't. It's nice to know that someone thought and felt the same way as me though, and that I'm not alone or delusional. Honestly my mom thinks I have issues and need to be sent to the psych ward cause I told her that I don't want to be a human being, and want to be a cat instead.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Man´s biggest mistake was to leave nature. Agriculture is the worst invention. We are stone age people forced to live in a made-up civilization. Humans are not made to sit in school and work long working days. We are only domesticated animals. People are not made to die from old age - stone age people died young. We are forced to live in the wrong way. Today´s hunters and gatherers are the only humans that live in the right way. Civilization is the wrong way to live - all civilizations die by suicide. There are too many people on the Earth. It is no wonder that people want to commit suicide in the society of today.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Man´s biggest mistake was to leave nature. Agriculture is the worst invention. We are stone age people forced to live in a made-up civilization. Humans are not made to sit in school and work long working days. We are only domesticated animals. People are not made to die from old age - stone age people died young. We are forced to live in the wrong way. Today´s hunters and gatherers are the only humans that live in the right way. Civilization is the wrong way to live - all civilizations die by suicide. There are too many people on the Earth. It is no wonder that people want to commit suicide in the society of today.
Literally! Everything is so artificial and fake. Money is basically just a bunch of coins or pieces of paper, it only holds value because we think and believe that it does. Human society and civilization is honestly just all made-up. There's no meaning to all of this. There's no reason why we have to work and earn our livings, no other animal has to earn the right to live or existence. Money is just a social construct, yet it dictates our entire lives and everything costs money, nothing is free. I hate the fact that we have to pay to exist on this planet.

I hate the fact that humans became farmers, started agriculture and settled down. I wish we could've stayed as hunter-gatherers or nomads forever. I read something interesting that said that people like me (ADHDers) have hunter brains. Maybe I would've fit better into that kind of society…

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I've never wandered down here, where the philosophers are! Thanks for making this post @ifeelthelight

There's so much I don't know. I don't know how humans became self-aware, exactly. But I think the ego, or the self, is a useful construct for existing amongst other people. However, it can also be a horrible hindrance and a great source of conflict. I spent a lot of time a couple years ago exploring nondualism, the philosophy that mind and body are not separate. This led to exploring the idea that my concept of self may not actually exist at all, and that I might just be a body experiencing life as if I'm separate from it. I tried meditation, and found it relaxing sometimes when I could stop identifying with my thoughts.

The problem with all of that is that it's not in the least bit practical. Everyday is a fight to stop identifying with thoughts and emotions, and it never quelled the abject meaninglessness I felt about my experience. Which only reinforced that I was still attached to my ego and desires. A vicious cycle. If nirvana is real, the ultimate form of it would be utter non-existence.

I don't find my self-awareness or conscious experience helpful, as most of the time it leads me to think about what exactly it is that I'm experiencing right now, how it came to be, and if it's even real. That whole thought creates an existential dread, which makes my experience feel unreal and unpleasant. Which is quickly followed by the fear that after I die, eventually another universe could bang into existence and the whole process could start all over again with a new consciousness.

Ever feel the same?
The physical-only scientific worldview actually provides the best framework for ctb. It will be complete nothingness and that solves all problems. All other models with any kind of afterlife may incorporate a mechanism to punish the act of ctb. Perhaps it will be further suffering. Ctb is therefore not urgent nor a great solution. I don't know if the pursuit of spiritual activity is to make change in this world, to scare people into obedience, to help people cope with suffering, or there are other realms of existence that we are preparing for. If there is Nirvana, can anyone really tell us about it? Anyone who has reached that state will never come back. If anyone has observation of it, does it mean there is a higher realm to make that observation? Then Nirvana is not the ultimate disappearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foreverix
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
I think that so many of our problems stem from the fact that we have consciousness and intelligence.
Problems are a creation of the mind, they have no inherent reality.

When we believe to be separate from creation, we keep interpreting it through a distorted, biased and selfish lens.

Then, there seem to be problems everywhere, when they're really projected onto the inherently perfect present moment.

They say ignorance is bliss, and it truly must be.

Ignorance can't be bliss because it is the cause of all suffering, the belief in separation, duality, that "I am separate from you."

When everything is One, then how can there be a problem? It implies one part rejecting another. But that's only possible in ignorance = tension & suffering.

I think that our troubles and suffering come from the fact that we're homo sapiens
No, it actually comes believing that we are a finite "self".

"Why are you unhappy? Because 99.9 percent of everything you think, and of everything you do, is for yourself—and there isn't one."

~ Wei Wu Wei

You are the totality of existence.

"The cause of your misery is not in your outer life; it is in you, as your ego. You impose limitations on yourself and then make a vain struggle to transcend them. All unhappiness is due to the ego. With it comes all your trouble."

~ Ramana Maharshi

When the there's no "other", there can't be fear.

"We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness."

~ Thich Nhat Hahn

IMG 1835 IMG 1836

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I see consciousness as such a horrific mistake, having the ability to be conscious is the most terrible burden that just leads to senseless suffering. But I don't believe that the human species should have evolved at all, it's just unnecessary how this species exists, only the absence of everything is perfection to me.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Problems are a creation of the mind, they have no inherent reality.

When we believe to be separate from creation, we keep interpreting it through a distorted, biased and selfish lens.

Then, there seem to be problems everywhere, when they're really projected onto the inherently perfect present moment.

Ignorance can't be bliss because it is the cause of all suffering, the belief in separation, duality, that "I am separate from you."

When everything is One, then how can there be a problem? It implies one part rejecting another. But that's only possible in ignorance = tension & suffering.

No, it actually comes believing that we are a finite "self".

"Why are you unhappy? Because 99.9 percent of everything you think, and of everything you do, is for yourself—and there isn't one."

~ Wei Wu Wei

You are the totality of existence.

"The cause of your misery is not in your outer life; it is in you, as your ego. You impose limitations on yourself and then make a vain struggle to transcend them. All unhappiness is due to the ego. With it comes all your trouble."

~ Ramana Maharshi

When the there's no "other", there can't be fear.

"We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness."

~ Thich Nhat Hahn

View attachment 120903View attachment 120904
Do you think that we should have evolved into humans though? Are we better off as humans or would we be better off as homo erectus? I wonder how and why humans took the leap from mere animals into intelligent, conscious, aware beings.

Personally I hate being a human and I want to be a cat. I feel like being a human being is the source of my troubles (you can read my other posts to find out if you want). I never even wanted to be a human being in the first place. If there's reincarnation, I'm never being a human again. I've never even felt like a human (more like an alien) so I think becoming a human in this life was a mistake for me. I don't think I was meant to be one
I see consciousness as such a horrific mistake, having the ability to be conscious is the most terrible burden that just leads to senseless suffering. But I don't believe that the human species should have evolved at all, it's just unnecessary how this species exists, only the absence of everything is perfection to me.
Yeah part of my OP was also asking if people believed that the human species should've evolved so thanks for answering that. I don't think there's any reason why it should've evolved so I'm kind of curious why it did.

I'm also wondering why we had to be humans in this lifetime and I want to know what led to us becoming one (probably reincarnation or something).

I'm also curious how humans arose into being, and why. How and why did life occur on this planet in the first place, and how and why did homo erectus make the leap to homo sapiens? I just want to know why this happened.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: dreamscape1111
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Do you think that we should have evolved into humans though? Are we better off as humans or would we be better off as homo erectus? I wonder how and why humans took the leap from mere animals into intelligent, conscious, aware beings.

Personally I hate being a human and I want to be a cat. I feel like being a human being is the source of my troubles (you can read my other posts to find out if you want). I never even wanted to be a human being in the first place. If there's reincarnation, I'm never being a human again. I've never even felt like a human (more like an alien) so I think becoming a human in this life was a mistake for me. I don't think I was meant to be one
Sorry to sound antagonistic but of lot of what you are saying seems nonsensical to me. For me it's not really a question of should we? we did and now we are exactly where we are. You could ask would the planet be in a better dispotition than it is now and would the primitive forms have a better existence but you cannot ask what it would be like for us to be them because we are us and they are them. It's the same with being a cat you cannot be a cat because you would then be a cat and no longer yourself, you would not know what it is like to be a cat you would just be one but have no frame of reference to being a human. If you did you wouldn't be a cat you would just be like a human with the body of a cat which is a totally differnet thing. Does any of that make sense?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Sorry to sound antagonistic but of lot of what you are saying seems nonsensical to me. For me it's not really a question of should we? we did and now we are exactly where we are. You could ask would the planet be in a better dispotition than it is now and would the primitive forms have a better existence but you cannot ask what it would be like for us to be them because we are us and they are them. It's the same with being a cat you cannot be a cat because you would then be a cat and no longer yourself, you would not know what it is like to be a cat you would just be one but have no frame of reference to being a human. If you did you wouldn't be a cat you would just be like a human with the body of a cat which is a totally differnet thing. Does any of that make sense?
I just mean that if you think that humans should have never become humans in the first place. It's a hypothetical question.

Yeah I'm just saying that I wish I could be a cat because I hate being a human being. I know I can't actually be one but it's nice to imagine and think about. It's kind of an escape from my life.

Hopefully in the next life. Personally I don't see anything positive or enjoyable about being a human so…yeah. That's why I wish I could've been a cat because I think they have nice lives

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I just mean that if you think that humans should have never become humans in the first place. It's a hypothetical question.

Yeah I'm just saying that I wish I could be a cat because I hate being a human being. I know I can't actually be one but it's nice to imagine and think about. It's kind of an escape from my life.

Hopefully in the next life. Personally I don't see anything positive or enjoyable about being a human so…yeah. That's why I wish I could've been a cat because I think they have nice lives
Yea, I mean I'm quite uncomfortable challenging your conceptions, we all need to be free to let our minds wander, we should all be allowed to be as imaginitive and creative as we wish, it can stop life becoming a prison.
I just personally struggle with the notion that someone can be anything else but themselves. It's like the idea of self and being conscious are intrinsic to you. I suppose you can go further and inspect what consciousness is and is it seperate from our memories, this is why I think science has it limitations and there maybe more to life than we will ever understand

Once again, I don't mean to rain on your parade

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yea, I mean I'm quite uncomfortable challenging your conceptions, we all need to be free to let our minds wander, we should all be allowed to be as imaginitive and creative as we wish, it can stop life becoming a prison.
I just personally struggle with the notion that someone can be anything else but themselves. It's like the idea of self and being conscious are intrinsic to you. I suppose you can go further and inspect what consciousness is and is it seperate from our memories, this is why I think science has it limitations and there maybe more to life than we will ever understand

Once again, I don't mean to rain on your parade
What do you think about past lives or reincarnation? According to that our "self" lived many former lives, not just this one. We were many people before, not just ourselves in this life. Also, in Buddhism there is the concept of no-self. Buddhists believe that there is no self. Some people think that we're all from the source, and that we're all just divine consciousness.

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
What do you think about past lives or reincarnation? According to that our "self" lived many former lives, not just this one. We were many people before, not just ourselves in this life. Also, in Buddhism there is the concept of no-self. Buddhists believe that there is no self. Some people think that we're all from the source, and that we're all just divine consciousness.
I would like believe it but I would probably say, like my feelings about a "god", I'm agnostic. My scientific rational mind can't get to grips with the idea that the mind can live without a body. My spiritual romantic mind hopes that there are many things I do not understand and something like a "source" exists

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
I wonder how and why humans took the leap from mere animals into intelligent, conscious, aware beings.

We've always been conscious and aren't humans.

Consciousness imagines being a human.

The universe is a dream imagined by infinite consciousness.

In order for Infinity to experience Itself it has to divide and artificially limit Itself into some finite form through which It can be creative.

You are the Universe experiencing Itself, for Eternity, tadaaa! 🌌🙏🤍✨

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

In order for Infinity to experience Itself it has to divide and artificially limit Itself into some finite form through which It can be creative.

By multiverse I mean a Multiverse where everything that can exist always exists.

In that case all possible outcomes always exist and when you make an observation or measurement you are merely determining which thread within the multiverse this particular thread of your consciousness finds itself on. Consider two entangled photons where they will be guaranteed to have opposite spins but quantum mechanics says their spins are not predetermined. In my version of multiverse theory, entanglement makes total sense – if you measure one photon and find out that you are in a universe where it is spin up, of course in that universe the other one is spin down – no spooky action at a distance needed all.

Mathematically this produces the same results as classical quantum theory so there is no physical evidence for or against it relative to regular quantum theory. However it explains anthropocentric fine tuning, the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics, entanglement, and wave function collapse all with a single mechanism that provides logical, intuitive explanations rather than needing ad hoc assumptions, so in that sense it is simpler than the other theories that produce similar mathematical results.

Everything that can exist always exists, and the set of all things that can exist should properly be called the Omniverse. However we do not know whether what can exist forms a continuum, in which case the multiverse is the same as the Omniverse, or whether existences cluster, in which case our local cluster is the multi-verse and the set of all clusters is the Omniverse (and there may be levels of hierarchy in between).

When you observe (measure) anything, you determine which flavor of universe this thread of your consciousness is in...

Last edited:
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
What is your point? @DarkRange55

Consciousness/Infinity can't have a ground, it is the ground of all things.

Mankind has understood what consciousness is for over 5000 years (small percentage of people at least, the mystics through inner sciences)

Right now, you know you are conscious but you are not conscious of what consciousness is.

Neuroscience cannot answer the problem of consciousness cause neuroscience is occuring within consciousness.

Consciousness is fundamental and irreducible, more fundamental than atoms, energy, time, space, the universe, brains, even life!!

Consciousness is not an emergent property of brain.. "the brain" is occurring in consciousness.

The only way to grasp consciousness is to become conscious of what consciousness is by having awakening experiences.

-consciousness is not brain activity

-consciousness is not reason or intellect

-consciousness is not emergent phenomenon

-consciousness is not biological or exclusive to life

-not a subjective experience

-not a perception

-not a private thing that you own or have

-not occuring within space and time

-all this is assumed by materialistic science

-consciousness is the only thing that it exists..existence itself existing as nothing..pure existence without content or attributes

-consciousness is the substance of everything, everything is made of it

-consciousness is emptiness, it needs to be empty cause it has to be able to take on attributes of every possible thing

-consciousness is not localized it is universal and the universe can be compared to one giant mind instead of a dumb collection of atoms and molecules

-that's hard to assume for materialists cause it feels solid and consistent while minds are more "mystical and magical" even though reality itself always was magical but we got numbed and used to it

-you are the universe that is conscious of itself and its thinking(through ego) that it is a human being separate from it

-good analogy of consciousness is an infinite clay cause everything can be made of it except unlike clay consciousness doesnt have properties which doesnt limit it and they wont interfere with creation

-we can call consciousness a shape shifting substance

-consciousness is not software running on hardware(brain) instead consciousness is software which can run without using hardware

-unsolved problem of mind-body: how can dumb matter give rise to mind, its subjective experience and qualia!!!

-body is a feature of mind mind doesnt arise out of matter

-nothingness is not dumb empty space, it's "alive", intelligent, conscious of itself

-distinction between first order and second order reality:

-dream paradigm-first order reality is mind space where dream is happening and second order is content of dreams

-tv paradigm-first order reality is pixels on the screen second order reality is things which pixels depict third order reality is story told by the movie made out of this things actors and dialogues in the same way first order reality is consciousness and second order reality are objects in the world made by consciousness and third order reality is "story" occuring in the world between things in it

-consciousness cannot be pointed to cause it holds all the pointers

-analogy of charachter of tv screen-can mario use his fingers to point at the pixels of the screen which he is made of?

Obviously not.

In the same way consciousness cannot be grasped by mind concepts or words cause all of it is in it

-nobody can show you what consciousness is you can only become to be conscious of it..models will never work cause they are occurring within it

Don't believe you are pure consciousness, notice it, right now ☀🙏❤️

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What is your point? @DarkRange55

Consciousness/Infinity can't have a ground, it is the ground of all things.

Mankind has understood what consciousness is for over 5000 years (small percentage of people at least, the mystics through inner sciences)

Right now, you know you are conscious but you are not conscious of what consciousness is.

Neuroscience cannot answer the problem of consciousness cause neuroscience is occuring within consciousness.

Consciousness is fundamental and irreducible, more fundamental than atoms, energy, time, space, the universe, brains, even life!!

Consciousness is not an emergent property of brain.. "the brain" is occurring in consciousness.

The only way to grasp consciousness is to become conscious of what consciousness is by having awakening experiences.

-consciousness is not brain activity

-consciousness is not reason or intellect

-consciousness is not emergent phenomenon

-consciousness is not biological or exclusive to life

-not a subjective experience

-not a perception

-not a private thing that you own or have

-not occuring within space and time

-all this is assumed by materialistic science

-consciousness is the only thing that it exists..existence itself existing as nothing..pure existence without content or attributes

-consciousness is the substance of everything, everything is made of it

-consciousness is emptiness, it needs to be empty cause it has to be able to take on attributes of every possible thing

-consciousness is not localized it is universal and the universe can be compared to one giant mind instead of a dumb collection of atoms and molecules

-that's hard to assume for materialists cause it feels solid and consistent while minds are more "mystical and magical" even though reality itself always was magical but we got numbed and used to it

-you are the universe that is conscious of itself and its thinking(through ego) that it is a human being separate from it

-good analogy of consciousness is an infinite clay cause everything can be made of it except unlike clay consciousness doesnt have properties which doesnt limit it and they wont interfere with creation

-we can call consciousness a shape shifting substance

-consciousness is not software running on hardware(brain) instead consciousness is software which can run without using hardware

-unsolved problem of mind-body: how can dumb matter give rise to mind, its subjective experience and qualia!!!

-body is a feature of mind mind doesnt arise out of matter

-nothingness is not dumb empty space, it's "alive", intelligent, conscious of itself

-distinction between first order and second order reality:

-dream paradigm-first order reality is mind space where dream is happening and second order is content of dreams

-tv paradigm-first order reality is pixels on the screen second order reality is things which pixels depict third order reality is story told by the movie made out of this things actors and dialogues in the same way first order reality is consciousness and second order reality are objects in the world made by consciousness and third order reality is "story" occuring in the world between things in it

-consciousness cannot be pointed to cause it holds all the pointers

-analogy of charachter of tv screen-can mario use his fingers to point at the pixels of the screen which he is made of?

Obviously not.

In the same way consciousness cannot be grasped by mind concepts or words cause all of it is in it

-nobody can show you what consciousness is you can only become to be conscious of it..models will never work cause they are occurring within it

Don't believe you are pure consciousness, notice it, right now ☀🙏❤️
Not really, it's an emergent property of the brain. It comes out of neural networks.

Watch that video above. It's not some magical force. Also the universe existed long before and without us.

consciousness should be viewed as a concrete physical process in the world in the same sense as lightning, photosynthesis, and life—experiences are of the same ontological type as all physical phenomena, there is only difference in complexity.

Last edited: