• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

progressingdeath

progressingdeath

May 24, 2024
At one point I believed I was getting better, and honestly, I'm sure I was until I relapsed into unhealthy and self sabotaging + harming behaviors and actions and no longer participating in therapy/DTB as well as relapsing on drugs. I was able to escape my horrible situation and now I have an amazing boyfriend but I didn't appreciate him and what he did for me at first and broke his trust severely. We were on and off for awhile due to my behavior and how I broke his trust until a couple months ago. Now we live with each other and over all we're very happy but I feel all of my overwhelming symptoms flooding back into me with the same intensity they had when I was a teen during my first love.

I am accountable for what I did to lose his trust but my bpd symptoms have flooded back since and it's causing problems on top of him just not trusting me and having a hard time developing trust back. It makes me feel like there just isn't any point to be alive even more because I don't know if I can go on having to control myself to the point I have to not blow up the way I have... This will be my life every day and sure it might get easier but do I want to have to consciously control myself like that forever?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forveleth, Nrocoop, fleetingnight and 5 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
From what I've heard, symptoms of BPD tend to, on average, improve with age as sufferers learn to better understand and cope with their emotions, though I'm just going off of what I've heard other people say so I might be wrong.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and lovedread
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I have a few friends who have it and are living pretty healthy lives. I've known one of them since we were both teenagers, and watched them go from being pretty volatile with lots of suicidal/self-harming episodes, to becoming an adult who goes through serious breakups without even relapsing. Of course, it's still hard for them, but they know how to manage it better, and recover from bad situations way faster now.

Reactions: Forveleth and lovedread
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
It's not easy...and a full recovery is almost impossible.
I call it a life long recovery, I've been through loads of therapy/ meds.

Like I said, it's incredibly hard, but I think I'm doing much better than when I was younger.

It does help I have something to live for tbh

Reactions: divinemistress36, Forveleth, Nrocoop and 1 other person
N

Nrocoop

May 8, 2024
I'm in a depressive cycle at the moment, so the following is influenced by that:

1. Full recovery is a big ask. Day-to-day goals, such as getting out of bed/going to bed at reasonable times, play their part, as is acknowledging such things as accomplishments.
2. Having the resources to access treatment is pivotal. I'm in Australia, where the mental health system is privatised, expensive, and driven by profit. That in itself can hinder long-term recovery for many people.
3. Thinking about whether you have the capacity to support impulsive choices and actions that aren't sustainable can help in a manic episode. If you can be open with supportive therapists/family/friends about it then strategies can be put in place to address it e.g. reducing the limit on a credit card can head off booking that round-the-world trip that seems like such a great idea…

Reactions: Forveleth
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
I think it's possible just not easy, which means you have to celebrate your wins that much more

Reactions: Forveleth
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this. It's a mental burden and it's painful and overwhelming. I hope you will be free of your pain whatever you do.

I don't think I can be cured. Even if I was cured I've already ruined almost every good relationship of mine. I'm not happy and I don't think life is worth living anymore.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Actually, symptoms do see an improvement overtime.

BPD can be accurately identified in adolescence, and the course of the disorder, in adolescence and adulthood, is generally similar, with reductions in symptoms over time.
Both studies found that most patients with BPD improve with time. The CLPS provides evidence that, even when followed up 2 years after the initial assessment, about one-quarter of patients experience a remission of the diagnosis (defined here as meeting less than 2 symptoms for a period of 2 months or longer) during the prior 2 years. During a 10-year period of follow-up, 91% achieve at least a 2-month remission, with 85% achieving remission for 12 months or longer.30 The MSAD has found similar results extended out to 16 years using a slightly different definition of remission (no longer meeting diagnostic criteria for a period of 2 years or longer) and found that by 16 years, 99% of patients have at least a 2-year period of remission and 78% have a remission lasting 8 years.31 Both of these studies also demonstrated that BPD is slower to remit than other PDs and MDD. Finally, 1 study followed patients after 27 years and found that 92% of them no longer met criteria for BPD.32

It's also important to note that BPD itself wasn't the only factor in the suicide rate. Other mental illnesses, such as MDD, and a family history of suicide were also noted as being factors.
In this sample, several factors were associated longitudinally with suicide attempts, including comorbid MDD, SUD, posttraumatic stress disorder, family history of suicide, and some specific symptoms of BPD.

While BPD doesn't go away with age and those who suffer with it are still at risk for suicide, symptoms do seem to improve with age, at least from what I've gathered.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImTelling
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Actually, symptoms do see an improvement overtime.

It's also important to note that BPD itself wasn't the only factor in the suicide rate. Other mental illnesses, such as MDD, and a family history of suicide were also noted as being factors.

While BPD doesn't go away with age and those who suffer with it are still at risk for suicide, symptoms do seem to improve with age, at least from what I've gathered.

Do not argue, my logic cannot be denied + I have BPD + I'm approach these ages + it's definitely getting worse.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Do not argue, my logic cannot be denied + I have BPD + I'm approach these ages + it's definitely getting worse.
I'm not trying to argue. I'm just pointing out stuff based on research.

Reactions: ImTelling
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
Interesting…
Rather than trying to speak on everyone with BPD, I am only going to speak on my experience.
My BPD definitely has worsened over the years. However, I have hope that things will get better once I have a sense of security. Whether that be a stable home, stable job, or a decent relationship. Being surrounded by the right people who understand this disorder and have sympathy for someone who struggles like this, has helped tremendously.
My friends and family are yet to understand it, but my partner has been so patient in understanding how I feel.

So, just so my fellow BPD people know: there are people out there that can handle you. It can get better. It's up to you whether or not you want the help.

Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
I really do try to spread positivity here, despite my situation. I don't want anybody else to hurt like this.

But I have to be honest, as a person with BPD, I've tried damn near everything.

Medications are a bust, talk therapy is a stalling tactic, biofeedback/lasers did nothing, TMS did nothing, DBT/CBT inpatient/outpatients program did nothing. The last real option I have is ketamine therapy, which just kinda sounds ridiculous conceptually.

I wish I could deliver better news. Maybe it works for you. Didn't for me.

Reactions: Disappointered
progressingdeath

progressingdeath

May 24, 2024
I'm a drug addict so ketamine therapy seems impossible to obtain. Despite having BPD I'm pretty positive overall too but it's extremely hard to manage my symptoms like mood swings and how when I have them they feel like they'll be permanent causing me to feel more likely to attempt