• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It seems most people think cavemen weren't suicidal, well I disagree because the difference genetically is minimal between us and them so I'm sure they were just as prone to problems that drive them to want to end it. I know they didn't have modern problems but health was just as fragile back then except without the doctors. How a caveman would kill themselves is another story though, we're built to survive things, and that includes suicide attempts

• Love
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
botch3d

botch3d

Student
Sep 17, 2022
The complexity of modern society plays a huge role imo

N

No blackangel

Sep 18, 2022
Guess they were preoccupied by survival

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I would think largely no, no they weren't. When every action of every day is directly tied to "doing this will keep me alive", it's hard to think of any alternative. Because the imperative "I need to live" is much stronger, whereas nowadays everyone can live.
I would think largely no, no they weren't. When every action of every day is directly tied to "doing this will keep me alive", it's hard to think of any alternative. Because the imperative "I need to live" is much stronger, whereas nowadays everyone can live.
also
Nowadays people are forced to live. There is no choice. For cavemen, you really could die on accident at any time, so I think most people weren't simply "alive" but rather they *wanted* to live.

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022

also
Nowadays people are forced to live. There is no choice. For cavemen, you really could die on accident at any time, so I think most people weren't simply "alive" but rather they *wanted* to live.
You can still die on accident at any time. Nothing has changed, just go out into the deep woods- boom you can die like a caveman

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
You can still die on accident at any time. Nothing has changed, just go out into the deep woods- boom you can die like a caveman
...look at mortality rate statistics. people don't die nearly as much as they used to. Water is clean, hospitals exist in every city, we are vaccinated for every common disease, and cars have airbags on every square inch.
When you go get food, you can choose anything you want at the supermarket. There is no danger at the supermarket.
Whereas a caveman must carefully procure food while making sure there is no competition for said food, or perhaps he must defeat this living food in combat.

Yes, you "can still die at any time" but that's like saying everyone is still at risk of the bubonic plague.

H

Hello_Goodbye_2022

Sep 27, 2022
They had so much time on their hands and probably very primal instincts. How could they not at least wonder?