Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No, I think it should be well thought out

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Doing something like ctb on impulse is not a good idea, in my opinion. Preparation is everything in this world and you would want to minimise failure as much as possible. There is a stupid part of my brain that is foolishly clinging onto living - despite suffering from severe mental illness. Hopefully that will dissipate in time. So yeah, plan if you can.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: bea1974 and UseItOrLoseIt
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Yeah, I lost my job and some friends. My reputation took a dive and being from a small and very backward community this is a major downside. 7 years later the stigma is still very much alive.
Easier said than done finding another job and making new friends. Shame on your local community for using what happened against you.

• Hugs
Reactions: bea1974 and UseItOrLoseIt
O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts.

Everyone should have the right to their own destiny, as they see fit. whether your ctb attempt is spontaneous, or carefully planned, you have to do it your way.

Personally I'm planning as carefully as I can. I don't want any mistakes.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Easier said than done finding another job and making new friends. Shame on your local community for using what happened against you.
Ahhh, fuck em'! At least, by the way they treated me afterwards, I got the chance to see everybody for what they really are. I don't miss anybody that left me because of this and I learned to ignore judgment. There is something perverse in judging a person who tried to take his own life.

• Love
Reactions: blue_muse
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Ahhh, fuck em'! At least, by the way they treated me afterwards, I got the chance to see everybody for what they really are. I don't miss anybody that left me because of this and I learned to ignore judgment. There is something perverse in judging a person who tried to take his own life.
That's a gutsy approach you have and it sounds pretty cool.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Absolutely not. If you succeed, there's no going back. This isn't a decision that should be made lightly. That said, I believe an adult has the right to kill themselves for any reason whatsoever provided they don't have a helpless dependent like a small child or disabled person in the picture.

I also feel like a lot of impulsive suicides use bad methods or poor technique that may leave the person attempting permanently damaged or in the hands of authorities or both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rustysoupcan
FreeAngel

FreeAngel

Student
Mar 3, 2021
Out of impulse, I wouldn't try, Ctb.
I'd think about it for weeks or months to make it work.

RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
My mom tried to kill herself, now I want to.

my daughter is young enough she probably wouldn't remember and maybe I would stop the intergenerational trauma by doing it.
maybe if my mom had succeeded my life wouldn't have been filled with the family disintegration and torture of myself.

I know I can do better than my parents but I can tell you first hand that i don't remember the first time she tried but the second time, when my father had no one else to blame but me, my childhood went even more to shit.

I think about my daughter... I love her, but on another hand I think it'll help if I weren't here.

I also have a 2000000 dollar insurance policy that has a suicide is okay after 2 years clause in my daughters name.

my point is that in a year, after the two years waiting, it could happen any day. That said, it could happen tomorrow.

sorry if that was a ramble...

Last edited: