FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'd certainly always see it as preferable to cease existing, as after all suicide is the way to find peace from the burden that is existence, preventing all future suffering. I always dislike when people go on about how suicide must be the last resort, like if someone feels that way about their own existence then that's fine but in my case I see suicide as a rational solution to solve the true problem that is existence itself, I'm only still trapped here as of course suicide is so difficult and inaccessible.
Insisting that suicide must be the last resort implies that continuing to exist is something very desirable and valuable to the point that it should be considered as the preferred option when in my case I see existence as undesirable in every way possible.

Existing is very meaningless and futile but also so harmful which is shown by how there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly as long as one exists. It's terrifying how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, so to me death is something comforting as I very strongly believe it to just be an eternal, dreamless sleep where one is unable to suffer. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being, I see it as so cruel to impose existence in the first place. All of the anti-suicide beliefs are nonsensical in the first place especially as we never consented to being here and aren't obligated to continue, if one wants to cease existing on their own terms then that's always a valid way to feel.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, 4am, 0000000000000 and 10 others
A

alwayssad

I just wanna stop existing
Oct 27, 2023
last resort

Reactions: Glandular, annointed_towers, Jinxyxx and 1 other person
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
last resort

Reactions: annointed_towers and Jinxyxx
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
last resort

Reactions: annointed_towers
O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
Suicide should be a last resort. Suicide shouldn't be someone's first choice. Everyone has different problems. People who have less serious problems may be able to find a less extreme solution to their problems than killing themselves.

Most people aren't suicidal like us. They find their life to be worthwhile despite the fact that their life isn't perfect.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Arachno and beelzebul
f1f7y8yoL053r

f1f7y8yoL053r

Nov 14, 2023
I see it as a valid option. Not something to be encouraged or discouraged. If it's the last resort then it's an act of desperation; so I guess it's the preferred choice, but at the right time.

Grimscribe

Grimscribe

In Defense of Non-Existence
May 16, 2023
Having suicide as an option certainly gives me some "security" in life and how it will go. Currently, it's basically a last resort, but I believe it will be how I choose to die in the future, if the future holds what I'm expecting it to hold for me.

haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I see it as a preferred option as i see life as more negative than positive. A peaceful death would solve all my problems. Unfortunately its not easy to have it

Reactions: Venessolotic and Rogue Proxy
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I wish more people would see suicide as a preferred option... I just cannot understand why humans make their lives dependent on someone else's life, even if the person make it clear that they don't want to live anymore. Like how can one be so selfish?

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic, Rogue Proxy and Byebyemap
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Last resort but I wish I was never born. Both life and death are forced upon me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, AtomicWaffles, Byebyemap and 1 other person
NoOneLovesMiMi

NoOneLovesMiMi

Just Me
May 27, 2023
In my case it's both.

Reactions: Venessolotic, leavingthesoultrap and Hotsackage
Soc

Soc

Dec 9, 2023
A last resort. I've lost my family, my home and now my friends. My job is on the rocks and I'm destined to have a life as an outcast. It is my last resort. I've had some good times but I can't live with the things that have happened and the burdens I carry.

Reactions: NoOneLovesMiMi
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Peferred choice , i just hoping for new N source then i will sleep forever.

Reactions: Venessolotic
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
I think it's a last resort for many but for me it's my preferred choice. I know I certainly don't want to live in this awful, cruel world anymore. Especially knowing what's to come thanks to climate change and corruption.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Preferred choice

Reactions: Venessolotic
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
Suicide should be a last resort. Suicide shouldn't be someone's first choice. Everyone has different problems. People who have less serious problems may be able to find a less extreme solution to their problems than killing themselves.

Most people aren't suicidal like us. They find their life to be worthwhile despite the fact that their life isn't perfect.

Look at you go gatekeeper👍. Telling people what they should believe is not a pro-choice attitude. Also, why do you think it's appropriate for you to attach some arbitrary value to a person's experience (namely their, according to you, "less serious problems") and determine that their problems are too small for suicide? What about the others that believe it is the preferable option? Are their problems too small?

In my case I'd certainly always see it as preferable to cease existing, as after all suicide is the way to find peace from the burden that is existence, preventing all future suffering. I always dislike when people go on about how suicide must be the last resort, like if someone feels that way about their own existence then that's fine but in my case I see suicide as a rational solution to solve the true problem that is existence itself, I'm only still trapped here as of course suicide is so difficult and inaccessible.
Insisting that suicide must be the last resort implies that continuing to exist is something very desirable and valuable to the point that it should be considered as the preferred option when in my case I see existence as undesirable in every way possible.

Existing is very meaningless and futile but also so harmful which is shown by how there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly as long as one exists. It's terrifying how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, so to me death is something comforting as I very strongly believe it to just be an eternal, dreamless sleep where one is unable to suffer. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being, I see it as so cruel to impose existence in the first place. All of the anti-suicide beliefs are nonsensical in the first place especially as we never consented to being here and aren't obligated to continue, if one wants to cease existing on their own terms then that's always a valid way to feel.

For me it's a last resort but, I have often thought about it as the first and ONLY reasonable option. I often wish to cease existing as well.

Reactions: tarococo
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023

If everybody has different problems, then why can't we conclude that some of these said problems are such that some people see suicide as a preferred choice? However you make it sound like suicide should be a last resort for everybody

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and tarococo
tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I wish I could say its my last resort, because I'm ashamed of admitting that I know there are ways I could possibly turn my life around. But I see no point in trying, and I am way too tired at this point. I don't want to keep fighting and hoping. I just want to rest. So I'll have to say its probably a preferred choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: yourfaulty, Arachno, Sylveon and 3 others
B

bungalow13

Oct 22, 2023

The only solution.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, ijustwishtodie and LetMeBeSad
Covalite

Covalite

Anxiety Controls All
Apr 4, 2023
For me it is a last resort at this moment but in the past it defiantly was a preferred option because of how shitty my life has been at many points. The only 2 reasons im here rn is im a coward and i suck at ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetMeBeSad
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I would say for myself, it's complicated, but I'm leaning towards a preferred choice

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Preferred choice. It's not really my last resort, but I'm tired of trying.

Reactions: Venessolotic and tarococo
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Absolute last resort. I like living but now I have unrelenting chronic pain so it's really tough.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
My choice is non-existence. I prefer death / non-existence a trillion times more than life / existence. The only reason i'm here is i'm physically and mentally disabled and they made suicide so difficult even for a healthy person , fear probability of failure . if i had a method that i was sure was 99.5% I would do it today or in a few days or a week . Just so hard to do even the simplest things for me now. but i need to get out of this funk and brainwashing and be productive to get a method more reliable. suicide is my preferred choice.

They tell me suicide should be a last resort after i tried everything to live. I ask them why should I try there is no objective purpose to life. Why should I make it a last resort? why is it anyone else's business what i do as long as I'm not bothering anyone else? I'm going to die anyway just as every other human is . so i have to slave and suffer a few more years for what reason since i'm going to die anyway no matter what? to what to continue to be under threat of extreme suffering? What if someone convinces me to live another week and i get a stroke in that week? will they feel guilty that i'm brain damged then? what's the point of me existing anyway? I don't see any point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and ijustwishtodie
offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
Very much a last resort. I love so many things about life, but I just can't experience them any more.

That's the most awful thing about mental illness. Knowing it's all there, but not being able to hold it in your hand.

Reactions: fkyou
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I see it as a choice. Where it comes in terms of preference is very much down to the individual. Can many people say we have/had tried everything before CTB? I'd say for a lot of people, there are simply things that don't appeal at all or don't seem worth the effort.

If I do kill myself- I'm very likely to do it before what other people would consider as exhausting all alternative options. Who are we talking about though? Pro-lifers? They'll never run out of things you ought to have tried! Doesn't matter to me though- they're not me. They're not living my life through my eyes. I don't fancy turning into someone different just so I can have some hope at being satisfied with life. I don't think I will reach a satisfied point with life now. After experiencing 43 years of it- I feel qualified to know. So- I want out.

Reactions: AtomicWaffles
AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
Last resort I guess, but I have exhausted all other options