Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I love my dog so much. I can't believe when I first got her that I thought I didn't want her. Now, I can't imagine being without her. Do you have a pet and if you do, do they help you when you're feeling down?

If you don't currently have a pet, do you want one? If so, what pet and why?

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, deadspirit, WornOutLife and 2 others
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
My best companion was a dog that accompanied me from 9 to 22; his death was one of the triggers on my first attempt. I realize that he was my true and only friend after his death T_T
Since then I haven't had any more, I thought about adopting a cat when I became independent but by then I already had the idea of ctb in mind and why was I going to leave it alone? (my mother would take over, but still ..).

The closest thing to a pet I have is a queen ant lol (and the cats of the colony that I visit:ahhha:)...and a legion of mealworm beetle xD.
Now in winter it's her turn to hibernate so I moved her from her dry tube to the vivarium where she would have access to moisture more easily.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Freedom Believer, Joarga, deadspirit and 1 other person
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I moved in with my dad a year ago and he has a German Shepherd. She's a very anxious, can be aggressive dog because he never trained her. After a few months, she turned into MY dog. She follows me everywhere and I'm the main one who takes care of her. She's much more affectionate now and she's literally my best friend and is always with me. I love her so much. While she's definitely a handful, she also makes me feel so much better. She's an older dog and so I'm always worried of losing her soon and I don't think I could handle it. This has been the worst year of my life and if it weren't for her, I don't think I would be here. All the times I got so close to killing myself here, leaving her behind was the main reason I'd try to hold on.. even more than not wanting my dad to find my body. I feel like she needs me just as much as I need her.

I had another cat about ten years ago who I was also attached to, and her to me. She also followed me everywhere, even sat on the side of the tub when I would take a shower. She always slept in my arms with her head resting on my neck when I slept. When I would go for a walk, she would walk right next to me. I once had to pick up something from a friends house, and had to leave her outside for a few minutes because of a dog inside. I came outside and she was gone. I looked forever and never found her. To this day, it still really, really pains me. Especially since she had major separation anxiety.

These are just two examples. I've always felt a deeper connection with animals than people and my love for them has always seemed stronger. Their loss has always hit me harder. I feel like a horrible person that I usually feel more upset about losing my cat than I do about my mom's death. That seems really messed up to me, but it's the truth.

• Love
Reactions: Freedom Believer, Fehler, Joarga and 1 other person
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
Not anymore. My rabbit died after having 2 seizures in December

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Freedom Believer, Fehler, ohhgeeitsme and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah I do. This is my dog, Tomi, the one helping me out to keep on living. He and my dad are the reasons why I'm still part of this world.

IMG 20210111 192440

• Love
Reactions: Freedom Believer, NumbItAll, Skathon and 5 others
deadspirit

deadspirit

Jan 9, 2021
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I live with my family currently so it's kind of a madhouse in here. The cats and me are somewhat neutral towards eachother but I've had these dogs since I was a kid and they're like the only things I even talk to anymore :ahhha:

• Love
Reactions: Freedom Believer, Fehler and ohhgeeitsme