Amacko

Amacko

Aug 27, 2021
I don't necessarily hate them, I guess certain ones are quite annoying though. If they are blasting the TV or music I'm not interested in on full volume, then yes I'd pissed

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
enau

enau

Student
Apr 15, 2021
my issue with tv show, fiction, movie, video game, anime .. (things that i used to love) is .. the meaning.It a representation of the world, where people live, die, struggle, try to make meaning of all this shit.Now when i see a movie, i feel detached, distant, and tired thinking about things of life and death.At the same time, im far away of everything of the worlds and stuck in my own pain .when you dont care about your own character in life, its difficult to be impacted by movies.The most triggerings things are the more commun: family fiction, in cant handle it, i dotn hhave any memories of what it is really, so its always pain, or nothing, or the big void /nothing.. dont care if the story is good, im tired with stories.Even killer stories.Music is the exception, or almost.Noise music is interesting for me when i need an externalisation of my chaotic thoughts or when i need to focus on something else.I feel it washes my mind, but its not really an esthetic interest, more like scarification by sound.Black metal also when you re really feel awfull.. because you dont have to be in complexe narrative in thse music, it adresse directly to your feelings if you're sensitive to music(im exrtremly alexithymic, so i can never say how i feel,).Im also really bored with visual art.. same thing, meaning, you can't breath outside this tyranny to make stories.And its ironic because i wished to be an illustrator

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: draw a circle and Alwaysbadtime
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I was about to disagree but when i saw the movies you mentioned i do agree. I still consume media, but it's mostly comics (manga), music, youtube, and only a little bit of movie and anime. There are some tv shows i liked, but only enough to watch it once and be done with it.

Movies lately has been kinda boring though. Everything is either a remake, a sequel, an adaptation, an adaptation of an adaptation, or a part of a hugely interconnected cinematic universe. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I miss seeing random movies with new stories, movies so bad it's fun, or just good movies in general. Well, i don't watch movies a lot in the first place, so i might have missed a lot of those good ones.

TV is the worst. My country does not have a single quality in their tv channels, aside from like, spongebob or a sprinkle of Korean dramas here and there. Everything is just stupid celebrity drama, bad soap operas, unfunny comedy, messy competitions, etc. I've had enough and yet i still turn on the tv for background noise lol. Truly a waste of electricity.

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
TV background noise is unbearable. There's a TV in every room here and there's always annoying shit blasting at seemingly maximum volume. If I do actively watch something I always mute the commercials because they are no longer advertisements so much as they are sensory torture devices.
I will go on a shooting spree if I hear the Brady Bunch theme song one more time. How many times, and for how many years, does one person need to watch this garbage. IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
"Looking into the boy's eyes, I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form"

"'Anything, sir, anything!'"

"'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?'"

"He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of second hand, childish banalities."

- Alec Guinness
I like Star Wars.
(More so the original trilogy, learned to appreciate the prequels..and memes lol, but the new trilogy was disappointing.)
I know someone who was (and is) more of a fanatic but honestly it's one of their more endearing qualities, if anything, it's harmless.
I can't handle TV, movies and music anymore. I live with someone who is constantly watching TV, movies and playing music.

Horrible shows he watches: Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Brickleberry, Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, South Park, Archer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty (these are just the cartoons). Many other really triggering shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Psych etc etc.

Movies: Marvel movies, Star Wars everything. I have watched the same shows and movies now 3 times in the last 2 years.

It's really horrible. I want to scream SHUT THE FUCK UP. TURN IT DOWN. I DON"T CARE. EAT SHIT ASSHOLE. GET A FUCKING JOB. STOP TALKING. MUTE THE COMMERCIALS.

The first year I could sit and be on the couch with the shit on. Now I can't. I go to the bedroom or outside to smoke. Or I go off and volunteer which is really a crock of shit.

Anyone else triggered by TV, movies and music? What about it triggers you?
Do you think you would be as upset if their tastes were more in line with your own?
Or if they allowed for more variety in what they spent time watching?
Is it the non-stop frequency?
Do you have your own room and television?

I did laugh at some of the television shows you mentioned lol, does he only have a stomach for comedy?
Show him some prestige television (you know, things that won't be as loud and obnoxious).

I actually do get set-off (triggered) by certain shows, films, music, etc..but it looks like it may be for much different reasons than your own.

Last edited: