Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I can't handle TV, movies and music anymore. I live with someone who is constantly watching TV, movies and playing music.

Horrible shows he watches: Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Brickleberry, Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, South Park, Archer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty (these are just the cartoons). Many other really triggering shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Psych etc etc.

Movies: Marvel movies, Star Wars everything. I have watched the same shows and movies now 3 times in the last 2 years.

It's really horrible. I want to scream SHUT THE FUCK UP. TURN IT DOWN. I DON"T CARE. EAT SHIT ASSHOLE. GET A FUCKING JOB. STOP TALKING. MUTE THE COMMERCIALS.

The first year I could sit and be on the couch with the shit on. Now I can't. I go to the bedroom or outside to smoke. Or I go off and volunteer which is really a crock of shit.

Anyone else triggered by TV, movies and music? What about it triggers you?

• Yay!
Reactions: Mendex, HopelessAndAlone, GenesAndEnvironment and 7 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
"Looking into the boy's eyes, I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form"

"'Anything, sir, anything!'"

"'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?'"

"He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of second hand, childish banalities."

- Alec Guinness

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
All the shows you listed are fucking awful in large quantities - not my favorite by far. There is a lot of shit out there. Have you ever enjoyed consuming any form of media? Do you read?

Reactions: Panna
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Depends really. There's a few good TV shows, movies and songs nowadays, but the rubbish outweighs it greatly.

Reactions: callme and demuic
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
TV background noise is unbearable. There's a TV in every room here and there's always annoying shit blasting at seemingly maximum volume. If I do actively watch something I always mute the commercials because they are no longer advertisements so much as they are sensory torture devices.

Reactions: demuic
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
All the shows you listed are fucking awful in large quantities - not my favorite by far. There is a lot of shit out there. Have you ever enjoyed consuming any form of media? Do you read?
Thanks. Yes, those shows really are awful. I enjoy nothing now. No, I don't read...I read sad stories/articles and shit about serial killers. It's so shitty that Family Guy is literally on every fucking day loud.
TV background noise is unbearable. There's a TV in every room here and there's always annoying shit blasting at seemingly maximum volume. If I do actively watch something I always mute the commercials because they are no longer advertisements so much as they are sensory torture devices.
Yes, commercials are awful. Lots of financial commercials etc etc.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always been the type of person who is easily bothered by unwanted noise, I hate loud noises and I find noise to be annoying. It has always bothered me when I can hear somebody else playing music. I find most tv/movies predictable and I do not have much interest really.

Reactions: Panna, demuic and Alwaysbadtime
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Nope. It's the bread and butter of my passtime. Plus books from time to time. Rarely. Not really. Not anymore. Plud the piano, but that's irrelevant.

Yes, I'm a sucker for good storytelling.

Reactions: deflationary, butterflycollector and Celerity
D

Darth Ruin

Jul 23, 2021
Same feelings here. While living with my parents my mother always had the tv on and set to docu-tainment stuff with people shouting at each other, auction shows, soap operas where people never think clearly about their issues, unable to solve anything. She wasn't even watching it herself or in the room most of the time so it was like, I turned it off for concentration on my reading and she would come back after 30 mins and turn it on just to not pay attention after 5 mins and read something as well, then walk out for an hour doing household work and because I try to keep my attention on my stuff I get this stream of annoyance but don't realize I could turn it off until 5 mins before she gets back. Tried to tell her she should at least turn the volume off when she isn't there but she only did that like 10% of the time.

Some of the shows you mentioned actually have good values at heart, especially Star Wars and Rick and Morty, but they are mostly about being entertained and use their qualities mostly to that end. Most good stories are actually structured in such a way that the entertaining aspects attract a type of person with negative beliefs or values to then challenge them and show this person why it is necessary to be more openminded. And fans of most media ignore the actual values, rather see only the superficial entertainment and use that for entertainment only instead of growing.
For example, Rick and Morty is seen as a show for sci-fi comedy and has most fans because of that but the core of most plots is always about family, relationships and how human interaction changes people.
The soaps of my mother similarly had plots that could teach people a value but the characters weren't allowed to draw the correct and good conclusion and had to act simpleminded because the writer was more concerned about appeasing the target demographic of old women disillusioned and bored with their lives than to show them anything that could teach them some higher understanding.

So I can understand becoming mad about anything if forced to watch or hear anything for long enough against your will because it is hard to understand, but it really could be much much worse media.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Same feelings here. While living with my parents my mother always had the tv on and set to docu-tainment stuff with people shouting at each other, auction shows, soap operas where people never think clearly about their issues, unable to solve anything. She wasn't even watching it herself or in the room most of the time so it was like, I turned it off for concentration on my reading and she would come back after 30 mins and turn it on just to not pay attention after 5 mins and read something as well, then walk out for an hour doing household work and because I try to keep my attention on my stuff I get this stream of annoyance but don't realize I could turn it off until 5 mins before she gets back. Tried to tell her she should at least turn the volume off when she isn't there but she only did that like 10% of the time.

Some of the shows you mentioned actually have good values at heart, especially Star Wars and Rick and Morty, but they are mostly about being entertained and use their qualities mostly to that end. Most good stories are actually structured in such a way that the entertaining aspects attract a type of person with negative beliefs or values to then challenge them and show this person why it is necessary to be more openminded. And fans of most media ignore the actual values, rather see only the superficial entertainment and use that for entertainment only instead of growing.
For example, Rick and Morty is seen as a show for sci-fi comedy and has most fans because of that but the core of most plots is always about family, relationships and how human interaction changes people.
The soaps of my mother similarly had plots that could teach people a value but the characters weren't allowed to draw the correct and good conclusion and had to act simpleminded because the writer was more concerned about appeasing the target demographic of old women disillusioned and bored with their lives than to show them anything that could teach them some higher understanding.

So I can understand becoming mad about anything if forced to watch or hear anything for long enough against your will because it is hard to understand, but it really could be much much worse media.
Thanks for the reply. I can't focus on shows enough to get any message; I am triggered by the whole thing...the topics...everything and I have no interest in "good stories". The only thing I think about is croaking, the rich people behind the voices (cartoons) and just all the not so subtle jabs that they say that dig into me and my lack of success.

I haven't been able to follow or enjoy any plot for a really long time. It's nice that you still can. Perhaps the shows could be worse however I would quantify South Park as very dark and extremely dismal. Brickleberry is very very crude and terrible. You brought up your mom and her shows. I absolutely know my mom wouldn't waste 2 minutes watching any of the over 50 shows he watches. She is "too good" for that kind of humor. I am incredibly pissed that I have 0 choice on what is playing and really absolutely anything on tv is completely shitty in my view. I've enjoyed I think 2 movies in the last 2+ years. I didn't luv them or anything, but they were not completely triggering.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Can't relate at all. I love Family Guy. I always crack up whenever I watch that one. It's just right for me. As for music, it's probably the only thing keeping me alive. I wouldn't know what to do without my music. I would just be incredibly bored and probably try out some suicide methods.

Reactions: deflationary, Amacko, butterflycollector and 1 other person
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Can't relate at all. I love Family Guy. I always crack up whenever I watch that one. It's just right for me. As for music, it's probably the only thing keeping me alive. I wouldn't know what to do without my music. I would just be incredibly bored and probably try out some suicide methods.
Yes, it's very shitty to truly hate everything. It's due to my shitty reality that I hate everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Yes, it's very shitty to truly hate everything. It's due to my shitty reality that I hate everything.
It's fine, I'm not judging you. Everyone is different. How do you pass the time without getting bored then?

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
It's fine, I'm not judging you. Everyone is different. How do you pass the time without getting bored then?
I am constantly bored. I have been bored for decades. I spend my days chatting with one pal who is also suicidal and looking on SS and Reddit. I smoke cigs and that's about it. I am never entertained except for reading about horrible stories and then I just feel pissed.

You're fortunate to like shit.

Reactions: callme and Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I am constantly bored. I have been bored for decades. I spend my days chatting with one pal who is also suicidal and looking on SS and Reddit. I smoke cigs and that's about it. I am never entertained except for reading about horrible stories and then I just feel pissed.

You're fortunate to like shit.
You know, it's kind of funny. I don't leave the house. Only once a week. I spend most of my time locked in my room. Plus I have been a NEET since 2015 with little breaks here and there. But I am miraculously never bored. I know others would go crazy if they had to live like me even for a few days. Have you always been like this?

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
You know, it's kind of funny. I don't leave the house. Only once a week. I spend most of my time locked in my room. Plus I have been a NEET since 2015 with little breaks here and there. But I am miraculously never bored. I know others would go crazy if they had to live like me even for a few days. Have you always been like this?
Sorta. I used to look forward to certain shows and drink beer/wine watching tv and movies. I don't enjoy/feel drunk anymore when I drink...I used to like watching Judge Judy, but now I can't handle it. Yeah, I am constantly bored and pissed. I think the last time I wasn't totally bored was like 5 or 6 years ago.

For example if my bf leaves to go out of town I will just sit in silence for the days he is gone. I will just be on my phone or computer. I don't turn on the tv, music or movies. It's really bad.

I have a pal who is a lot older. She said she is never bored. I can't imagine this.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Sorta. I used to look forward to certain shows and drink beer/wine watching tv and movies. I don't enjoy/feel drunk anymore when I drink...I used to like watching Judge Judy, but now I can't handle it. Yeah, I am constantly bored and pissed. I think the last time I wasn't totally bored was like 5 or 6 years ago.

For example if my bf leaves to go out of town I will just sit in silence for the days he is gone. I will just be on my phone or computer. I don't turn on the tv, music or movies. It's really bad.

I have a pal who is a lot older. She said she is never bored. I can't imagine this.
This is genuinely the first time I've come across someone who's like this. So I don't have any words of advice or words of comfort to help you out here. Apologies. Hopefully one day you can be like your older pal.

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
This is genuinely the first time I've come across someone who's like this. So I don't have any words of advice or words of comfort to help you out here. Apologies. Hopefully one day you can be like your older pal.
It sounds really bad huh?!

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
It sounds really bad huh?!
Honestly, yes. But maybe having a partner helps. I guess that's a form of entertainment as well, in a way. Not that they are a thing to enjoy but rather the companionship is something one can enjoy. I don't have anyone.

Reactions: Celerity
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Honestly, yes. But maybe having a partner helps. I guess that's a form of entertainment as well, in a way. Not that they are a thing to enjoy but rather the companionship is something one can enjoy. I don't have anyone.
I hear you. Mostly I just complain about him, but it would be very hard to be alone. I appreciate you messaging me. It's a pretty toxic relationship though.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I hear you. Mostly I just complain about him, but it would be very hard to be alone. I appreciate you messaging me. It's a pretty toxic relationship though.
You're welcome. A toxic relationship is really bad, too. For instance, me? I'd rather stay alone than be in a toxic relationship. And that's saying something considering I have never been in a relationship. I'm 25.

• Love
Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
It's so bad today. American Dad is on and it's not even 5 pm. He isn't even watching it. He is in his office/video game room watching something. I hate it. I can't think of anything else to put on. It would all be awful and triggering. If I cook in silence he will think it's weird. I don't want to listen to music. I really really hate American Dad. I hate him for putting it on. I hate this ALL so fucking much. It's so bad....All day.

I feel so flustered. Dinner will be ready and American Dad will still be on...their voices screaming and talking about stupid crazy lame shit. FUCK HIM.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Celerity
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I have't really watched any western TV shows since 2016. I've only watched about 2 movies since then as well. Most media is just trash and overrated.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, FuneralCry and Celerity
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I have't really watched any western TV shows since 2016. I've only watched about 2 movies since then as well. Most media is just trash and overrated.
That's fortunate. They are all terrible. Do you watch stuff now?

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
That's fortunate. They are all terrible. Do you watch stuff now?
No, I mostly read and play video games. It's hard to find anything good nowadays even in those types of media. I don't really have the mental energy to start anything new either.

Reactions: newave3, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Alwaysbadtime
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sometimes I watch things to kill time when I don't have enough drive to gaym. I like documentaries and some fictional shows/movies are just about watchable if you can turn your brain off. (Not a problem for me, right guys? Haha, heh, ugh.)

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I probably dislike or hate 99% of movies and tv shows that I decide to watch these days. Sometimes I might find a little gem of a show that I get addicted to but that's very rare. Everything is Netflix is bland, boring and just looks cheap. As for Marvel/Disney and everything else they are just torture!! I had to sit through one of those superhero ones at the cinema.. it was insufferable

Reactions: FuneralCry, justsayin and demuic
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I can't handle TV, movies and music anymore. I live with someone who is constantly watching TV, movies and playing music.

Horrible shows he watches: Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Brickleberry, Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, South Park, Archer, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty (these are just the cartoons). Many other really triggering shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Psych etc etc.

Movies: Marvel movies, Star Wars everything. I have watched the same shows and movies now 3 times in the last 2 years.

It's really horrible. I want to scream SHUT THE FUCK UP. TURN IT DOWN. I DON"T CARE. EAT SHIT ASSHOLE. GET A FUCKING JOB. STOP TALKING. MUTE THE COMMERCIALS.

The first year I could sit and be on the couch with the shit on. Now I can't. I go to the bedroom or outside to smoke. Or I go off and volunteer which is really a crock of shit.

Anyone else triggered by TV, movies and music? What about it triggers you?
You know what would be really easy, if you just left and stopped complaining about this asshole you stay with for whatever reason. You want to live with a man child, deal with it.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
You know what would be really easy, if you just left and stopped complaining about this asshole you stay with for whatever reason. You want to live with a man child, deal with it.
Wow. No thanks brah for your insightful and punishing comment. It's as simple as Ignore...and I will do that now.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
No problem brah. Oh, should I be scared your crippled unemployed bf is going to kill me or something?

Just to show what a fucking genius you spread you legs for, he's obviously a Biden supporter, aka a democrat. Most democrats want to get rid of the death penalty, but this mf wants to kill someone for a anti-biden flag. I swear, you two deserve one another. Happy fucking life.
I can tell your anger at whatever is off the charts today....too bad for you. I'm sorry that I thought you were normal. Shitting on suicidal people is never cool or okay.

Reactions: Celerity