littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Aside from SS, I feel that I can only really talk to my husband and my mom (to an extent – she has anxiety and I never want to make it worse) about stuff without hearing any stupid platitudes about how "great" life is or how "happiness is a choice" (BARF) or how I need to "rise above" or any of that shit. Sometimes I just really need to talk about how much ass life sucks without anyone giving me unsolicited advice or trying to offer "solutions", because it's just not that easy.

But even then, regardless of who I talk to, I always feel so bad about talking about my problems. I never want to burden anyone or make them sad because of me, or anything like that. Growing up, it was common to hear things like, "stop crying" or "nobody actually cares about how you feel" and the like, and people dealt with their problems by bottling them up entirely and/or drinking... so that's been hard for me to unlearn, as much as I've been trying. I just can't help but feel like such a burden, no matter what I do or say.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and TooConscious
B

BrokenLine

Experienced
Jul 13, 2019
I don't feel there's no one, there's not.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, TooConscious and S like suicide
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
For some reason alot of people claim to have nobody, they actually enjoy saying "I'm not accepted, nobody likes me!!"
And they don't know how it is to be truly alone.

I grew apart from all my friendships because of how people with my problems, mental and physical are ostracised by the rest of society, my friends were good people but eventually it must become difficult to find anything in a guy who has to plaster on a fake smile, and has no enthusiasm because the world destroyed them.
I will happily engage with like minded people when the opportunity arises but I don't seek out people.
know there a good people but finding them requires alot of energy and it just isn't worth the risk of betrayal.
I am broken in the sense u can't truly connect because I see the possibility anyone could be in your imagination, a robot sent to extract information from you, someone out to build you up then knock you down.... Infinite number of things.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BrokenLine and hʚll
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I can't talk to anyone about it because everyone would immediately make sure that I am admitted somewhere.
But that is also understandable.
So I can only talk about it here.

Reactions: littlelungs
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Yeah this is the only place I really talk, if ever. I stay silent in my house and my family don't seem to mind/care. My friends drifted away over the last year and everyone at work is friends with each other (and it's all work from home remotely anyway).

If I have to sign for a package at the front door it sounds weird cos my voice box hasn't done anything for days lol

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
No. Feels good. I've been successfully evading anyone trying to talk their silly words at me.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone I have to talk to will ghost me if I have a serious conversation with them, so yes.
I cope by using this forum.

The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
I had a friend until November 2019.

After that I don't have anyone else. (…)

F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
Literally the only people I talk to are my parents, sister, brothers occasionally and people online and colleagues from work . How do you cope? It truly sucks and is lonely.
I only talk to people online. I don't have irl friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Lonely and S like suicide
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I have 0, I just talk to myself or ruminate in my head. I used to have one or two people on here that I trust talking to, but they have 'moved' on.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Lonely and S like suicide
grail

grail

Jun 25, 2021
when i try to open up with the one person i think i can, it just becomes a civil argument. i don't know why i expect something different. not even an "I love you [grail]," "I would miss you so much if you were gone." it's always just "What would your parents think if you did that?" i know what they would think. they would mourn for a bit because they're my parents, then get over it because i don't matter that much to them. i am honestly more sad to leave him than my parents, which i think says a lot. at least it makes it clear how one-sided it is. makes the decision easier. i just wish my only available method hadn't been thrown out the window today.

Reactions: The Lonely
Oblivionis

Oblivionis

Oct 2, 2023
You're not alone, you're in it with everyone else who feels this. There are so many of us out there who feel alone. In truth we don't need much company, we have ourselves. Don't feel like you are alone in this, only having a few people to talk to is absolutely normal.

Reactions: ThisUnrest
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Literally the only people I talk to are my parents, sister, brothers occasionally and people online and colleagues from work . How do you cope? It truly sucks and is lonely.
Sort of. I feel like a monumental burden to the few (1 or 2) people I do talk to. And I don't know either particularly well. While they are great at listening and to be honest cant.. I just wish I had help. I don't even want talking so much as people who care enough to help... As of yet. That hasn't happened which makes me feel alone incredibly so. I'm beneath help I suppose. I can feel my life wasting away. I can feel my life draining from me. It's eerie and horrible. I'm just a useless husk pretty much at this point.

C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
I do have a person in mind but they changed and so did I. Maybe if its like before then I could have someone I can talk stuffs to but now...Im not saying my friends from today dont really care. Its just theyre not the right people for this since the last time I did shared to, ended up telling it to others who absolutely had no idea how to deal with me. So yeah, in short I had none now that has that level of trust. And I do miss a friend who can understand and talk with. Its hard finding that kind people considering Im pretty much a ghoster to my current friends also.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Yes. No family or friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: Efilismislife, Ε. Η. R. and Mauve87