• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
Do you ever have those dreams that "feel" real? Like, you think you're awake and don't recognize it as just a dream? Do you ever - in those dreams - dream about you being happy?

Whenever I have those dreams I experience my ideal life. I'm happy, successful, healthy, I have great relationships and I look great. The emotions I feel are so pure. They're emotions I've never experienced in the "waken world".

Then I wake up, in the same bed and the same room in which I fell asleep. I sit up and look in the mirror on my wall and it's first then which I realize that none of it was real.

Those dreams cause me severe pain, but also intense happiness. Do you have those dreams too?

W

war-is-lost

Student
Apr 15, 2018
Do you ever have those dreams that "feel" real? Like, you think you're awake and don't recognize it as just a dream? Do you ever - in those dreams - dream about you being happy?

Whenever I have those dreams I experience my ideal life. I'm happy, successful, healthy, I have great relationships and I look great. The emotions I feel are so pure. They're emotions I've never experienced in the "waken world".

Then I wake up, in the same bed and the same room in which I fell asleep. I sit up and look in the mirror on my wall and it's first then which I realize that none of it was real.

Those dreams cause me severe pain, but also intense happiness. Do you have those dreams too?

Yup, I do, dream is my ultimate escape, but 5 mins after I wake up, the reality sets in and it's all downhill from there.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I thought I was the only one.
I recently was telling some people I know about those dreams.
Those dreams are really nightmares to me because it hurts me so much to know how my life could be instead of reality. If I could avoid those dreams I would.
I prefer no dreams.

Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018

I do occasionally. When they happen, they're wonderful. But I'd rather not wake up or have no dreams at all because of what I have to wake up to

D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
I've had those dreams before many times. Makes reality feel evermore like a nightmare.
Indeed

Those dreams are really nightmares to me because it hurts me so much to know how my life could be instead of reality. If I could avoid those dreams I would.
I prefer no dreams.
I do occasionally. When they happen, they're wonderful. But I'd rather not wake up or have no dreams at all because of what I have to wake up to
I definitely agree. I wish they'd stop.

Kira

Kira

Same stuff, different day
Apr 27, 2018
All the time. I don't really have any anxiety or pain like I do when I'm awake. Often times I dream about old friends and old places I used to visit. I had one of those dreams just the other night actually. I was back in my old town and I went to some kind of party. Many of my old friends were there and I felt so happy. Not too long after I started getting extremely tired, to the point where I could hardly keep my eyes open. The minute I fell asleep in the dream is the minute I woke up in the real world. All I could do after that was cry honestly. I wish things could go back to how they were before. I hate being alone.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
This topic reminded me that it's been 10+ years that I've only been dreaming abstract, geometrical shapes.
No people, no landscapes, no "beautiful skies" or "green lands to explore".

Shapes. It's probably because either consciously or subconsciously I see existence as a mechanical trap ready to grind us all to powder.

T

Tiburcio

I almost never have dreams. But when I have them, they all are nightmares, very stressful thoughts so I'm too anxious to notice if I'm dreaming or this is really happening.

Reactions: dano6533
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Nope. Can't say I've ever had a dream like that, actually. I'd imagine that mostly comes down to the fact that there is no, nor has there ever been, some "other life" I'd rather be leading. I don't mind being a hikikomori. In fact, in most respects, I prefer it. However, having said that, I do mind being alive, which is really the main problem at the end of the day. Come to think of it though, I kinda find it strange how I've never had any dreams where I've died, and or, committed suicide. You'd think I would've had at least one, but nope. Never. Outside of nightmares, my dreams are usually either super boring or completely, totally whimsical. Not much middle ground, I'm afraid. Although, I do really wish I could lucid dream. I recall managing it once many, many years ago, but that's about it, unfortunately. Quite a shame, since it would certainly make me look forward to sleep way more than I do now. It could almost become a new hobby. Having complete control over my dreams and conjuring up whatever I wanted. But, oh well. That's life for you.

This is a good representation of the kinds of dreams I have. I actually had a dream exactly like this one in what feels like a decade ago and it's always stuck with me. I couldn't contain my shock when I saw it almost perfectly replicated by just some random guy. It was downright insane to see such a personal dream be plucked from my unconscious like that. The image of the giant silver obelisk on the beach especially, is just ridiculously close to the kinds of things I saw in that dream.

I

iFeelmeaninglesss

Jun 13, 2018
I wish my brain would stop dreaming as well just like others mention.

It's incredibly annoying what your mind can do to you in sleep mode, especially after waking up from a peaceful dream because then ,for me, I'm reminded that I have nothing to wake up for :(

That peace is gone/forgotten

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
because then ,for me, I'm reminded that I have nothing to wake up for :(

I've felt that way since school. It's only gotten worse every single year. And while you might be able to distract yourself from the preoccupation for a while, eventually society, once mindlessly optimistic, begins telling you that, yes, you have nothing to wake up for. When they won't consider you for life-sustaining work regardless your experience and qualifications because you're just too old now, despite excellent health and decades of life ahead of you. When you join community activities only to have everybody look through you, regardless how outgoing you are, because you're the ultimate un-cool, old. When everything you say or do is discounted, unwanted simply because of the numbers on your driver's license. And when your own federal government, fully aware of this, itself engages in ageism officially. Eventually the cavalier "hang in there" just fades to silence since, having hung in there, no one sees or hears you anymore.