Votes: 13 10.5%
  • other

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
S

ShadowsFall

Lost and forgotten
Jul 15, 2021
Unfortunately due to previous extensive job history and other factors, it is rather difficult for me to find and keep a standard 9 to 5 job. Right now I work as a Full-time independent contractor for both Uber and Doordash delivering food in a major metropolitan area by bike. Some days are good, other days are absolutely shit. Regardless, it pays the rent and bills.

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Yes, I work from home. Thank god for the pandemic!!! God, I wish it was more accepted to work from home, but it's getting more common at least. My job is very unremarkable. My mental health is shit, but I feel so grateful for the job. Without any job or money, I would be in huge trouble because I'm from a poor family/country. I suck at my job and sometimes I can barely work, but at least it's there.

• Hugs
Reactions: TCotton and whywere
T

throwawayyy

Jun 21, 2022
It is better, but your original fuck all comment is still absurd. I feel pressured here to just speak plainly lol, sorry. I've worked hard since I came out of a 2 year programming course, and my software engineer brother works harder than me.
Off topic sorry:

Can you elaborate on the programming course you did? We're you able to find a job in the industry

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
yes, i am a workaholic and if I didn't work I would probably kill myself because of the thoughts inside my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
I did and got fired because of my ex only one too out of that problem haven't had work since last June and honestly I feel useless and hopeless and just have no drive anymore

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Huntfish34 and whywere
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Off topic sorry:

Can you elaborate on the programming course you did? We're you able to find a job in the industry
I found a job programming for Flutter and Android apps. Very easily.

The course I did was Python for everybody with Dr Chuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Huntfish34
S

Sadgirldaisy

Student
Dec 26, 2022
Yes, but it's like 80-90% of why I'm suicidal

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart
volnaya_pesnya

volnaya_pesnya

Oct 16, 2021
Due to my psychological condition, it has not been possible for me to leave the apartment for years. What is your situation like, do you guys work?
i work in a job i hate and am bad at, with coworkers who hate me because im too stupid to do my job right

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart
FieldsofLavender

FieldsofLavender

nightmare life, go away! nightmare life, go away!
Feb 7, 2023
I don't have a job because I can't really leave my room much...
i work in a job i hate and am bad at, with coworkers who hate me because im too stupid to do my job right
I'm really sorry to hear that... That sounds awful... (Also, I loooove WoH, what a great pfp, Miku rocks! I was so hyped when I saw it's coming to switch, I've been follow it for ages!!)

Reactions: volnaya_pesnya
kanashikunaika

kanashikunaika

It's sad, isn't it?
Jan 25, 2023
I have a job and I'm going to school full-time. Being constantly busy helps keep my mind occupied and keeps me on track. If I don't have somewhere to be I just stay asleep in bed all day, 'cuz I don't have the motivation to do anything. My job is really nice though, I work as an A/V tech for sports games, which can be really loud, but I'm essentially paid to sit and do nothing each shift while I watch sports in the background. Though for some reason, I'm looking to get a second job, because I'm insane I want to make sure I can still pay for my apartment. The American economy is my biggest fear.

• Love
volnaya_pesnya

volnaya_pesnya

Oct 16, 2021
I don't have a job because I can't really leave my room much...

I'm really sorry to hear that... That sounds awful... (Also, I loooove WoH, what a great pfp, Miku rocks! I was so hyped when I saw it's coming to switch, I've been follow it for ages!!)
i also like bag of milk girl

Reactions: FieldsofLavender
TCotton

TCotton

Feb 1, 2023
No I'm a contractor and looking for work now. The contract market at the moment is awful

• Aww..
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
I work part-time and I'm glad I do. Even working part time feels like having barely enough time for myself. Plus my job can be emotionally draining (although I generally like it) and it would probably completely destroy me, if I worked full time. Even as it is, I often need to remind myself that I only need to live like this for a certain amount of time in order to save money and then I can quit, if I'm too fed up with it and enjoy again plenty of time doing outdoorsy stuff and/or travelling.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I have a job that I love, but management that I hate. It's challenging, at best.

• Hugs
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
i work retail, 1-2 shifts a week currently, easy work especially when it's dead…coworkers are nice, and management is accommodating for me.

going to school next year, so this will change…

• Hugs
Domika

Domika

Feb 12, 2023
Oh I work alright, and it's one of the main reasons I've even found myself on this board.

It's a job that drains me, and if I could quit I would but the ammount of problems that would arise from that would just hurt me more...

• Hugs
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
to be honest getting a job was the best thing i ever did for my mental health LMFAO, being on a nice constant schedule everyday just feels amazing, and knowing that i get paid for it too and im happy with the arrangment. its gotten to the point where i feel kind of lost when we get holidays off, im just fidgeting because theres nothing to DO and it kills me LMFAO

• Hugs
valkyrie

valkyrie

Feb 11, 2023
Yeah.
i don't really mind I just try to shut off my brain and do my little tasks and my job and try not to get in trouble.
Need the money and need to feel useful

• Hugs
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i wish i could find the energy to work again but i can barely get up the stairs without having heart palpitations. the only time i worked rather effectively was when i was 16-18 at the beginning of my mental downfall and on adderall.