Do you come from a dysfunctional family ?

• Complete dysfunction

• Semi-functional

• Healthy and functional family

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I come from a semi-functional family . My parents used to have serious verbal arguments a lot of times over some some stuff my father continues to do . It bought me a lot of shame and trauma .
What about you ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Completely dysfunctional. My parents hated each other and their kids. My dad is on his third marriage. He wants nothing to do with me. My mom is a 77 year old chain smoking meth head with the maternal instinct of an ice cube. My family of origin is completely dissolved. The only blood relative I talk to is my mom but if I don't call her she'll never call me. Most of the time it just ends in an argument. She makes no effort to hide her hostility towards me anymore. I could fill pages and pages of the dysfunction. Understandably I've suffered from severe depression my whole life. My life has been a complete trainwreck and a waste. Kids need love and encouragement. I got violence, hate, neglect and abandonment.

• Aww..
Reactions: MeltingBrain
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd say semi-functional. Stuff happened when I was young to create massive rifts in my family. There is someone I believe to be a narcissist who I never want to see again- I'm sure they feel exactly the same way. That definintely caused friction and still creates distance with some people. It's not to the extent of wanting to cut ties with all of them but it certainly isn't normal.

It's an interesting poll. I wonder if anyone will consider themselves to be from a healthy family background. I'm sure that a lot of our problems develop early on. Not having that support when we are developing or worse- experiencing abuse, neglect or abandonment really doesn't give us a good foundation.

Honestly- it annoys me. Obviously not in all cases- I'm sure some families do their upmost to support one another and people still CTB. Still- when those who have been neglectful or abusive play the shocked and devastated card after that person CTB, that really pisses me off. Even worse- when they turn round and blame everyone but themselves.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, the family has always functioned fine, I just hate how they burdened me with the ability to suffer in this existence that is all, procreation is so harmful.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am and MeltingBrain