N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I recently censor me a lot. I try to avoid a lot of suicide related topics because I am scared to get in trouble or someone would use it in order to present me in a bad light.
I would have liked to make a thread about Kurt Cobain's "It is better to burn out than to fade away." I don't even agree with Kurt Cobain on that. I am rather opposed to it. But I would only make a nuanced thread. Yeah and I don't want that someone would use this nuanced take against me.
Yeah lately I am really paranoid about everything. Since the NYT story I am really paranoid.

This is one reason why I post a lot in off topic. It is quite sad. I sometimes have the need to talk about suicidality but I don't do it. I don't want to spread too much negativity. But posting in off-topic is still way better than nothing.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I censor myself in all forms of communication- you may on an impulse want to say something and then realize it is too harsh or whatever, that it can be interpreted in a negative way you didn't mean, or whatever. There are various boundaries to try to avoid hurting other people and you need to decide when you should or should not cross them- not only out of concern for others, but out of concern for yourself based on backlash that you may receive. free speech always has limitations.