P

patati157

May 21, 2019
My mom said to me if I suicide I would destroy her life forever.
I think that is one reason that is holding me up.
My parents do really care about me. I feel sorry for them, Im such a disappointment.

What about you guys, do you care on the impact your suicide would cause to your parents?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764, Orin, moonli8t and 6 others
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Honestly, I feel "beyond" caring whether or not they care. They didn't care when they were abusing me, if they only care after I die then that's fucking rude. Not saying I wish them pain, it's just not something I'm overly concerned about in my particular case because they created a lot of this problem. Anything they feel probably has more to do with their own deficiencies and regrets than with me, honestly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Scribble Fan, Trainstation and 8 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Yes I do. No child should die before their parents.

They do not know my struggle and they do not know how to help me

Reactions: On the edge, Vidar33, AtomicNewt and 3 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
They are (mainly) the only reason I'm waiting. They try so hard every day to help me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Maravillosa, birdiecoco and 9 others
「 」

「 」

May 31, 2019
just recently had that thought come up again and in my case I prefer not even dwelling too much on it.

in any case, she has already had to endure so many horrible deaths from friends of family and even her own family that I think she'll take it well. you can't get that far in life without accepting death is always just around the corner.

in a way i also spite her a little because she doesn't understand the depth of my depression and how much of a "failure" i am, in a capitalist worldview kinda way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation, Kjo and whyidon'tknow
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Not one iota.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation and suffering
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I will leave them money for 10 funerals.
And they wont even find my body.
I lived 35 years. Thats 35 more then I wanted.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Trainstation, Ruffian and 2 others
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Yeah that's one more problem i have to make it even more difficult to make a decision...

• Hugs
Reactions: On the edge, Trainstation, AtomicNewt and 2 others
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Yes for mom.

She already suffered the death of her first husband (my father) by suicide. She's a fighter, no doubt about it. But I think she'll endure. Nothing seems to be able to break her stride. At least, not for long.

Also, she's very aware of my condition and simply feels there's nothing she can do but stay supportive and loving. I guess she's right.

That said, this really resonates with me:

in a way i also spite her a little because she doesn't understand the depth of my depression and how much of a "failure" i am, in a capitalist worldview kinda way.

She's just so positive, full of such belief and so proud of her son who has traveled the world, lived his dreams, etc..
She can't see beyond that enough to realize, when the work dries up and my inevitable health issues start to become a starker reality - I won't have a pot to piss in & my travel stories aren't gonna pay any bills.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Darkhaven, Rukia and 5 others
S

Swoods

Apr 21, 2019
I have spen so long without them giving a shit about me, I really don't care about them anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Trainstation, lululoo and 1 other person
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
Yes. Its the only real thing keeping me from ending it. I guess I will just wait till my mom dies, or I get past the point of caring. She lived through so much shit I can't imagine her finding me dead.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Maravillosa and Trainstation
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
No.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
My parents do really care about me. I feel sorry for them, Im such a disappointment.

What about you guys, do you care on the impact your suicide would cause to your parents?
In a way. But I have faith that they will understand my choices, and if they don't, not really my problem

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Trainstation, lululoo and 1 other person
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
They've been dead for years.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Trainstation, wanttodie and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
No. They're deceased.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation, inconsequential and Soul
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
no been dead for years

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Trainstation, inconsequential and 1 other person
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019

If I offend you by this, I apologize, as I am only trying to help. A suicide would definitely have a devastating effect on a parent, but we have suicide in my family. I can't imagine my aunt ever saying such a thing to her son. I know I don't know your mom, and it's not like there's an instructional manual that indicates what to do in these situations. I don't know what has brought you to this website or what is making you suicidal. I would agree with a large # of people on the site that it should be considered a last option, and we support you in your freewill to do so. Now here's the part where I sound like a horrible person because I'm daring to attack the sacred cow of motherhood. I think it's very manipulative of her to say you would ruin her life forever. Of course she will never forgot you, what kind of a sick human being wouldn't remember the date her child died? To me her answer doesn't begin to address the problem, and I realize in some cultures disobeying your parents is one or the worst sins there is. But if that is her only response, then all she is saying is that she has no other reason to live than you. There are deeper problems that may make you want to stay alive even if it's just to get some kind of understanding of how selfish of a statement that is. I think you and I may have some cultural differences, and I don't know how old you are. But for the most part, a messed up adolescent or young adult in therapy will always involve bringing in the parents. And believe me, they try to let everyone say their piece, but they let you know they are on your side no matter what. Now of course as a professional if you say anything indicating you may try to commit suicide when you're out of their sight, then they do have to call emergency services. As annoying as it sounds, and as annoying as most mental health providers are, they do believe they can get you better. They're just stuck in a system as broken as every other system that truly wishes to help people.

I've had good therapists and bad therapists, but they all had one thing in common: they all agreed that the seeds were sown long before your young adulthood in order for you to turn out feeling like a suicidal young person. I'm not trying to disrespect your mom, and some stuff is so culturally ingrained we can't always step back and see how deeply if affects us. I know a lot of movies I could recommend, but I managed to gather that you are male, so I don't know if they will help. I don't like sharing a lot of personal stuff online, but I feel like maybe it will help you. I had a cousin who used to babysit me when I was around 6. Any time my sister & I got out of line or refused to go to bed she would tell us she knew someone with a gun who would come over and shoot us. Now, at that time, our other babysitter (who we loved) actually couldn't babysit us because she had a restraining order on her ex-husband. We watched her ex-husband beat the shit out of her in the street until the cops arrived. She had actually taken us to his house the week before when she knew he wouldn't be home to get some of her stuff. It was the first time in my life I had ever seen a gun. (Now I think, why the hell would she show us that?) There are very few times in my life I can remember being that afraid.

I know I didn't answer your questions directly, but part of it is my point. I don't know how old you are, what your situation is, hell, what even part of of the world you're from. Even that wouldn't help too much - I suck at Geography and politics. But for her to say that it would destroy her life forever is just so selfish. Has she opened a dialogue with you about why you want to kill yourself? (Well, truthfully, start small, like saying you feel depressed or something - we definitely don't want you to end up locked in a psych ward.) She doesn't sound easy to talk to - I'm not trying to be nosy, but is your dad around and is he easier to talk to? Or is part of the problem the fact that maybe he's not around? Again, I know these are really personal questions, and it's fine if you're not comfortable discussing them with a random stranger over the internet. But you're mom is basically laying a guilt trip onto someone who is obviously very susceptible to such manipulation. I could be way of the mark here. If you're not comfortable talking in an open forum, you can always PM me.

You should be one of the most important things your mother has ever done in her life. She should love you unconditionally and with her entire heart. And in her favor, if you do go on and commit suicide, it is probably the hardest thing she will ever have to get over. But to say she will never get over it is making you an emotional hostage.

"My parents do really care about me. I feel sorry for them, Im such a disappointment." This is my final concern regarding what you wrote. If your parents do really care about you, then the feeling like a disappointment probably comes more from you than it does from them. I know SS has members from all over the world, so I try to be sensitive about that. I know having a mental illness is an absolutely horrible fate in a lot of countries. I mean, it sucks in the states, but we at least try to pretend like we care with our stupid fundraising and "awareness" camapaigns.

I know this was a long post, and I hope it helped a little bit. I think I wrote earlier in the post, please PM me if you would like to talk some more.

Take care.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Trainstation and Kjo
Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
So much. I love them so much.

But I only see myself as torturing them with my endless depression. They can't help. They feel so sad for me. I mess up all the time. Idk.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: moonli8t, Trainstation, AtomicNewt and 2 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I care about them but know they are strong enough to cope. I hate that I have to hurt them, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation, AtomicNewt, Kjo and 1 other person
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
No.
I asked for help, I tried to avoid this situation and they turned their backs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation, AtomicNewt and lululoo
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
No, not anymore. I've come to realization that both of them are sociopaths... Any negative consequences they will have to deal with after I CTB is simply karma.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, suffering, Trainstation and 1 other person
Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
My family and friends are the reason why I haven't caught the bus yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weems, Trainstation, whyidon'tknow and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
My family and friends are the reason why I haven't caught the bus yet.

I feel sorry for you. Because by having such family and friends, puts you in a very difficult position.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trainstation and Kjo
Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
I feel sorry for you. Because by having such family and friends, put in a very difficult position.

If my family knew the real me, they'd hate him. They wouldn't hate me, but they would hate the real me; the proud unapologetic queer. They would pray to god to fix me everyday because they could never bring themselves to hate me.

• Hugs
Reactions: moonli8t, Trainstation, 「 」 and 1 other person
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I actually have held on because of what it would do to them but I honestly cannot hold on forever and things will have to happen regardless. I'm sorry I even lasted this long, hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation and Kjo
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
In my situation I believe I would be better as a memory.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trainstation, AtomicNewt and Kjo
E

ephemeral_life

Jun 8, 2019

No, not at all. I'm a product of my upbringing, in terms of my character/personality (anxious and depressed directly because of them). They keep pushing the narrative of "be responsible" but they don't realize how fucked up I am because of their direct actions. I guess I'll "be responsible" and take control of my own life and not care what they think

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trainstation, AtomicNewt, whyidon'tknow and 1 other person
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
No, not at all. I'm a product of my upbringing, in terms of my character/personality (anxious and depressed directly because of them). They keep pushing the narrative of "be responsible" but they don't realize how fucked up I am because of their direct actions. I guess I'll "be responsible" and take control of my own life and not care what they think

I can relate

• Hugs
Reactions: Trainstation, Final Escape, Kjo and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If my family knew the real me, they'd hate him. They wouldn't hate me, but they would hate the real me; the proud unapologetic queer. They would pray to god to fix me everyday because they could never bring themselves to hate me.
For me, all I had to do is refuse to be their slave and they all hate me now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crystal Labeija, Trainstation and Final Escape
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

My dad is dead, I've already told my mom that I plan to end my life when I am an old man, but before I loose my dignity. She was discouraging me at first, but then she reached the point where she wasn't discouraging me. Part of the reason why is that I am already in my mid 30's, plus she has other children. Also she knows that I have dealt with health conditions for a long time.

I tell you what, if I took my life when I was young, yes that probably would have put a big hole in her heart. But circumstances have changed.

If you really are suffering and you have tried to get better as much as possible then I would just hold out as long as possible just for families sake. But really you should try to get better.

For me the question of if I care about my parents is better asked as - Do I care if I succeed in life? That is a much better question to ask. IDK but I am going to try.

What have you tried to get better with?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Maravillosa and Trainstation