SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
honestly, I put in so much effort to not be a "waste of space." I worked hard, helped others, tried my best to do better for others than I do for myself…. All it has done is lead me to where I am now.

I don't know if anyone's community is different and hope it is, but I worked in a place that said their staff were important to them. Even though they regularly let the ones who disappeared from their work area, constantly leaving others to do their work, to do all the overtime. It "looked" like they were working hard, but it was all a lie.

I refused to do overtime because I was a victim of these worthless people. I'd see them in supervisors offices or in other work areas socializing while the rest of us worked to the bone. Especially if you were friends of the right people you were given whatever you wanted. Since I didn't put up with it I was always at the bottom.

Those who knew about it didn't say anything because they didn't want to get "involved" and have their name drug through the mud. They were scared.

Now I'm a "shut in" looking for my CTB soon and when I'm gone all they will remember me as will be the mentally unstable person and not the one who tried to make his work area better for those who worked like I did. They will bury this under the rug and not take responsibility for it.

I can't say you're lucky because I am not you and not living your life. I feel worthless because no matter how much I tried to change my life and I was constantly stomped on to shut up. They will make me out to be this shitty waste of space of a person so they can continue to run the way they want. Doesn't matter that a lot of people that work there say the same thing, but they bury their head so they don't get it next. Those same people are in therapy and taking psych meds, alcoholics, addicts, or telling themselves and others "it will get better eventually" while it gets worse around them.

Those "high-value" people are not who you think they are. Public view is always going to be buttered up.

Whatever path you choose in life I hope you find the peace you are looking for. You deserve that!❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: lemonbunny
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
Now I'm a "shut in" looking for my CTB soon and when I'm gone all they will remember me as will be the mentally unstable person and not the one who tried to make his work area better for those who worked like I did. They will bury this under the rug and not take responsibility for it
Damn, I'm sorry. They might make you out to be the bad guy, but I believe deep down in their conscience they will know they're in the wrong. And in the end, you have contributed far more by being the bigger person and doing your job properly. On behalf of them, thank you for being the good person every workplace needs. This world is seriously fucked

E

End Durance

Jul 18, 2023
I don't believe humans have value, not meaning to insult anyone, I just don't see how we're any different than the other animals on this earth outside being able to think a bit more about our actions.

But I do believe that some people such as I just don't contribute anything meaningful to society. I don't have any works that will outlive me, I can't have children, and I'm just too old to start practicing a skill. Better I step aside and let someone capable do more with the resources meant for me.

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
depends completely on what you're looking at. blood donations? be best if you were O blood. ability to get sexual partners? charisma and attractiveness. good long term partner? stable financials, nice personality. contributions to the human race? humanitarian efforts, innovative talent. oxygen conservation? stop breathing.
(shortened list of values for many of these, but i can go on and on)
anyhow, everyone's a waste of space in some way. you can take Gandhi, an overall great humanitarian, who had a strange habit of sleeping with young girls including his niece to supposedly test his celibacy. other supposedly great value people like Elon Musk and Jackie Chan, who were clearly not great fathers. Albert Einstein, who cheated on his wife... with his first cousin.
there's just no need to categorize yourself as just a waste of space. and if you want to think about resource allocation, you can start donating your poop or fertilize some farm. then you're probably being a better use of resources than most humans have been in their lifetime.

• Yay!
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
there's just no need to categorize yourself as just a waste of space. and if you want to think about resource allocation, you can start donating your poop or fertilize some farm. then you're probably being a better use of resources than most humans have been in their lifetime.
i will donate my shit and become superior to gandhi

• Love
Reactions: rainseahorse
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
You're not a waste of space. I don't want to tell you what to do with your life but you're not a waste of space.

"The only normal people are those you don't know very well."
— Peter Dinklage

• Love
S

shatteredlife

Dec 10, 2022
I put my worth in how much I mean to others. Sometimes I feel like I don't mean anything to anyone. Nobody would truly be at a loss at my death. I have a large family that I moved away when I went into the military 30 years ago and I see them when I go home to visit. But none of them have ever came to see me or call me. I am not even missed enough to reach out to. I do not even possess enough value to be missed.

• Hugs
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Yes. It's something I think about often as I look around and compare everyone to myself. Imo everyone has the same worth at the start but it'll go up or down depending on your choices in life. Factors like the amount of pain you cause, the amount of resources (besides simply money) lost on you, and the amount of things you have actually contributed can raise or lower it. I can't apply any examples as I've only thought about what exactly makes me as worthless as I know I am.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Yes. It's something I think about often as I look around and compare everyone to myself. Imo everyone has the same worth at the start but it'll go up or down depending on your choices in life. Factors like the amount of pain you cause, the amount of resources (besides simply money) lost on you, and the amount of things you have actually contributed can raise or lower it. I can't apply any examples as I've only thought about what exactly makes me as worthless as I know I am.
I would agree but rich people are so awful it seems to balance out

Reactions: lemonbunny and passivethought121
Z

Zaljko

Oct 17, 2019
- i was definitely asking for subjective opinions with this thread more than objective ones. like, in your day-to-day life, what constitutes YOUR judgements of people.
oh, in that case, I'm worthless because I'm not good at what society says is important. My personality is not such that it correlates to how a person has to be in order to be successful in so many endeavors. If you're a pushy, narcissistic, self-centered, highly intelligent (in math, science, etc.) egotist, then you will do very well in this world. If you are a man with such traits you will get tons of women, also.

All that is part of the reason why I want to die - and get as far away from this fucked up society as I can.

Reactions: sserafim and lemonbunny