• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Do you? If so, what are you actively doing to make things better? What do you think gives you hope that it will?

If not, why don't you think so? What makes you not have hope?

ATM I'm passively suicidal, I wouldn't do it myself. If I died in a car accident or tripped and land wrong on my neck, I wouldn't be mad about it.

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
Honestly I think things could potentially get better. I think life can be really unpredictable sometimes. Things like kindness from people, art, and my favorite video games, movies, etc give me hope. I'm not actively doing things to make it better tbh, I haven't refilled my meds and honestly I'm so tired of trying, I feel ready to leave this earth soon. I know it's probably silly. But even if I knew things would get better in the future I still want to ctb. I might end up feeling differently but that's how I feel rn. Thank u for making this thread :) it will be interesting to see how people respond

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Honestly I think things could potentially get better. I think life can be really unpredictable sometimes. Things like kindness from people, art, and my favorite video games, movies, etc give me hope. I'm not actively doing things to make it better tbh, I haven't refilled my meds and honestly I'm so tired of trying, I feel ready to leave this earth soon. I know it's probably silly. But even if I knew things would get better in the future I still want to ctb. I might end up feeling differently but that's how I feel rn. Thank u for making this thread :) it will be interesting to see how people respond
I think I have hope of things getting better because I want to travel and have new experiences. That gives me a reason to keep going, I like exploring.

I don't have hope because life is not a fairy tale. I have to work to earn money to make thoes experiences happen. But working everyday for 2 weeks of vacation time a year? Absolutely unnatural and I reject it. I don't want to work till I die. It's monotonous, unnatural and down right cruel.

I'd rather take my life into my own hands when im ready. Fuck working till death

ignoranceisblisss

ignoranceisblisss

Feb 6, 2024
I think things will only get better if I do something about it, but what that something is I don't really know! The only thing I know is no one's coming to save me and that realization has been both comforting and depressing. I set an age to reach and if things don't get better then I'll just catch everyone in the next life :)

I'm passively suicidal the same as you, not gonna do it to myself but if I die saving someone or stopping something bad from happening then I'd be pretty content.

Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
I assume that in a few years I will become vehemently suicidal. For now my suffering is moderate but it is gradually getting worse; the future is like a black cloud to me. I'm getting more and more sick and isolating myself (for six years).

I swore that if I stayed still, things would get better by themselves, but now I see that nothing will change if I don't go after it. Social circumstances crumble to my disfavor.

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Honestly, I don't think things will get better. But then again, I'm pretty pessimistic, so what do I know? I continue to live because I may be wrong. I don't think things will get better, but what if they do? Nothing is impossible, so theoretically, it could. And I owe it to myself to try!

So, in order for me to live to see the days that may be better, I'm not killing myself. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I'm always profoundly and perpetually sad beyond what words can describe, and maybe I will always be that way, but I'm not giving up on myself. I wake up every day and do what I can, even when it's hard. Hopefully I can do more than that in the future, but for now, that's all I can do. And I have some comfort in knowing that if all of that fails, then I have a plan for that, too.

I would also say I'm passively suicidal, but it's so complicated. As relieving as the thought of not being around anymore has always been, it's also scary. It probably doesn't make sense but I don't feel satisfied with my existence, and as much as that makes me want to die, it also makes me not want to die.

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
I assume that in a few years I will become vehemently suicidal. For now my suffering is moderate but it is gradually getting worse; the future is like a black cloud to me. I'm getting more and more sick and isolating myself (for six years).

I swore that if I stayed still, things would get better by themselves, but now I see that nothing will change if I don't go after it. Social circumstances crumble to my disfavor.
If you don't fundamentally change your life, things will never get better. It's fucking hard as well. I'm not trying to give pseudo-advice or pseudo-hope or whatever but it's real. Change is fucking hard to do. I hate it

Last edited:
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
There will be uos and downs. There will be more adversity, and for some people, things could still get significantly worse.

But. We learn. Coping techniques. We understand ourselves better. Other people. We learn how to manipulate systems better.

Not just that, but we adapt. We get used to our situation. We begin to accept things the way they are.

I've been seeing psychiatrists for 25 years. No progress has made me pessimistic. But. We're still trying more medications. There is hope that we'll still find something that works

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I think things will get worse. It's like I have a rare treasure that's allll mine. But I'm likely to lose it, as the finest treasures in this world are oft unstable...

But I can increase my capacity for suffering. Because most people don't have this treasure, and they're more/less ok. And I can hunt for treasures, even if they won't rise to this level

WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
I think it could, i do not think it will get worse as long as i do what seems right to me to make my life the more bearable.
I can hardly imagine a bright future in wich i will be genuinely happy but I can still do my best to make things the best I can.

Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
It depends but for me personally not a chance. I mean hell not like I ever had one to begin with so. But I'm really sorry to all and your pains/traumas.

N

needpeace18

Feb 12, 2024
I suffer from mental illness - a personality disorder specifically. Despite the propaganda from big pharma and the therapeutic community there is little hope of living normally for the severely mentally ill. It's almost cruel, in my opinion, to suggest otherwise.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I agree and subject people to harsh treatments like a guinea pig
I suffer from mental illness - a personality disorder specifically. Despite the propaganda from big pharma and the therapeutic community there is little hope of living normally for the severely mentally ill. It's almost cruel, in my opinion, to suggest ot

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
I suffer from mental illness - a personality disorder specifically. Despite the propaganda from big pharma and the therapeutic community there is little hope of living normally for the severely mentally ill. It's almost cruel, in my opinion, to suggest otherwise.
I agree. It's propaganda that people with mental illness can live a normal life. I can only speak of my own personal experiences; While I don't think I'll ever be able to live a normal life, I do think I can make life more bearable.

N

needpeace18

Feb 12, 2024
I agree. It's propaganda that people with mental illness can live a normal life. I can only speak of my own personal experiences; While I don't think I'll ever be able to live a normal life, I do think I can make life more bearable.
True. It can become more bearable. What do you suffer from?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
True. It can become more bearable. What do you suffer from?
I have Persistent Depressive Disorder but recently it is suspected I have Bipolar 2. I also have a panic disorder w/slight agoraphobia. Fun stuff man.

Your self?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
C

CoffeeN

Feb 11, 2024
Short answer- the Messier your room,tougher to clean it up.
I think I heard somewhere you become the best version of yourself at your low. Now the truth you might be able to come out of your messy room ,but there is a high chance you will be suicidal again . It's a cycle , it's life. Now find the cause of ur downfall, give it fixed* time to think about each day, rest of the day focus on improving ur life.
Short answer- the Messier your room,tougher to clean it up.
I think I heard somewhere you become the best version of yourself at your low. Now the truth you might be able to come out of your messy room ,but there is a high chance you will be suicidal again . It's a cycle , it's life. Now find the cause of ur downfall, give it fixed* time to think about each day, rest of the day focus on improving ur life.
Oh yeah I forgot to add whenever u feel depressed while working , just leave the work cry or write somewhere... Just leave it. Look for tips on quora

Reactions: VampQueen
Nori

Nori

Nori
Dec 23, 2023
I hope things do. I've been at some crazy lows so I know there have been and will be crazy highs!

F

fafnir_lol

Feb 11, 2024
I'm not sure if things will get better for myself, it always feels like I fall down everytime I try to better myself. A bad upbringing combined with family stuff has probably contributed to much of that, along with them demonizing/not understanding mental health. I hope things can get better for other people, but there's winners and losers in life and I believe that I am one of the losers. Not everyone has to win at life and that's ok. I gain happiness from helping other people and my friends in any way that I can but there is not much I can do for myself. I can still hope for a better future for others even if it seems bleak for some people. Earth is a cruel place and it's unfortunate that we as humans find so much difficulty in being happier together. I am sorry to hear about everyone's sufferings and I hope things will get better for all.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Things can get better, but they can also still get worse again even after they get better. The hedonic treadmill is an ever present threat to stability when it comes to quality of life.

It might get better for some people though.

EyeBeyond

EyeBeyond

Beyond Galaxy
Dec 3, 2023
Do you? If so, what are you actively doing to make things better? What do you think gives you hope that it will?

If not, why don't you think so? What makes you not have hope?

ATM I'm passively suicidal, I wouldn't do it myself. If I died in a car accident or tripped and land wrong on my neck, I wouldn't be mad about it.
I think its a matter of finding reasons to be alive. when you have a deep sense of purpose in your life, nothing can stop you, it's about finding a "because", justify why you want to wake up and persue your dreams, what gives you joy. Thats definetely one strong reason why I do not want to ctb anymore and yes, I'm doing things, taking action towards my goals, and that makes me feel a lot better than I used to feel, bamck when I was suicidal and depressed, I think, I still I am depressed and suicidal because it has been few months since I got better, im not taking meds anymore and Im back in a health routine, feel glad for all of this, and this bad experience feeling bad and depressed just made me more stronger, I'm glad for experiencing it, life is not all about happiness and satisfaction, we certainly have more challenges and difificult moments in life, many strunggles and challenges to face, but thats something good if you change your perception, because only during the suffering you can enhance your skills, become stronger to face more challenges.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Frankly at the point where im desperately trying to shift my perspective.
i dont want to hope anymore. Although granted, there are some things that cant be explained by pure logic, i find hope to be bothersome.
am trying to adopt a it-is-what-it-is approach to it. i dont want to feel anything anymore.

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
I don't think so. All the trends I observe right now are not positive. Resources are running out, adverse conditions are increasing, everything is getting tightened down. The available philosophies are inadequate. At a certain moment, it's all going to snap. It's not going to be pretty. Fascism and savagery, out in the open.

Hoping for things to get better implies viewing the world as rational and positive. It implies that one's problems are just bad luck, temporary, and not indicative of a system. I believe directly the opposite.

I am not able to make things better. My suggestions are in dramatic opposition to the status quo and that requires a hell of a charisma to push through, and I can barely have a social interaction without coming across as "weird" to another person. Right now, people will only listen to someone if they're charismatic and sexy, people like me are "losers" to them. In other words, to affect the system you must succeed in the system, which is, of course, nonsense.

They want their apocalypse that badly, they'll get it.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
maybe. idk what will make me happy in the future. or i wouldnt call it happy bc who is actually happy all the time? maybe satisfied is a better word.
maybe success in my career might make me feel better? or having money? or travelling? who knows.
my depression tells me there is no hope but for the sake of my mother i hope that things will get better so i dont have to ctb and ruin her life.