letsalllovelain

letsalllovelain

I wish I were a bird
May 10, 2023
All I see in life in the in-and-out, wake up, go to place of work or education, go home, watch the same bullshit media and daily brainrot, sleep, repeat. I'm fucking sick of it. Therapists ask over and over if anything happened that made me suicidal, if I got bullied or anything like that, but I just shrug and say no. How am I in the minority, how is the "normal" worldview that the structure of society is completely fine, that if you want to die, you just have a "chemical imbalance".

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress, SexyIncél, squirley and 3 others
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
I think people who do "put up" with this mundane, boring life are those who've essentially brainwashed themselves to not think too hard about this fact, to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. That's why journaling about what you're grateful about or the good things that happened to you today is such a popular method; it allows you to not focus on the repetitive, and usually exploitative, nature of modern life.

How am I in the minority, how is the "normal" worldview that the structure of society is completely fine, that if you want to die, you just have a "chemical imbalance".
The people want to be happy, and you're shattering their illusion by simply pointing out these facts about society and understandably being affected by the true nature of it. However, this "minority" is slowly growing due to the current situation of the world.

Reactions: msocks and squirley
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that wanting suicide is a perfectly logical response to enduring existence, to me it's absurd to desire something so unappealing and futile as existing where humans basically go round in circles repeating the same tasks until they decay from old age. To me existence is nothing more than an unnecessary burden, and even if there wasn't the risk of experiencing even more extreme suffering at any moment, the feelings of dissatisfaction and emptiness would always remain.

In my case I certainly have enough awareness to recognise that existence could never be worth enduring and of course continuing to exist should be viewed as a personal choice rather than an obligation, seeing existence for what it truly is could never be an "illness", the illness is instead not accepting suicide as a perfectly valid option.

Reactions: myusername890