• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Slaanesh

Slaanesh

Memento mori
Oct 23, 2019
SSRI's never really worked for me, but I know other people who had good experiences with them, so I'm not going to run around calling all antidepressants a scam.

Honestly, the meds that really worked were typically benzos, but those can have some serious side effects, and it's waaay too easy to get addicted.

Reactions: Fragile
T

TheBestUsernameEver

Student
Dec 26, 2021
To be fair sertraline is working wonders for me.

Reactions: TotallyIsolated and *Justanotherone*
*Justanotherone*

*Justanotherone*

Dec 14, 2021
Yes, they do works. But it sometimes take time to find the best one for you. Ofcourse they have side effects (especially in first 2-3 weeks) and the result isn't usually quick (-/+ 3 weeks). There are not perfect. They won't solve your life problems. They can give you relief and energy to stan up on your feet and get right steps to change it while it's not very possible during major depressive epizod.

Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I'm currently on a combination of drugs, including an SSRI.

Several years ago, I was on a similar combination of psychiatric medicines and they did help me recover.

I guess the answer is "it depends". Not only on the particular SSRI, but also the other drugs that are prescribed along with it.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
define "work":
that a treatment is, on average, superior to placebo in a statistically significant sense, when adherence rate is good (i.e. reasonably low drop-out rate), and results evaluated over the length of time people are expected to follow with this treatment. with the harms subsequently studied, informed, prevented when possible, and suitably addressed following protocols developed.

it's possible to argue that *any* treatment there is doesn't work, *if* we're talking about individuals. and medicine works like that. every harm caused is 100% levered onto the MH client. it is for this reason that psychoeducation, informed consent, structuring feedback, and damage control are paramount.

but it's also clear as day that we don't have these things in place in our system. that antidepressants and antipsychotics are given out carelessly to make us less of a "problem" or a "burden". that the amount of ableism, gaslighting, victim blaming in the MH field is appalling. that so many of us on SS are psychiatric survivors/victims. that addressing the social realities we live in is more looking at the root cause, than having everyone put on smiley faces in unbearable social conditions. that prevention is always superior than treatment. to have us not being forced to dig our own graves, than "preventing" us being buried into or jumping into it.

drugs never ever worked compared to *these* things. social changes and anti-ableism.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
A

AverageFellaEnjoyer

Dec 14, 2021
Reactions: TotallyIsolated
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
ya they work...: at overcoming SI and wanting to die asap!