L

LonelyTurkey

Each day is more exhasuting than the last
Jul 6, 2023
I don't even know how to explain this. It just feels like I almost want people to feel bad for me. I fantasize about someone holding me and telling me everything will be okay. When I feel awful sometimes I wonder why no one notices and helps me. Or maybe I want someone to notice and help me. I'm unsure. It almost feels like I feel bad for myself but I just can't tell. I feel so awful that I just want someone to tell me everything will be okay. I follow some streamers that'll give positive affirmations and I occasionally tear up bc it feels like I'm being acknowledged. I really don't know. I'm going to start therapy sometime in august I think. Hopefully it helps some. I guess I'm just venting.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nomennescio, Marine, EternalShore and 6 others
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
I fantasize about someone holding me and telling me everything will be okay.
i want this so bad. and i want it to not be a lie, that it'll actually be ok.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Marine, cgrtt.brns, LonelyTurkey and 2 others
AvoidingMyself

AvoidingMyself

AvPD
Jul 7, 2023
It seems to me that you want somebody to listen and care about you; somebody to help you weather the storm, which is perfectly normal imho

I hope therapy works out for you

D

Danique

Jul 8, 2023
I have often thought that I wanted people to feel bad for me, but the few times that someone actually pitied/comforted/reassured me, it was just anoying..

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i feel/have felt this way a lot of the time for a long time. ive questioned myself too, whether im just attention seeking and want people to feel bad for me.
but reading what u wrote, it just sounds like you just want someone to care. not that you want them to feel bad for u, but u want them to help u. if u just wanted people to feel bad for u, u wouldnt want someone to hold u and tell u its ok, ud just want them to be in pain bc ur in pain if that makes sense. there is a difference between the two, im sorry if i cant articulate it properly but you definitely dont just want ppl to feel bad for u.
its completely understandable to want someone to care, we all need someone to care for us especially when we cant do it ourselves. and its understandable how one can mistake that want for care as selfishness or attention seeking, but in reality its neither of those things, its a normal human need and its a reasonable request that everyone makes.
personally ive found this mindset stems from neglect as a child. being told either directly or indirectly that i didnt deserve the care i needed, it manifested into me believing that those needs are unreasonable for me to have, and that i must have some ulterior motive for wanting those needs met. when in reality its just basic human needs. idk whether this is the same for u but i thought id add that just incase it helps u figure out why u feel this way if that makes sense.
i hope therapy goes well for u, i wish you all the best.

H

HonestAbe

Jul 3, 2023
You said it. It's acknowledgement. It's normal for someone sad, depressed or what have you to want to just simply be acknowledged that they are there, are in pain or somebody gives a crap.

I think it's a normal feeling even if we think it's not. We're only human. It's bad out there and all most seem to care about is themselves and their phones.

FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I think therapy would work well for you. Have you talked to anyone about what you're going through? I used to feel this way and once I told the people close to me it got a lot easier to deal with.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I think therapy would work well for you. Have you talked to anyone about what you're going through? I used to feel this way and once I told the people close to me it got a lot easier to deal with.
I've been thinking about this lately and have found a over 50+ support group for Mentally ill peep's that runs once a week. I sometimes feel like it would be a helpful thing to do to alleviate some of the pressure l'm feeling but then l remember all the previous times l reached out for help and got crapped on and l absolutely refuse to go through that again! So how do people's manage to move on from their current predicament?

FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I've been thinking about this lately and have found a over 50+ support group for Mentally ill peep's that runs once a week. I sometimes feel like it would be a helpful thing to do to alleviate some of the pressure l'm feeling but then l remember all the previous times l reached out for help and got crapped on and l absolutely refuse to go through that again! So how do people's manage to move on from their current predicament?
Support groups should be a lot more accepting and specialized in actually helping you, if you are interested in it you might as well try it.

• Informative
Reactions: LONE WOLF.
L

LonelyTurkey

Each day is more exhasuting than the last
Jul 6, 2023
I try to but there isn't really anyone I trust enough. I just feel ashamed and like I'm a bother. No one has proved me otherwise or expressed much of any concern. I'm hoping therapy can help since they have to pretend to care.

• Love
Reactions: alonely