Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Sorry. I debated for a while. But I guess I'll just do it. I don't care anymore. I need to get it out somehow. This isn't going to make sense to anyone and no one should read this embarrassing drabble. I just want to scream at the void and pretend it matters for my own silly ego.

Love.

Stupid, stupid love. It's an ideal. A wish, a hope. Something I've craved my whole life. Something I always wanted. Maybe it was selfish of me. Maybe it was idealistic. Narcissistic, even.

What kind of love did I want? What kind of love did I hope to provide?

Unconditional, Endless Devotion.

I wanted to be able to give my every breath, life, and soul to someone. To live for them. To be theirs, to serve their wishes, their dreams, to put their needs above mine. To be a slave to them, to make them happy. To devote each thought of each hour to that person. To give them everything. What did I want back? Selfishly, I wanted to be someone's favorite. To be someone's first choice, all the time. To be the one closest to them and their soul, and for my soul to be closest to theirs. Didn't have to be romantic. Could have been familial. It didn't matter. I lusted for this kind of connection, this feeling. I think I based every decision in my life around clinging, desperately, debasing myself, enslaving myself to the wills of others.

Tossed aside. Used. Unneeded. Unhealthy. Clingy. Overly attached. Too intense, too dramatic, too everything and not enough "not me". Who would want someone like me? An emotional vampire, draining from everyone. A fraud, a liar, a fake that only pretended to be devoted, pretended because they wanted someone to love them.

I deserved it. I deserved it for wishing to touch the moon and make it mine. To reach for something too far away, too big, too majestic for someone like me. An ideal like true devoted love? What kind of silly joke was that? I didn't deserve it. But in my pride, thinking that I was good enough to be loved, I was given proper punishment. Hurt, abused, abandoned, broken. But I can't help but keep hoping. Keep praying that maybe I could reach the moon. Without my search for this moon, I am empty and without purpose. I'm not even alive, not in any meaningful way. Dusty furniture. An unused glass. A doll in an unopened box, forgotten.

I don't deserve to gaze up at the moon. I never had the right. Why did I think I could? Why did I think I could ever truly matter on the level I wanted? Why couldn't I have just been born normal, someone with average hopes for love, and average expectations for love. Why did I need to be someone who needed to own the moon?

Broken, unfixible, a princess of lies, unwilling to settle for anything less than the royal charming she set her eyes on, no matter how unrealistic, how stupid, how undserving she was.

I have to die. It's the only way to stop being the liar princess. It's the only way to stop searching for the moon. I'll just sleep, and the pain will finally end.

Sorry. I hope no one actually read this rant.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, OnlyTheWind, Weeping Garbage Can and 25 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It's very relatable. A painful and isolating feeling, but you're not alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lilacmoon, Heart Shards and 2 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
This hits my feelers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Xocoyotziin, Lilacmoon and 2 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I understand i'm completely broken too ;-; like a bad puppet whos strings are about to break

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lilacmoon and Heart Shards
W

Womps

Nov 1, 2020
My emphatic and clingy tendencies are the reason i think im on this website. My emotions and actions have been the demise of many a friendship and relationship. im always trying to be a good person but getting stepped on unrelentlessly every step of the way. All i seek is love and compassion from another, I miss spending every moment with someone i love deeply, those moments were magical i tell ya, magic. But my overwhelming affection and appreciation is just too much i guess, too clingy. Moral of the story im just a lonesome piece of shit that has learned to not try anymore, I dont like the rollercoaster of emotions ya know, if i cant stay up on the peaks on that coaster then ill just stay down here on the ground and not even get on it. I am where i am because it was my own doing, i fucked the fuck up and keep fucking up and have never learned the skills enough to start fixing it.

I feel your pain and I raise my bottle of the worlds cheapest vodka to ya, cheers

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Silvermorning, Xocoyotziin and 3 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I wish you had found your princess, princess Lilac :aw:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lilacmoon and Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Ms./Mrs. Lilacmoon, don't think what you have to say is stupid or dribble. Your feelings are valid. Maybe owning the moon is an impossibility, but owning your feelings isn't. I am grateful that you reached out, let other know the agony that pervades your mind. I'd rather you let toxic steam escape than have your brain eventually explode. You are NEVER a burden, if anything, you are one of many beacons that bring hope to others on SS. I love you, Sis. My PM box is always open.
Sorry. I debated for a while. But I guess I'll just do it. I don't care anymore. I need to get it out somehow. This isn't going to make sense to anyone and no one should read this embarrassing drabble. I just want to scream at the void and pretend it matters for my own silly ego.

Love.

Stupid, stupid love. It's an ideal. A wish, a hope. Something I've craved my whole life. Something I always wanted. Maybe it was selfish of me. Maybe it was idealistic. Narcissistic, even.

What kind of love did I want? What kind of love did I hope to provide?

Unconditional, Endless Devotion.

I wanted to be able to give my every breath, life, and soul to someone. To live for them. To be theirs, to serve their wishes, their dreams, to put their needs above mine. To be a slave to them, to make them happy. To devote each thought of each hour to that person. To give them everything. What did I want back? Selfishly, I wanted to be someone's favorite. To be someone's first choice, all the time. To be the one closest to them and their soul, and for my soul to be closest to theirs. Didn't have to be romantic. Could have been familial. It didn't matter. I lusted for this kind of connection, this feeling. I think I based every decision in my life around clinging, desperately, debasing myself, enslaving myself to the wills of others.

Tossed aside. Used. Unneeded. Unhealthy. Clingy. Overly attached. Too intense, too dramatic, too everything and not enough "not me". Who would want someone like me? An emotional vampire, draining from everyone. A fraud, a liar, a fake that only pretended to be devoted, pretended because they wanted someone to love them.

I deserved it. I deserved it for wishing to touch the moon and make it mine. To reach for something too far away, too big, too majestic for someone like me. An ideal like true devoted love? What kind of silly joke was that? I didn't deserve it. But in my pride, thinking that I was good enough to be loved, I was given proper punishment. Hurt, abused, abandoned, broken. But I can't help but keep hoping. Keep praying that maybe I could reach the moon. Without my search for this moon, I am empty and without purpose. I'm not even alive, not in any meaningful way. Dusty furniture. An unused glass. A doll in an unopened box, forgotten.

I don't deserve to gaze up at the moon. I never had the right. Why did I think I could? Why did I think I could ever truly matter on the level I wanted? Why couldn't I have just been born normal, someone with average hopes for love, and average expectations for love. Why did I need to be someone who needed to own the moon?

Broken, unfixible, a princess of lies, unwilling to settle for anything less than the royal charming she set her eyes on, no matter how unrealistic, how stupid, how undserving she was.

I have to die. It's the only way to stop being the liar princess. It's the only way to stop searching for the moon. I'll just sleep, and the pain will finally end.

Sorry. I hope no one actually read this rant.
And you're quite the talented poet yourself. I really felt what you were saying.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Ἡγησίας, BitterlyAlive and 3 others
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
This hit me hard. I was lucky to have someone love me unconditionally. He was amazing. But he's gone now, I'm crying while typing. I don't want to live decades without him, even if we were just friends. Damn, it's heart breaking all over again.

I'm so sorry you feel like this, you deserve to smile! You're so kind

Thank you for this, you're amazing at putting things into words. Biggest hugs X

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lilacmoon, opiatedreamz and 3 others
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
relate to this so much, thank you for sharing with us :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Lilacmoon
Deleted member 22650

Deleted member 22650

Student
Oct 7, 2020
I teared up, you sound so poetic, even if it's dark, it's beautiful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Ἡγησίας and Lilacmoon
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Right in muh feelz....

They only loved me back when I provided for them, if I didn't provide, I'm casted out as a stranger. Unconditional love is a myth. Only being that loves you and never discriminates is Death. It embraces all.

• Hugs
  • Love
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You're just too good for this world. People suck. That's the problem. I understand how you feel. It's terribly sad that this is the only way you can find peace. I know you're special. It comes out clearly to me.

• Hugs
Lunabeam90

Lunabeam90

Misanthropic lonely stoner
Nov 24, 2020
hi :) you are not alone. I feel the same way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
What I love about the moon is that one day, it will fall back towards the Earth, break apart and kill everything on this planet. It is both the creator and destroyer.

Not science fiction. Most models show this to be what will happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Ἡγησίας and Meditation guide
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
Almost 1 year later and I haven't forgot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cakes
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This post is really beautifully written. Love is painful, if you love anything, it is just something to lose and cause you pain.

Reactions: Dysgenic Pup
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
This post is really beautifully written. Love is painful, if you love anything, it is just something to lose and cause you pain.
Yes it is. RIP Lilac. One of those people you converse with online and never forget. I don't know why I can't forget.

Reactions: FuneralCry
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Lilac....This showed up randomly and Im almost crying