• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is a good idea for those who are on the road to recovery. Also, given that it would be a recovery Discord server, I think the odds of such a server being shut down is slim as long as Discord ToS are followed and that no CTB related discussion on that server.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
This is a good idea for those who are on the road to recovery. Also, given that it would be a recovery Discord server, I think the odds of such a server being shut down is slim as long as Discord ToS are followed and that no CTB related discussion on that server.
that's what i'm doing! i'm making sure discord can't shut us down.

Reactions: issyishere
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Only thing I imagine would be tough moderating, I run a somewhat big server (1.6k members) and it was really taxing mentally with helping people when they needed to vent. I had to step back and hand over the admining over to other members while i took a break. Whoever decides to make it with genuine good intentions, you have my respect 100%.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Only thing I imagine would be tough moderating, I run a somewhat big server (1.6k members) and it was really taxing mentally with helping people when they needed to vent. I had to step back and hand over the admining over to other members while i took a break. Whoever decides to make it with genuine good intentions, you have my respect 100%.
i'm going to set up a team of mods once we get so many people. i already admin a facebook group and such

Reactions: issyishere
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
i'm going to set up a team of mods once we get so many people. i already admin a facebook group and such
Hope it's successful and that you help alot of people with their recovery! One advice i'd give is a strict no drama policy, create an atmosphere of safety that anyone can go to (:

Reactions: Hyperborean
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
That could be cool.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Hope it's successful and that you help alot of people with their recovery! One advice i'd give is a strict no drama policy, create an atmosphere of safety that anyone can go to (:
already got "don't be a dick" in the rules lol

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
discord is still up for people to join and have fun :)

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
ive only been there 2 days but i can say i like it there and i actually find the people that are there currently to be pretty cool and accepting :)

• Love
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Great server for people who

- Are willing to be silenced about the role of transphobia in suicide

- Are willing to pretend racism isn't a factor driving them to suicide

- Want to be gaslit about how police violence creates more depression and suicide in their communities

- Want to be surrounded by people with no clue of how environmental destruction, landlessness and homelessness create suicide

- Want to be told by sheltered white boys from England how talking about their struggles for survival is "divisive"

Stellar work really. All the silencing and gaslighting of a regular psych ward without any of the trouble of presenting myself as a "danger to self or others" to get into one.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Is it only about recovery? Because I'm not recovering and I joined

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
It's for anyone who's willing to be silenced about the forms of marginalization decimating their communities!
You tried to inject politics into the discord when it's against my server rules because I don't want arguments about politics. If you want to talk about politics goto twitter and not my discord.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
@noaccount there is a mod there that is on the forum. im sure if there was a problem they would have said something about it.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
bro its just one of the rules, dont talk politics. its not that hard
Literally this! It's why I don't want politics in the group. Because as soon as someone doesn't want to hear them drone on they get nasty

FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
Is this for everyone or just those recovering?

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Damn a discord? Sounds cool, I'll check it out.
You're more than welcome in the discord
It's for anyone who's willing to be silenced about the forms of marginalization decimating their communities!

Be aware that this is how people seeking trauma-informed support will be treated. So yeah if you want to be told that it's *naming* white supremacy that's harmful, rather than *enacting* white supremacy that's harmful, you'll fit right in.

View attachment 56707
View attachment 56708
View attachment 56709
View attachment 56710
genius out of context quotes!

the first one is pretty obvious why my no politics rule is in place

second same as the first i don't want politically charged stuff in my discord...

third yep that happens people lie about police brutality all the time.

last ones self explanatory if you look at the reports of what happened.

glad i banned you as you would definitely have caused trouble.

oh and calling me a " sheltered white boy" nice racism there dingus. you have no idea what i've gone through or what i've seen.

Last edited:
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Calling white people white is accurate. Racism involves societal power imbalances, not just personal dislike, and racism is not inflicted by pointing out whiteness.

White people who imagine they "aren't bringing politics into it" by telling people of color that they're imagining how racism effects them,

By calling other survivors in need of support "divisive,"

By literally directly saying that police murder of civilians is often justified,

Are bringing the most vile kind of politics into it,

And are, at the very least, something that everyone should be warned about, in case they are in a vulnerable place and looking for solidarity and/or cultural competency. So I make sure to let them know where they will and won't find it.

Reactions: Frauw and GoneGirl
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Calling white people white is accurate. Racism involves societal power imbalances, not just personal dislike, and racism is not inflicted by pointing out whiteness.

White people who imagine they "aren't bringing politics into it" by telling people of color that they're imagining how racism effects them,

By calling other survivors in need of support "divisive,"

By literally directly saying that police murder of civilians is often justified,

Are bringing the most vile kind of politics into it,

And are, at the very least, something that everyone should be warned about, in case they are in a vulnerable place and looking for solidarity and/or cultural competency. So I make sure to let them know where they will and won't find it.
And this is why I banned you from my discord. Oh racism isn't about power in society ya racist twit!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
so this whole thing about person of color is overrated and i can call them black?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I'm putting them on ignore. They can screech into the void with their stuff. They've only proved my point why I don't want politics in the discord!
im curious what their answer is. i hope its actually logical

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I doubt that since all they've done is strawman me. Still giggling at being called a "sheltered white boy"
even if you are, its not like they dont have their own problems in life, cruel people destroying others lives are every where.

G

GoneGirl

Student
Dec 15, 2020
Hey @noaccount I'm just reading through the thread here & as a black woman please hear me out.

The other people taking part in this conversation are unable & unwilling to open their minds & hearts to what you are saying.

I'm not sure your ethnicity but whatever ethnicity you are.. thank you. Thank you for taking a stand against the bullshit.

White people who see blackness as politics happens in all spaces (Even the skating community!). Look up Planet Roller Skate - Indy Jamma Jones Racism.

She basically ran a Facebook group for roller skaters to discuss issues with a 'no politics' rule. What ended up happening was that everyone could vent about their experiences as skaters, females being cat called.. overweight people being fat shamed etc. But when black skaters began to tell their stories of being racially abused whilst skating the posts were deleted.

& on that note I'll say this.. please protect your mental health by NOT engaging with the people on this thread. Their views and comments are toxic to me & to you & the best thing we can do is remove ourselves from them. They will never understand & its not our job to make them understand.

Love x

Last edited: