• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
even if you are, its not like they dont have their own problems in life, cruel people destroying others lives are every where.
I'm a straight white male. Apparently I have all the power and privilege in society... Funny that didn't help me the 4 times I've been made homeless or the time I got threatened with arrested for trying to protect my daughter from potential harm. So much for that privilege malarkey lol

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Hey @noaccount I'm just reading through the thread here & as a black woman please hear me out.

The other people taking part in this conversation are unable & unwilling to open their minds & hearts to what you are saying.

I'm not sure your ethnicity but whatever ethnicity you are.. thank you. Thank you for taking a stand against the bullshit.

White people who see blackness as politics happens in all spaces (Even the skating community!). Look up Planet Roller Skate - Indy Jamma Jones Racism.

She basically ran a Facebook group for roller skaters to discuss issues with a 'no politics' rule. What ended up happening was that everyone could vent about their experiences as skaters, females being cat called.. overweight people being fat shamed etc. But when black skaters began to tell their stories of being racially abused whilst skating the posts were deleted.

& on that note I'll say this.. please protect your mental health by NOT engaging with the people on this thread. Their views and comments are toxic to me & to you & the best thing we can do is remove ourselves from them. They will never understand & its not our job to make them understand.

Love x
No she was more than welcome to talk about experiences but I don't want political discussions like "defund the police" and other stuff in the discord. You know stuff that causes big dumb arguments lol

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
But when black skaters began to tell their stories of being racially abused whilst skating the posts were deleted.
theyre allowed to do that though. its just not allowed to be on a political level. you can talk about your personal experience though.

Reactions: Hyperborean