G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Could you hire someone skilled to be around autistic children to come help you with your children a couple hours occasionally? My idea is your children will come to know and trust them a bit so you can get away for a bit every now and then.
I think in the end getting away a little bit won't help. It's that their overall behavior is challenging. I'm a low energy person, so they tend to overstimulate me. I tell them calmly that they are overstimulating me, and they are starting that means I won't be as receptive to play or as emotionally accessible if they keep fighting. My daughters 12+ tantrums a day will push you to your limit regardless of small breaks. I can take it most days today was just too much. They stopped once they made me cry. They aren't bad kids they are kids difficult.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, AvaAdore and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing that. It's interesting society shames moms for not liking their kids 100% of the time. Moms might be less stressed if they could openly say how thankless and hard this job can be some days.

'society' probably don't have a clue what it feels to be in the situation that others are. just like they don't understand what it feels to be suicidal!

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace and Ghost2211
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
Thank you for sharing that. It's interesting society shames moms for not liking their kids 100% of the time. Moms might be less stressed if they could openly say how thankless and hard this job can be some days.

I agree so much. Especially when it comes to special needs kids.

Nobody likes their family 100% of the time but for whatever reason moms (especially of special needs kids) are held to impossible, ridiculous, inhumanly high standards.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and AvaAdore
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
One other thought is to take supplements for stress like ashwaghanda and possibly cbd oil.

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
One other thought is to take supplements for stress like ashwaghanda and possibly cbd oil.
Marijuana in the evening does the trick. I'm all sorts of calm and happy lol

• Love
Reactions: Brink, demuic and AvaAdore