W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, certainly. I think schools are designed for neurotypical people so therefore I struggled in that kind of environment. I was constantly treated in an patronizing way by teachers due to my mild autism. I always felt an sense of despair when going in there and had to go in even when I was physically unwell. I hated being around people all day with no break. I always felt the most lonely and isolated in a room full of people. There is too much pressure associated with school - whats the point when we all just die anyway?

I can totally relate.
I'm a teacher and I wonder...how on Earth does this system think that schools can really work like this? Things gotta change. Otherwise, bullying will always be here.

Reactions: FuneralCry and demuic
M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
Nah, even though I thought I was fat, ugly and probably had lower self esteem than everyone else it was probably the easiest time of my life haha. The most regretable aswell. If only I applied myself things could have been different. As for being bullied I'm not sure, cruel things were said and done, and I'm probably guilty of that in some way although I hope I'm not! People try to paint teens as "kids" these days but that's not how I remember it lmao. Sadly bullying will always exist, maybe not directly as you get older but you only have to listen to people gossiping to realise it's the same shit different age. I guess some people just like to think of others beneath them to feel a bit better, no idea.

S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Not a single positive memory came from hs. The only positive thought I can remember is graduating and thinking things would be perfect and much better in college. I was teased a few times but never straight on bullied like in the movies. The bullying was subtle through social exclusion. I tried to join friend groups just for people to leave me out of convos as if I didn't exist or flat out ignore me. One time I tried to socialize by going around from friend group to friend group and they flat out looked at me, stopped smiling, and then stopped talking about whatever it is they were talking about. As I was talking a few of them kept looking away and I could tell they were waiting for me to stfu and go away so they could go back to their convos. Sitting at lunch was the most uncomfortable thing I could think of. My school didn't allow food in the library so I couldn't take my food and eat there so I'd skip lunch just so I wouldn't have to sit alone

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic and WornOutLife
lastingabyss

lastingabyss

Knockin’ on Heaven’s door
Apr 10, 2021
unknowingly at the time, but yeah definitely when i think back. i got bullied for like 3-4 years of the time i was there for; and i'd often make up excuses up to my parents to try and convince them to let me have days off. my friends would also bully me too, which made me feel even more isolated. i was never spectacular at anything academically either, and my teachers didn't like me too much either. i think everyone hated high school, lmao - it was the point of my life where i thought i wouldn't have made it to 18

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic