NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
The reason why Nitschke is supporting euthanasia in prison is... Few years ago he helped (knowingly? unknowingly?) a suspect in a murder case to kill himself before police caught him. This lead to criticism. My personal guess is after this incident, he advocated euthanasia option for criminals.

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Greenberg
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Did he really say that about the PPH? That's surprising. I would think that he would be in support of everyone having access to it. Philip strikes me as a saint, we are in desperate need of more people like him if we ever want to see a pro-choice world. I agree with him that prisoners should be offered a peaceful death sentence as an alternative to prison time. People don't like to talk about it, but being locked up is grossly inhumane. It's easy to ignore the inhumanity of imprisonment when one considers how atrocious some crimes are. But the truth is that torturing criminals doesn't benefit anyone. They are locked up in order to keep the public safe, and that is obviously vital. But we only do so because we lack the knowledge and technology to fix their dysfunctional brains. In a perfect world, which currently we are too ignorant to manifest, there are no prisons.
I agree with every word.

• Love
Reactions: whitefeather and Superdeterminist
A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
I'm not comfortable with Dr. Philip Nitschke either. There is something to smug or flip about his approach to death that I can't handle. To be honest, I've experienced the same from assisted suicide clinics in Switzerland. They are wonderful and willing to help you, but it feels almost like you're booking a resort vacation more than a death. It is hard to internalize.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, BeautifulMosaics, Superdeterminist and 2 others