O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
She was in unbearable pain for months as her lung cancer(Diana Rigg was a longtime smoker) spread throughout her body, she begged to be put to death, but British laws forbade it, she was always a strong advocate for assisted suicide, but nothing could be done, and she suffered greatly until she died at age 82--In the UK, you can be jailed for 14 years for assisting someone to kill themselves

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
That's horrendous. Being forced to live when dealing with such a poor quality of life is unthinkable.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
you can be jailed for 14 years for assisting someone to kill themselves
its sadly such a fine line to walk.
there are some cases that are ok, you can read lots of "success" stories where they would have regret going through with it, they and no one else have anyway of knowing 1 case from the next.
depending on how open we're being with the 'assisted' part (outside of a hospital?) i can also see straight up murder. "oh no, i didnt kill them i swear. this person begged me to do it" even though the person might have done no such thing.

i agree that it should be more open, but i also see it from the other side, how the hell is anyone suppose to really to tell the difference.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really so disgusting and hellish how humans wish to prolong suffering no matter what. Allowing people a peaceful exit from this existence on their own terms is relieving and compassionate.

Reactions: imastain